• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thought a les baer 308

a1-equipment

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2007
Salem VA
Looking at ordering a les baer semi 308 with the enforcer brake 24" barrel any one got one? Reviews? I have les in 223 and had 6.5 Grendel both shot great

I am lefty how bad is the gas

Re: Thought a les baer 308

I have a LBC .264 AR as well and am very pleased with it. I've been considering a .308 too.

Mine is 100% reliable and very accurate. My only complaint is the large clunky forend but a trip to the mill for rails/slots, and a little skateboard tape...I'm set. Some will tell you they are expensive and your paying for the name, but there is no denying that it performs. Mine was south of 3K so the $ were no worse than most quality 308 autos.

Hope this helps.

After seeing the backwards castle nuts on their advertisements (and hearing their after-the-fact lame excuse), I think I'd pass and go with an AR builder and leave the 1911s to Les Baer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tylerw02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After seeing the backwards castle nuts on their advertisements (and hearing their after-the-fact lame excuse), I think I'd pass and go with an AR builder and leave the 1911s to Les Baer. </div></div>

I agree with this 100%

For 3k, you could get an LMT MWS, Larue OBR, Larue PredatAR, or Noveske. All of which are primarily AR manufacturers. Or you could build your own for $2000+
I built a MA Ten with a dimpled Noveske barrel for around $2100 (-the dimpling) and I love it.

What pattern is the Les Baer? Is it DPMS or proprietary?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R.O.U.S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What pattern is the Les Baer? Is it DPMS or proprietary? </div></div>

+1 you don't want a proprietary system if you can do without it.

It is dpms patterned and not proprietary

Had a LB Ultimate Match rifle and now a Grendel and both perform flawlessly and accurate.

Sorry for the thread jack, but looking at the pictures of the new Les Baer Monolithic Swat version, it has some similarities to Mega Machine products. Does Mega produce any parts for the rifle? If so, I consider that added value.