• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Thoughts? 9mm 1911

7152F935-2E17-4CF5-9218-5937EF02C279.jpeg
Love the STI Omni

I've built a Caspian Commander, had an early Colt Gold Cup, custom tuned an early Kimber, and carry a Para Ordnance P-12.

I just bought a CZ Shadow 2 last week and have 500 rounds through it and it's the best semi auto handgun I've ever shot. The weight and bore axis tame recoil and rise like nothing else. Trigger is very good as are the sights, only thing I'm changing are the grips to LOK palm swells.

i-h2BZ7n6-L.jpg

I love my 9mm 1911. I do prefer my other .45's tho. With that being said be careful about buying a used 9mm 1911. My buddy recently picked up a springfield in 9mm. I am pretty sure the recoil spring and trigger spring were worn out. It wasn't a pain to fix but it just didn't run extremely well until we replaced the springs. After doing so there were still some issues. He took it to a local gun smith and had him look over it. Long story short after the gun smith was done with it, the pistol ran like a champ. The 9mm shoots super smooth and has a lot less recoil. You can shoot them all day. Plus your wallet wont hurt as much when you do shoot it haha. As previous members have mentioned the STI's are sweet pistols. They feel perfectly balanced and everything is very tight. You can't go wrong with them. I would recommend trying out a few different brands if your local range/buddies have any. Then just find the right one for you!

I've built a Caspian Commander, had an early Colt Gold Cup, custom tuned an early Kimber, and carry a Para Ordnance P-12.

I just bought a CZ Shadow 2 last week and have 500 rounds through it and it's the best semi auto handgun I've ever shot. The weight and bore axis tame recoil and rise like nothing else. Trigger is very good as are the sights, only thing I'm changing are the grips to LOK palm swells.

i-h2BZ7n6-L.jpg
Im so jealous right now. I love CZ's

No one has mentioned the Colt competition in 9mm . I'm curious if anyone has any experience with one . It's on my list . STI is my focus right now for comp. . Range officer and Colt comp will fill out the stable at some point .

i-h2BZ7n6-L.jpg
Love my CZ Shadow 2 as well. But like ironictwitch says my PM9 is amazing.

No one has mentioned the Colt competition in 9mm . I'm curious if anyone has any experience with one . It's on my list . STI is my focus right now for comp. . Range officer and Colt comp will fill out the stable at some point .
Played with one in-store and liked it quite a bit, but I already have a Dan Wesson 9mm so no need for another 9mm 1911.