• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes thoughts on a swfa super sniper 10x42

mph84

Private
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2012
Atl, GA
I got one of these and I like it a lot but truthfully I don't know much about them. I read some good reviews on them so I wanted y'alls thoughts. Any points of concern?

thanks

mike

Re: thoughts on a swfa super sniper 10x42

Quit looking at it. Slap it on your rifle and get out and shoot and you'll see how she works !!! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I haven't owned any but shot one of the older ones about 6 or 7 yrs ago and it worked flawlessly. Tracked perfectly and felt bulletproof. I know the newer ones have some higher quality glass especially if you get the HD models. I use the SS 5-20 on one of my rifles and am very happy with it.

Here is a recent review conducted on the 10x42:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3703952&gonew=1#UNREAD

I ordered a mrad rear focus a couple days ago. Also read they like a sunshade so I added one and caps. Can't wait to try it out on the Savage MKII TR .22.

Like MisterHall, but I use the fixed SS 20X42mm on my Savage MKII TR 22LR. Works great for my old eyes. Can't beat it for the price, quality and CS if necessary.

I have two one 10x rear focus moa and one 10x hd mrad both work perfectly. If I had to buy again I would stay with 10x for hunting and med range shooting it suits me.

I chose the 12, I like it a lot. I wish they had done a side focus on it though.

I had (stupidly traded it) 10X and still have a 20X. The 10X was on a M1A that i had in a Sage EBR stock and the 20X was on my Barrett M99. I've not had a single issue with the lower priced line of SWFA scopes. They seem to be built like tanks. Matter-of-fact, I think I might be getting another soon. Not sure if I'll go with the 10X or 12X to top off a .308 I'm working on.

Thanks a ton for all the replys everybody. I've had the scope on my 700 PSS .300 win mag for quite a while and really like it. Just wondering how they compare to some of the higher end stuff I guess.

I have a 16x on my competition .22lr and do not have one complaint, Had a 20x on my .308 But switched it out to a veritable magnification for the environment I use it it in, "hunting" target acquisition is tuff on 20x if its moving or close. Good scopes for the money! The low light is not as good as my vortex 5-15x44... But thats when its almost dark