• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Thoughts on JB Bore Bright in factory barrels

Kevin1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2011
Allen, TX, USA
I think (but I’m not sure), that this has improved the accuracy on my Savage 22 Lr.

What are your thoughts on this product?
Would it hurt to use it once in while (like after 500 rounds)in addition to the regular cleaning?
Have you noticed improved accuracy on factory barrels that are usually a little rough?

Re: Thoughts on JB Bore Bright in factory barrels

Savage rifles are button-rifled. The lands are very small and abrasives should not be used, such as those used for fire lapping. I am not familiar with JB Bore bright. If it is a polish with very fine abrasive similar to FLITZ I would use it sparingly.

You can but I doubt you'll improve accuracy much, if at all. What you'll gain is a barrel that is easier to clean.

Go look up C.Dixons comments on the topic. Somewhere he did a brief explanation what to do.

Kevin,

I think you would be fine using it as much as you like. I use RemClean on my rifles for years, and have never had an issue with carbon or copper fouling or bore damage. Just base on my personal experience with a similar product. If in doubt I would contact David Tubbs, the maker, and get his opinion. Great guy to talk to. Good luck.
grin.gif

Regards,
Paul