• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

thoughts on the ARAK-21?

kentuckycoyle

Private
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2014
Anderson, KY
I'm somehow just hearing about the ARAK-21 from Faxon Firearms. It seems pretty awesome but maybe I'm just wanting to shoot an AR with no buffer tube idk lol what's everyone else's opinion on it? Also Rock River Arms has a LAR-PDS that seems like the same thing. Any thought on that as well?

I would love an ARAK-21 someday but just can't afford one now. I think it's a great idea and would be awesome for an SBR with a folding stock. If the price doesn't matter to you, i would get one!

Interesting idea, but I wouldn't be able to get a solid cheekweld using a carbine stock on that rifle. The rail is already way taller than a standard AR and then add in that the objective bell of your optic has to clear the rail as well and you are looking at a rifle you can fire from the hip and still see down the sights.

a buddy of mine has one and he had a switch barrel for it in 300blk . It shot nice . accurate enough @ 100 yrd. but didn't take it out yardage past that . Machining and quality looked good an it also .
It was not my toy so I did not run the crap out it to give it a good check but from limited time that day I shoot it, I thought it was a nice 223 platform .

The change-out barrel logic on AR platforms never really stuck on me . (imho) I just have different Uppers w/ different Cals. set to go on 1 Lower .