• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thoughts on this inside my bore?

pballkm21

Private
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2021
Long Island, NY
Just got a bore scope and this is an inch from the chamber. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_3658.jpeg
    IMG_3658.jpeg
    367.3 KB · Views: 181
it shoot absolutely lights out hahahaha I was curious if people will think this is catastrophic or anything - doesn't bug me at all, but interesting to see

If it isn't stripping copper from the bullet I should think all is ok. Looks like a tooling mark wobble. The grain structure on what little that can be seen around that spot looks very nice.

Yeah, I've seen worse. It might pickup junk over time, but I wouldn't worry. It does look like an edge of a cleaning rod or brush scratched it?

If its accurate I wouldnt worry about it, things you cant even see can hurt accuracy more then a tool mark

Wipe clean the exterior end of the bore scope.
That's contact transfer off the metal mirror cover.
If you pull a patch through, it'll likely remove the contact streaks.
Won't be there the next time you scope the rifling.
If, you keep the borescope clean. ;)

Reactions: ZG47A
I only look through a scope to check for carbon rings, or if the barrel won't shoot acceptably.

It's crazy how bad it can look and still shoot crazy good. It's also funny how you can't see anything wrong and it won't shoot good at all. It's just nice to see something and have a very solid reason if you need to return it.

That's nothing to concern you. I was scared when I saw this bore on my brand new Sav B22-FV, but it started out ca 0.5 @ 50 and just got better. And some others looked worse than this - still OK.
9-02-20 B22 Near Muzzle A.jpg

Silvermachine, Yep, "Made in Canada" so they're good at that :p Also had RR-tracks all-thru the bore but I don't have pics of that. Still, with 'good ammo' like SK-flavors I get some 2s and 3s - and some 7s :(