Thoughts on Vertical Ergo Grip

shax2lex

Private
Belligerents
Feb 27, 2013
Columbia, SC
I’ve been looking to switch my grips to a more vertical grip. I like my Ergo Tactical Deluxe grips so I want something similar. Turns out, there are these.

ERGO GRIPS - TDX-0 TACTICAL DELUXE ZERO ANGLE SUREGRIPS

does anyone have these and use the? What are your thoughts for AR usage?

thanks!

AK4900PA

Sergeant
Belligerents
May 25, 2013
+1

I currently have the Magpul K2+ on my AR-15 and AR-10 and I like the steeper angle, but I have fairly large hands and the Ergo grip looks to have a larger circumference. Been thinking about trying them out.

Longshot231

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2018
I have that grip on all my ARs and a SIG MPX. It's definitely worth it.

Potsy

Private
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2019
I put an MPA vertical grip (for their chassis) on my AR a while back. I really like it, and I pretty much hate the feel of every other AR grip I’ve tried.
There are a couple downsides. You have to locate and drill the hole for the safety spring, it looks a little goofy, and it’s not a very “dynamic” feeling grip. I also tend to run it with my thumb on the thumb rest, putting it on the opposite side from the safety.
That said, I usually run my AR off a bench, bipod, or other rest, and I think it feels great for my use.

Attachments

Caveman Jim

2APatriot
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2020
PNW
I like more angle on my grip for bench shooting but on my CQC rigs I use the straight grips.
Just more comfortable for this old guy.:unsure:

Dobbs02si

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2020
I have one on a chassis, and a second on a 10" lop ar. It keeps my janky wrist from feeling like it's going to break on the stubby. Makes tripping the safety effortless as well.

Edit: My hands are not overly large, but I do have monkey fingers, so the palm swell works for me.

ccasanova

Private
Belligerents
Jul 10, 2010
Southeast LA
I have a black one I’d trade for a Deluxe or flat top deluxe. If nobody has one to trade, I’ll just mail it to one of you and y’all can pass it around to test out.

ricard13

Private
Hessian
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2019
I have switched 100% over to K2's. I used to have the Ergo deluxe on all my guns, but, although I liked them they always felt a bit fat in my hand. I've got a bunch laying around somewhere.

AznTactical

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2018
Wisconsin
I absolutely love Ergo's TDX grips. I've changed all of my precision rifles to them too. I like them better than MPA's and MDT's vertical grips.

Attachments