• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thoughts on Vertical Ergo Grip

shax2lex

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2013
Columbia, SC
I’ve been looking to switch my grips to a more vertical grip. I like my Ergo Tactical Deluxe grips so I want something similar. Turns out, there are these.

ERGO GRIPS - TDX-0 TACTICAL DELUXE ZERO ANGLE SUREGRIPS

does anyone have these and use the? What are your thoughts for AR usage?

thanks!

+1

I currently have the Magpul K2+ on my AR-15 and AR-10 and I like the steeper angle, but I have fairly large hands and the Ergo grip looks to have a larger circumference. Been thinking about trying them out.

I have that grip on all my ARs and a SIG MPX. It's definitely worth it.

I put an MPA vertical grip (for their chassis) on my AR a while back. I really like it, and I pretty much hate the feel of every other AR grip I’ve tried.
There are a couple downsides. You have to locate and drill the hole for the safety spring, it looks a little goofy, and it’s not a very “dynamic” feeling grip. I also tend to run it with my thumb on the thumb rest, putting it on the opposite side from the safety.
That said, I usually run my AR off a bench, bipod, or other rest, and I think it feels great for my use.

Attachments

• 017F1C78-6EEE-47A2-ADD5-F6DA47D59500.jpeg
    017F1C78-6EEE-47A2-ADD5-F6DA47D59500.jpeg
    954.6 KB · Views: 563
I like more angle on my grip for bench shooting but on my CQC rigs I use the straight grips.
Just more comfortable for this old guy.:unsure:

I have one on a chassis, and a second on a 10" lop ar. It keeps my janky wrist from feeling like it's going to break on the stubby. Makes tripping the safety effortless as well.

Edit: My hands are not overly large, but I do have monkey fingers, so the palm swell works for me.

I have a black one I’d trade for a Deluxe or flat top deluxe. If nobody has one to trade, I’ll just mail it to one of you and y’all can pass it around to test out.

I have switched 100% over to K2's. I used to have the Ergo deluxe on all my guns, but, although I liked them they always felt a bit fat in my hand. I've got a bunch laying around somewhere.

I like the angle of the TDX-0 but I hate the contour. I prefer the size/shape of the K2+

I absolutely love Ergo's TDX grips. I've changed all of my precision rifles to them too. I like them better than MPA's and MDT's vertical grips.

Attachments

• 20190706_221051.jpg
    20190706_221051.jpg
    542.7 KB · Views: 313
Anyone feels like there is a bit more play with a heavy rifle with the TDX zero as opposed to the MDT which feel absolutely rock solid ? Because I absolutely love the size and texture but if I hold the rifle with one hand it does feel like the grip is moving and I've torque the hell out of it.

Anyone feels like there is a bit more play with a heavy rifle with the TDX zero as opposed to the MDT which feel absolutely rock solid ? Because I absolutely love the size and texture but if I hold the rifle with one hand it does feel like the grip is moving and I've torque the hell out of it.

I have 3 Ergo vertical pistol grips and have zero play or movement issues.

Reactions: Longshot231
Interesting, maybe I’ll try to JB weld a washer or a metal plate or something to reinforce the base of the grip.

I use the Ergo on my Tikka Tac A1. I love it compared to the factory grip. Installation was quick and painless. Ergonomically it felt like a broken in pair of boots. My hands are pretty big so the palm swell makes it really comfy to grip and puts my trigger finger in a good position.

I have them on XLR chassis and a couple of ARs. I like them and plan on adding more to the collection.

Attachments

• EF1C23FA-6CE9-4CD9-B903-D96EEA3F0FDA.jpeg
    EF1C23FA-6CE9-4CD9-B903-D96EEA3F0FDA.jpeg
    414.6 KB · Views: 974