• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Thoughts or experience with Timney AR-10 trigger

SOBRYDEL

That Guy
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2004
Canadian County, Ok.
Picked up a Larue 7.62 OBR a few weeks back and don't really like the 2 stage Giessele trigger that came in it.

Anyone running a Timney AR-10 Competition Trigger in their rifle?

Likes or dislikes?

What didn't you like about the trigger? Weight of pull? Which Geissele trigger is in your rifle? Just curious. I have a Sig 716 .308 that I needed to put a trigger in. The OE trigger was "MILSPEC". They said it was a 7.5 pound trigger but it measured at 6.5 ponds. Still much too heavy for my liking. So I ordered a couple Geissele SSA-E triggers and put one in the Sig. Geissele said its a 3.5 pound trigger, but on my scale it broke at 3.25 pounds total weight. Much much better. The SSA Geissele is supposed to break at 4.5 pounds, I think. I don't have any Timney experience, sorry. I've heard there good. But I love my Geissele. They make several different triggers and weights to choose from, as I'm sure you know. And they back their triggers no sweat. I hope you find the right feel for you. Good luck.

I have the Timney AR Competition 3# trigger in my Recce rifle and it breaks like glass. I also have the SSA-E in my AR10 and love it.

I have the skeletonized 3# version in a 308. Its the only single stage trigger i use. While i also prefer two stage triggers specifically Geissele NM in precision rigs and SD3Gs in short range rifles - the 3 pound Timneys are my favorite single stage triggers. If you do indeed have an SSA-E or a NM Match rifle/DMR I would also be happy to trade. Ill throw in some KNS pins too if youd like.

I replaced the Timney's I has with Geissele's. Maybe I just prefer a two stage trigger but the Geissele seemed better to me.

The Timnye AR-10 4 pound trigger Rocks. It really does break like glass. I have an extra. Put 60 rounds through one if you're interested, send me a PM and I'll give you a good price. You won't be disappointed. I'm in love with mine. Sold an AR-10 and kept the trigger!