• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Thoughts, Prayers, and Hope sent Arizona's way...please

Apothus

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2007
Prescott, Arizona
I'm in the town of Chino/Prescott, and today is a horrible day. Last week, we survived a wild fire called the Docie fire. We had over 600 crew, helicopters, giant tankers, and the collective spirit of a great community that banded together to beat back the flames of the 6000+ acre fire. We got so lucky that no homes were lost, and the only injury was an eye abrasion and a bee sting. The town was full of smiles at the fact that we all supported each other through the scary times.

Well...now we have to do it again, so close to the last fire. A new blaze has erupted, claiming 2000 acres in just 2 short days, and this one has already claimed lives. Nineteen of our bravest, most experience fire fighters perished in flames tonight. The wind had shifted and buried them before they could even fully react. Our town, our community is strong, but we are needing help. Please keep the people who have lost their homes in your mind. Please hope for those that homes are threatened, but most importantly please pray for the families of the courageous men that lost their lives tonight.

Official: 19 firefighters die battling Ariz. fire

Devastating. RIP

The Hotshot's Prayer<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
When I am called to duty, Lord to fight the roaring blaze, please keep me safe and strong I may be here for days. Be with my fellow crewmembers, as we hike up to the top. Help us cut enough line, for this blaze to stop. Let my skills and hands be firm and quick. Let me find those safety zones, as we hit and lick. For if this day on the line, I should lose my life, Lord, bless my Hotshot Crew, my children and my wife.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
~~ Anonymous<O:p</O:p

Last edited: