• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thread Locker

MtnCreek

Moderater
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2012
I used thread locker to secure base and rings on this rifle and am having a hard time removing them. Couldn't find any blue loctite, so used clear. It's made by surefire. Anybody know the best way to remove it? I sold the scope and am supposed to ship it tomorrow.

676594881.223014public.jpeg

Rockset only takes like 35lbs to break loose... just crank on it a bit more.

• Haha
Reactions: 10ring'r
I can't get the cap off the turret to replace the battery either. Think I may have used the thread locker on that too. So soldering iron?

Blow torch, use MAPP gas to save time. Rocksett is rated to 1,500F so get cookin 🔥

Reactions: Edgecrusher
I think TBAC guys here mentioned rocksett only having the strength of blue loctite but with the heat resistance. If that’s the case it should remove with a bit of force. Otherwise soaking it in warm water may do it. Could always run the area under hot water for a bit to see if that helps

As for the battery cap I definitely wouldn’t have used anything on that. But same principle should apply for removing

If it’s actually rocksett

Die grinder and carbide bit, works every time

Reactions: Charger442
Anybody know how long a scope can be submerged in boiling hot water? It's a vortex if that makes a difference.
Dunk it

It’s vortex. Probably already broke

Just kidding. Not sure I’d boil a scope

What about an impact driver?

I have a metal cutting bandsaw. Send it in over and I’ll cut that shit off for the small fee of $2,999.99.

be careful when using 1/4" reducers on a impact that was designed for 1/2"......because you have the same amount of force acting over a smaller area (4x smaller)....you are essentially increasing the power of your impact driver by 4x, if you arent careful, that is enough to shear even impact rated bits pretty easily.
Don’t worry, I are mechanic
1654909343107.gif

So by this time surely you’ve boiled the scope, stripped the heads or cut/drilled it off 😁

What’s the current status?

be careful when using 1/4" reducers on a impact that was designed for 1/2"......because you have the same amount of force acting over a smaller area (4x smaller)....you are essentially increasing the power of your impact driver by 4x, if you arent careful, that is enough to shear even impact rated bits pretty easily.
If we start shearing 1/4 drive tooling on some 1/8” fasteners we have bigger problems

If we start shearing 1/4 drive tooling on some 1/8” fasteners we have bigger problems

I've done that before trying to get off a small fastener on my car. Used some bargain bin sockets on a small electric impact drill. Instantly broke like a fortune cookie, tasted weird but maybe that's someone else's flavor.

We know you do concrete work

have you tried the jackhammer yet?

1654915440150.png