• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Thread on 3 lug adapters

Jnull

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2020
Are they worth a shit? I have no experience with 3 lug setups. I just bought a gen 2 sig MPX-K and also put a wolfman and obsidian 9 in jail.

I’d like to run the wolfman with a 3 lug on the MPX but don’t really want to drop over $400 on a barrel from in lead we trust. Do the thread on 3 lug adapters stay put when removing the suppressor? Do they need to be pinned to keep from rotating off?

Use Rocksett when installing the 3lug and you should be fine. There is not much lateral force imparted on the mount when putting on and taking off suppressor.

Or I may have misunderstood your question and you are wanting to use a 3lug adapter with the front portion threaded and thread on and off the suppressor.

Reactions: 143lrsd
Use Rocksett when installing the 3lug and you should be fine. There is not much lateral force imparted on the mount when putting on and taking off suppressor.

Or I may have misunderstood your question and you are wanting to use a 3lug adapter with the front portion threaded and thread on and off the suppressor.

No you had it right, I wouldn’t even get a 3 lug adapter with a threaded end

Reactions: 143lrsd
My ILWT 3 lug has stayed put for 3 years now on a cut and rethreaded factory barrel. This is running a Wolf 9sd.

My ILWT 3 lug has stayed put for 3 years now on a cut and rethreaded factory barrel. This is running a Wolf 9sd.

Do you take the can on and off often? Loctite or rocksett?

Do you take the can on and off often? Loctite or rocksett?
If I remember correctly, I applied Loctite. Also, though I don’t carry it as often as I used to, I mounted and dismounted the can 10-20 times a week for quite a few months, enough that while I have to push down and twist to mount it, I can just twist it now for it to come off(wore down the female lug interface).

If I remember correctly, I applied Loctite. Also, though I don’t carry it as often as I used to, I mounted and dismounted the can 10-20 times a week for quite a few months, enough that while I have to push down and twist to mount it, I can just twist it now for it to come off(wore down the female lug interface).

Good stuff, thank you.

Reactions: blcouch