• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Threading a Henry golden boy

LineofDeparture

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2011
New Roads, La
Has anyone on here had a Henry golden boy threaded? I've always wanted one, plan to buy one in 17hmr but I'd also like to run my can on it too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please someone reply to this. I put a Marbles tang sight on mine and love the octagon barrel but would love to run a can on it.

Once you shoot suppressed, you tend to want to shoot suppressed.

Can't see why you can't thread one..

I'd have to disagree. Anything without a can is just wrong.;-)

like top said!!
not that i dont like or use a/can, i do
just hate to do it to a classic style thats all, ie lever
but if every one was the same/the world be a boreing place.to each his on,
good luck my friend,

I've got a Marlin 1894 threaded (.38/.357). The only thing quieter is a bolt-action 22.
Super fun...

I'm not sure how a Henry Golden is loaded (tube or side gate), but if removing the tube is required, then it might become a slight pain to keep removing the can. There's a guy who modified the angle of the tube on his Marlin 39A.

He posted pics in this thread:
suppressed .22 lever gun? - AR15.Com Archive

It may look non-traditional, but you can't help smiling/laughing when you shoot a suppressed lever-gun.

Post pics if you do it!

Three questions for you about that plan:
1) If you thread the barrel, it looks like you'll end up moving the front sight backward. The front sight blade is dovetailed on some of them (not certain about the 17HMR). Have you planed for that?
2) If you screw your can onto the barrel after it is threaded, you're going to make sure to leave enough room for the base of your can to clear the front sight and the end of the magazine tube. If the threads in your suppressor are flush with the end of the can, then you may be ok; but if they are recessed and your can fits over the barrel then be sure to measure twice, cut once.
3) How do you plan to reload the tube magazine if you've attached the can? Won't you have to remove the suppressor every time you want to extend the magazine tube follower to reload???

Three questions for you about that plan:
1) If you thread the barrel, it looks like you'll end up moving the front sight backward. The front sight blade is dovetailed on some of them (not certain about the 17HMR). Have you planed for that?
2) If you screw your can onto the barrel after it is threaded, you're going to make sure to leave enough room for the base of your can to clear the front sight and the end of the magazine tube. If the threads in your suppressor are flush with the end of the can, then you may be ok; but if they are recessed and your can fits over the barrel then be sure to measure twice, cut once.
3) How do you plan to reload the tube magazine if you've attached the can? Won't you have to remove the suppressor every time you want to extend the magazine tube follower to reload???
I have a smith that claims he wants and has done the job before. If we can't put the sight back on, then I'll just run a 4c scope on it. I actually have a mount I was going to put in my mares leg but changed my mind. But I'll see what the smith says. He wants to make an barrel matching thread protector as well.

The feed tube is shirt enough where threading shouldn't interfere. And the can I have is a spectre II which should get in the way of the feed tube. Although larger cans may have an issue . So I guess right now the sight is the real issue, if that is we don't have to shorten the feed tube.

I have a Henry youth in 22lr non octagon barrel. I shoot it suppressed with a SilencerCo sparrow.

Talk to your smith and see if threading the octagon barrel will destroy the tooling. I say that because I wanted to cut and thread a fluted barrel and I was told the high/low will destroy the tooling.

On my Henry my smith shortened my magazine tube no problem. It is a little annoying unscrewing the suppressor to reload the magazine tube. I'm looking at purchasing and SBRing the Mare's leg. If I do I may invest in a new dedicated suppressor for the two. I'm looking at the Griffin Armament checkmate QD (quick detach.)

Before I purchase the suppressor I'm going to buy the $ 25.00 mini three lug/QD mount and see if when it's on (QD mount) I can remove the magazine tube. If so the push and quarter turn will be a lot better then completely in threading the suppressor.

Y-tube bid of the suppressor.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ud5tosFnW0

Ahhh, after mocking it up I do see how the mag rod will interfere with the suppressor. So a qd would be sufficient and good for dedication.... Now I have more considerations to make.

Yea I think I'm going to leave well enough alone. If the rod wouldn't have gotten in the way it was on like a pot of neck bones! Maybe later I'll bring it back if I get another rimfire suppressor that's qd.... For now she's safe