• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Threading the stock barrel on a Beretta???

raptor99

Minuteman
Oct 18, 2005
Pierre SD
I have read where you can thread the stock barrel on a 92 Bretta. Then my gunsmith tells me that he wouldn't do it because he doesn't feel that there are enough threads. SOooo...who do I believe???

Any of you guys out there done this?? If so hows it working for you???

Who makes a aftermarket threaded barrel that doesn't cost $200+???? Thanks Guys!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Threading the stock barrel on a Beretta???

Tornado Technologies can do it, I am sure there are others.

There is enough length to thread 13.5x1L metric. I wonder if your local guy was thinking about .5x28 threads.

Tornado Technologies is a good recommendation.

Should you go with the metric thread rather than the standard thread then????

Tornado Tech does good work. I would call them and find out their lead time to do the work since they tool up to do large batches of the same work. They did my FN 5.7 pistol and I am very happy with the work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BookHound</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is enough length to thread 13.5x1L metric. I wonder if your local guy was thinking about .5x28 threads.

Tornado Technologies is a good recommendation. </div></div>

I had mine threaded .5x28. Gemtech did it for me. No problems for me.

Tornado Technologies did my Beretta 92FS for about $85 in 1/2x28. It took around 2 weeks to get it back from the time I put it in the mail.

Bookhound, why metric has enough lenght and the standard does not? How and what is the difference other than one is right hand and the other is left hand? Thanks.

Actually there should be enough room for proper .5x28 threads. If I am not mistaken the tenon lengths are about the same. I have seen some less experienced 'smiths cut the .5x28 threads a little longer than they should. I've also seen some 'smiths not be able to cut a metric thread. Someone who knows what they are doing (like Mike at Tornado) should be able to cut proper length .5x28 threads on the barrel.

I had a local smith do mine in 1/2X28 and it works great,plenty of room on a factory barrel. TJR