• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Three of the Same Scope for all Rifles?

Fattygabbiee

Private
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2017
Hi all,

I am curious if anyone else does this or considering it. I am getting a Vortex Razor HDII 4.5-27x56 for my 20” 224 Valkyrie AR15. To make life easier and to master one reticle, I am considering getting the same scope (three total) for my two other rifles: 18” Bartlein 223 CLE AR15 and a 22” 6.5 Creedmoor Mausingfield bolt gun.

The 223 has a Nightforce 4-16x42 F1 and the 6.5 Creedmoor has a Razor HDII 3-18x50. These are incredible scopes are more than capable of shooting 100, 200 and sometimes 600 yards. However, I can be crazy in that I want the same setup across the board for consistency and not having to learn a different reticles.

I know I will take a loss selling both scopes to buy two more Razor HDII 4.5-27x56 scopes. Figure I could get 70-80% value for each scope so the remaining costs aren’t too bad. I will be housing the 223 in a Nightforce Ultramount and the 6.5 Creedmoor in ARC M10 rings.

I also have plans of getting a Vudoo 22LR and would use the same scope as well.

Thanks for your help.
FattyGabbiee

I'm in the same boat. I have a bushnell ers on my Sako, a gen 1 vortex on my tikka, and a gen 3 kahles on my beanland.

Shooting today I reached up to adjust the parallax while using the kahles and instinctively reached up and turned the knob on the left side, which happens to be windage on the kahles. If I could afford to outfit all my rifles with kahles I probably would but since money is not endless and anything I have hit with the kahles I have hit with the bushnell, I'm planning on selling or trading the kahles and going all bushnell.

I've done it more than a few times now over the years.

I'll standardize on one brand then upgrade a year or two later. First it was Horus Predators, then Bushnell HDMR's, then S&B.

I also did the Bushnell LRHS 3-12 and the SWFA 3-15, as well as BSA 4-14's.

Actually I have a double going on right now since I can't afford more S&B's at the present. Athlon and S&B. I think it'll remain that way.

I'm in the same boat. I have a bushnell ers on my Sako, a gen 1 vortex on my tikka, and a gen 3 kahles on my beanland.

Shooting today I reached up to adjust the parallax while using the kahles and instinctively reached up and turned the knob on the left side, which happens to be windage on the kahles. If I could afford to outfit all my rifles with kahles I probably would but since money is not endless and anything I have hit with the kahles I have hit with the bushnell, I'm planning on selling or trading the kahles and going all bushnell.

I have done the same thing. This winter I had NF NXS 5.5-22, March 3-24, Kahles Gen 3 624i, Vortex AMG, Bushnell DMR 2, and Bushnell LRHS. I have sold all but the Bushnell and ordered up a few GAP LRHS to replace the scoped I just mentioned. For my needs and what I do the DMR 2 and LRHS cover my needs well and I got to stratch the itch of what some of the spendier scopes were all about. While nice, I like the simplicity of the same style reticle (G3 and G2H are pretty similar aside from the donut o' death) and left some money in my pocket in the process. Ideally I would like an AMG on nearly every rifle I have.....but I live in reality and would rather put $$$ towards air taxis to go hunting and such and "slum" it with LRHS and DMRs ;)

I have done the same thing. This winter I had NF NXS 5.5-22, March 3-24, Kahles Gen 3 624i, Vortex AMG, Bushnell DMR 2, and Bushnell LRHS. I have sold all but the Bushnell and ordered up a few GAP LRHS to replace the scoped I just mentioned. For my needs and what I do the DMR 2 and LRHS cover my needs well and I got to stratch the itch of what some of the spendier scopes were all about. While nice, I like the simplicity of the same style reticle (G3 and G2H are pretty similar aside from the donut o' death) and left some money in my pocket in the process. Ideally I would like an AMG on nearly every rifle I have.....but I live in reality and would rather put $$$ towards air taxis to go hunting and such and "slum" it with LRHS and DMRs ;)

I'm doing the same. I just sold an S&B with the plan of buying an AMG and pocketing the difference, but I didn't want to have to move one scope around between three rifles. So I'm going with a few Bushnells in the meantime. Eventually I'll have my AMG, but it made more sense to get more rifles running without having to re-zero whenever I wanted to take something else out. Having owned a few Bushys before, I know I won't be disappointed. They may not be mind blowing, but they certainly get the job done.

Reactions: alaskalanche
I don't personally like the same scope on different guns, if the application for the gun is different. Some scopes do many things well, most do not. Usually each rifle is trying to focus on an area, so it gets the scope most suitable for its job. If it is a GP rifle, then it gets a GP scope, and there are at least a few good options out there, depending on how you define GP, and what your preferences are.

Most of my guns have NF, though usually not the same model. A few other guns have scopes I'm playing with, and may or may not remain there. Unfortunately for me, NF doesn't make every size/weight/glass scope that I might like.

not sure if the loss would be worth upgrading the 3-18 to a 4.5-27. i'd opt to put that on the AR and the 4.5-27 on the maudingfield and valk

Reactions: Fattygabbiee
I like using the same scope on similar use rifles. Currently I am using S&B 5-20 H59 Ultra Short's on my varmint rifles.