• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thumb hole AX AICS

acg

Private
Minuteman
May 30, 2017
This is a pre-2014 old gen 1 AX AICS, a local machine shop helped me to milled some aluminum off the butt plate area to install the thumbe hole kit.
Q20230412153851.jpg

Did this a few years ago when I swapped an AT butt skeleton and skins (sourced from the UK) with the pre 14 AX butt skeleton.

image002.jpeg

IMG_8145.jpeg

IMG_8149.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: camocorvette
Someone asked me to show where should be milled on the stock. So I removed the skin and show it here.
0710101850.jpg

07101018502.jpg

Total 3 areas need machine work:
A. Top area just cut it off, also remove sling mount.
B. This area needs to mill to same width as the orther part of the aluminum chassis(Both side).
C. Bottom area will needs cut off about half inch.

A screw hole will be needed to drill, if you want install all screws on thumbhole kit.

There will be small cut job on the thumbhole converter skin also, just interior side, can be done in 2 seconds.

Can I ask about the details of how you did this?
I followed the "Vandalizing an AT AICS" thread linked earlier in this chain. Pulled my pre14 AX buttstock off (needed heat and a couple screws out), put the AT on at the hinge (it was for a fixed length, thus the dremel cut), evened up and attached the thumbhole skins, and that was it.

Reactions: lockheed97