• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thumbler's tumbler question/issue

Herd Thinner

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2013
Pittsburgh PA
I just received my tumbler. The first run of 80 300 win mag went with put issue. The second run of 100 308 i found the canister wouldn't move. I followed the directions. After some assistance it started. The third run same problem. Is the total weight to much or is there something I am missing. Any one have any insight. Thanks.

Make sure your band is aligned as much as possible. Says you may have to assist it with starting. Mine is breaking in the more I use it

just a few things:

1.) do not over fill with water... 3/4 max

2.) do not over fill with brass.... for an idea, about 150 5.56 brass OR about 100 308 brass

3.) make sure rollers that the tumbler rolls on are bone dry

I just received my tumbler. The first run of 80 300 win mag went with put issue. The second run of 100 308 i found the canister wouldn't move. I followed the directions. After some assistance it started. The third run same problem. Is the total weight to much or is there something I am missing. Any one have any insight. Thanks.

I also had this problem, I read somewhere that you should use an oil like 3in1 between the steel shafts and plastic bushings. now that thing runs like a champ and I have always used a gallon of water in it.

1. <= 200 .223 cases or <= 100 .308 (or bigger) cases
2. 5 lbs ss media
3. water >= 1" from top

It's not the fastest, but I've had zero issues with that combo.

When it is trying to start, is the motor pulley spinning on the belt, or does it act like the motor is stalled?

I run mine exactly as Six 4 Sure stated, and have had zero issues. I inject a bit of poly grease where the drive shafts pass through the Teflon bushings, this helps reduce noise and drag. Make sure your motor pully and belt are in perfect alignment.

Did you ever notice when it rains your tires have less traction.

If any water gets on the rubber drive wheels the drum will spin.

Keep the water inside the drum and off the outside of the drum.

If you want to do a water burnout then go to the drags.

The second run of 100 308 i found the canister wouldn't move. I followed the directions. After some assistance it started. The third run same problem. Is the total weight to much or is there something I am missing. Any one have any insight. Thanks.

I had the same problem. It runs by friction. You just finished loading it with water and dishwashing soap and some invariably ran over the sides. Thoroughly drying the outside off solved the problem for me.

I had same issue. Was worried the friction tape was too coarse and would wear the rubber bushings. I had some bowstring wax handy--problem solved. Tacky even when wet and won't wear anything out.

I fill mine to 1" headspace with brass and water... Motherfucker weighs a metric ton. I've ran it non stop for months on end like this with the only ill effect being wearing out one of the rubbers on the drive roller and i think that only happened because some of the fp-10 i put on the poly bushings made its way over to the rubber. Thumbler charged about $17 for the whole new roller.

I believe mine is now 7 years old and has tumbled tens of thousands of cases, if not hundreds of thousands. Like others say, take care to keep water off the outside of the drum and the rollers.