• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Thumblers Tumbler @ STM

Cornholeo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2011
Oklahoma city
I had one on back order at Cabelas and they called to tell me they were getting no more...the rest of the year. Searched the web high and low for one and give the guys at STM and order. They said two to three week back-order. Ordered it on 3/1 and received my tracking number today. If you are looking for a Thumblers Tumbler, head over there as they deliver as they promise.

http://www.stainlesstumblingmedia.com/

Guys we are getting in 100-200 tumblers a week. So you should not have to wait more the two weeks to get your tumbler. They are making them as fast as they can. Having problems with the discount codes this weekend but should be fixed by Monday. The codes for the best forum.

Deluxe reloading kit stm10
Reloading kit stm05

Just a heads-up, don't use too much lemishine. 1 tsp if you have soft water and 2 tsp for harder water. Do not use hot water or the brass will not shine and would look dull. Don't let the water air dry on the outside of the case. Wipe the cases off with a towel. Before pouring the water out of the drum, cover the bottom part of the drum with a rag or clothe so the water doesn't get in the metal where it makes contact with the rubber that makes the drum rotate. Keep the metal dry so the drum turns as soon as you turn the tumbler on and no slipping...

I tried to recycle the water ONLY if I can see the cases on the bottom of the drum when I open it. I tried tumbling 1, 500. (3 batches) cases of 9mm using the same water and the water still works but it was so nasty that the last batch of brass doesn't look so shiny after it dried off. It's not worth redoing the last batch so I always change the water at every batch. 1/3 of Ajax DWS and a tspn of lemishine per 5 lbs of brass is very affordable to me... good luck and be amazed of how shiny your nastiest brass get...

Last edited:
Damn it! Just ordered one of these Friday morning and just now seen the codes. Oh well good to hear about possibly getting it sooner rather than later. I've been debating on switching to this for a while and finally decided to give it a try.

Is the current wait time 3 weeks (what it says on the site) or is it still roughly 2 1/2 weeks (like thats a huge difference, I know...lol) So many damn people out there reloading now...........

Just a heads-up, don't use too much lemishine. 1 tsp if you have soft water and 2 tsp for harder water. Do not use hot water or the brass will not shine and would look dull. Don't let the water air dry on the outside of the case. Wipe the cases off with a towel. Before pouring the water out of the drum, cover the bottom part of the drum with a rag or clothe so the water doesn't get in the metal where it makes contact with the rubber that makes the drum rotate. Keep the metal dry so the drum turns as soon as you turn the tumbler on and no slipping...

I tried to recycle the water ONLY if I can see the cases on the bottom of the drum when I open it. I tried tumbling 1, 500. (3 batches) cases of 9mm using the same water and the water still works but it was so nasty that the last batch of brass doesn't look so shiny after it dried off. It's not worth redoing the last batch so I always change the water at every batch. 1/3 of Ajax DWS and a tspn of lemishine per 5 lbs of brass is very affordable to me... good luck and be amazed of how shiny your nastiest brass get...

So the colder water gives shinier brass? I've always used hot because I figured it would clean better. I guess I need to experiment more.

Sent from my POS phone using Tapatalk 2

For some reason the hot water gives it a dull shine on the brass. When I rinsed some brass and accidentally turned the hot water on, the brass turned into this woodland pattern discoloration. It is still safe for firing and the discoloration went away after a couple of firings, but it looks like someone deficated them :D looks freakin ugly it's embarrassing to show them to my shooting buddies... :D

So the colder water gives shinier brass? I've always used hot because I figured it would clean better. I guess I need to experiment more.

Sent from my POS phone using Tapatalk 2

Damn it! Just ordered one of these Friday morning and just now seen the codes. Oh well good to hear about possibly getting it sooner rather than later. I've been debating on switching to this for a while and finally decided to give it a try.

YOu me both, but its all good. I just received mine in the mail today, so I'm eager to give it a try tomorrow. :)

Yep, I just ordered the Model B yesterday with high speed motor and it was shipped same day. $182 and $13 for Shipping plus the sweetheart I spoke to threw in a 5lb bag of stainless media for free. It'll be here next friday. Beats waiting 3 weeks like most other places are saying and it's worth the extra $6.

Edit: That was from the Rock Shop by BTW

Last edited: