• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Thunder Beast 338 Ultra or Surefire 338 Ti Suppressor for .338 Lapua Magnum

Thunder Beast 338 Ultra or Surefire 338 Ti Suppressor for .338 Lapua Magnum

• Total voters

V8Fragoso

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
I am getting ready to purchase a suppressor for my .338 Lapua Magnum rifle however I cant decide between the Thunder Beast 338 Ultra or the Surefire Socom 338 Ti. The rifle consist of a Defiance Rebel action, Bartlein 27" 1/9.5 barrel and a McMillan A5 stock. I'm hoping that someone has some experience with either suppressor and can assist me in deciding which route to go. I currently have a form 4 submitted for a Surefire Socom RC2. I like the lock up system and performance of that suppressor for the AR platform however I don't know if it is the best choice for a long range precision bolt action rifle. Thank you.

Last edited:
Out of your 2 choices I voted for the Thunder Beast, customer service is second to none... But another company to take a look at is SAS.

I wouldnt buy another fucking thing from SureFire - assholes took my money for a 6.5 alignment rod (along with 556 and 762) - showed in stock, and took 10 months to deliver the thing, not responding to voicemails or emails regarding wtf happened.

TB however, Ray is ]always on online with Zac. Two exact opposite CS companies --- one i continue to buy from (have 3 ultras, the 22 takedown, will be getting a 223 ultra and a 338 ultra soon) - but Surefire will never see another cent from me.

Reactions: Lunchbox27
I was in the same boat and ended up going with Thunder Beast. Hope to have the transfer done in 8 months.

Also to echo craigos, Surefire is unreliable in there estimated wait times, Thunder Beast was on point.

I'd like to thank everyone that either voted, sent private messages or replied to this thread. I have decided to go with the Thunder Beast 338 Ultra. Now comes the fun part of playing the waiting game.

Reactions: HenryTheAce
Thanks we appreciate your business. Let us know what you think when you get it. We are proud of the 338 Ultra. It really is in a class all by itself.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
Owned 5 surefire cans....wouldn't buy anything else. They are great cans

I've handled and shot a few of the TBAC cans, their 338 is in my opinion a downright masterpiece. I don't really see a lot of equity all around with the SF can compared.

I've handled and shot a few of the TBAC cans, their 338 is in my opinion a downright masterpiece. I don't really see a lot of equity all around with the SF can compared.

Granted I've never messed with a TBAC, want to, but I just got my first Surefire, a 300 sps and I'm pretty impressed. I'm not going any farther than 700-800 yards. But I've got zero vertical shift and 1/2 mil horizontal. Good enough for me 🤷‍♂️

Good to hear, but typically a heavier can (I'm just assuming the SF is heavier than the TBAC 338) is more of a gamble in regard to barrel harmonics. If it works for you then fuck me, that's all that matters.

Good to hear, but typically a heavier can (I'm just assuming the SF is heavier than the TBAC 338) is more of a gamble in regard to barrel harmonics. If it works for you then fuck me, that's all that matters.

Could be the shorter thicker barrel. It's an 18" and I can't remember the profile but it's definitely not stock A.I.