• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Thunder Beast Dominus

Hunting a
Question, what role will your rifle serve? Hunting, comp, and/or play? Do you see yourself shooting a lot unsuppressed?

blbennett1288 and myself went with the A419 system because we are swapping between multiple rifles and wanted an effective brake for comps. @blbennett1288 enjoys the Dominus so much that I doubt he’ll run brakes in a comp again.
Hunting and play probably shoot mostly suppressed but occasionally unsuppressed and using it for different rifles

Atfter having a couple range trips with the Dominus and 338 Ultra, shooting 1 match with the Dominus and having another this weekend, I doubt I’ll ever run unsuppressed ever again. In which case the “brake” argument because a moot point.

In hindsight I would be happy with TBAC CB mounts as opposed to the Area419 adapters. As far as the SR, I don’t need the secondary retention capability, don’t want the extra weight or cost. Your mileage may vary.

Reactions: kthomas
Can someone post a pic of a dominus cb with a 419 hellfire mount installed. I am curious to see how it looks. Thanks
6DFEC624-C3D0-4E65-904C-374FBFD54FA9.jpeg

Here is my Dominus on my DTA Covert. Very impressed.

300 Whisper. 215 Bergers and Bullseye.

The target is 300 yards away.

The 5-25 is just there for load development. A 5-20 Ultra Short will replace it.

Well now I know what my next toy is going to be

Can the Dominus SR and 338 Ultra SR cans attach to the same mounts? I’ve got the 338 ultra SR on order for the AI and thinking of ordering a Dominus for a gas gun. Would be cool if the Dominus could also easily go on the AI with the 338 SR mount in the event I want something smaller on it. All are shooting 30cal or smaller projectiles.

Here is my Dominus on my DTA Covert. Very impressed.

300 Whisper. 215 Bergers and Bullseye.

The target is 300 yards away.

The 5-25 is just there for load development. A 5-20 Ultra Short will replace it.

Well. Damn... Wallet just got lighter.

Ive been reading about these for the past couple weeks. Ive never owned a suppressor. walked into my Local shop and sure enough they had both the SR and CB. the guy who runs the place has the SR and he couldnt stop talking it up (go figure). It was pretty clear to me which one I wanted just by looking and handling them. so now the wait begins!

i had to leave that day but I put money down on the Dominus CB. ill be back on friday to get my paperwork in and try to get a side by side picture of them both.

does anyone run the a419 system on their small frame AR? any limitations?

Looking at Armageddon gear covers for my soon to arrive Dominus. Running a bolt gun for hunting and target practice, just the standard mirage cover will suffice, correct?

The Armagedon added roughly 0.3" to my 7 making the overall OD 1.8". That would indicate to me that the overall OD on the Dominus would essentially be 2.1" (if I used Armagedon). I get just a hair of the top end of my can in my scope. Not enough to effect shooting but annoying. Been switching all my rings to mediums for that reason. Just trying to see if I should be buying highs...

Has anyone found a SR brake in Stock? I backordered some from Tbac but need some 5/8x24

@blbennett1288, are you running a mirage cover during your matches with the Dominus? If so, which and how much of the can show up in the scope? Or are you running high rings?

Thanks in advance
Yes, the Armageddon gear high temp cover. None of the can shows up in scope at 4 power. I am running 1.5” rings.

I have a regular temp Armageddon cover for a different suppressor and have had it for 3-4 years and the inside hasnt held up as well as I thought it would have. For the extra $10-15 I would go with the high temp.

Reactions: Bluegrassvw
Not as much as you think. They stopped doing the 223 ultras because the 6.5 cans metered just as well as the 223 cans

For bolt guns I run ultras. Dominus sr in jail for precision auto loaders.

It's been remarked several times that Ultras are recommended or preferred (over the Dominus) for bolt guns, but other than increased OD, is there another reason?

Reactions: Mrindecisive
Do we know how long the wait is ordering directly from TBAC to get a Dominus SR? Debating snagging a 100% off cert or waiting for mile high to get some more in stock

Do we know how long the wait is ordering directly from TBAC to get a Dominus SR? Debating snagging a 100% off cert or waiting for mile high to get some more in stock
Try giving mile high a call. I know they had some LE demo cans they are blowing out (if you don’t mind a can that’s been used). I know they had a dominus a few days ago. I was looking for the dominus k but they only had the SR I think. I ended up picking up an ultra 5 and a OSS 556k for a great deal.

Try giving mile high a call. I know they had some LE demo cans they are blowing out (if you don’t mind a can that’s been used). I know they had a dominus a few days ago. I was looking for the dominus k but they only had the SR I think. I ended up picking up an ultra 5 and a OSS 556k for a great deal.
Yeah I emailed them to see what the LE discount was on the SR they had in stock, and planned on calling after work but forgot. And when I remembered about 2 days later it was OOS. RIP me. But I will call and see about the demo cans

Reactions: JGunns
Hi, we got our accelerometer back so we can get data on that and post it soon.

The SR brake is not as good at pure braking without the can mounted vs the CB brake. On a 556 AR I can’t tell the difference though
Any updates on the data from the accelerometer

Anybody know the length of the Dominus-CB for the large portion of the can up to the step down part, I’m seeing overall length is 6.25” but how much of that is the smaller portion for the CB?

also if anyone has that same info for the Gen 2 Ultra 7 as well that’d be great

looking to get a couple coletac covers ordered

Anybody know the length of the Dominus-CB for the large portion of the can up to the step down part, I’m seeing overall length is 6.25” but how much of that is the smaller portion for the CB?

Coletac has their length already. They will make it to the correct length.

Excluding the step down? I don’t want the cover hanging over the step down.
I'm curious? Why not? It will prevent your cover from slipping off during recoil anyway. (Kinda like the AG suppressor cover)

In any case, the overall length includes the stepoff.

The smaller OD is roughly 0.5”, so it’ll be ~5.75”

Edit 0.5”

Last edited:
Reactions: HenryTheAce
I'm curious? Why not? It will prevent your cover from slipping off during recoil anyway. (Kinda like the AG suppressor cover)

In any case, the overall length includes the stepoff.
I’ll just tie the string chord around that little step-down lip

The new AG cover has another cord and cord lock thing on the rear of the cover for the sr to secure it. Maybe the cb cover is the same?