Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2017
The Edge of the Plate
www.Area419.com
this is what I did.

338SR and DominusSR

if only A419 would make a sidewinder adapter for the SRs
Don't hold your breath on a SR/Hellfire mount. As a rule we don't want to make mounts that latch into ratchet/QD systems. The stacking can get a little funky, and we also see a reduced utility. The SR seems to be a really terrific mount system, and was designed for hard-use like full-auto. Stacking one of our mounts into that system wouldn't be ideal, as out mounts aren't ideal for the situations the SR was designed for.

If you want to use our mount system, the Dominus CB is the right play - and a sweet can. I'm going to have to get myself one at some point!

Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
  • Feb 15, 2017
    Kansas
    I went the opposite direction, 338Ultra and Dominus CB, because Area419 makes sidewinder and hellfire adapters adapters and I didn’t want to be handicapped
    to the TBAC SR brakes.
    I just changed my order from a SR to the CB Dominus yesterday. Now I am considering canceling the 1/2"x28 brake and going with the Area419 Hellfire system. I already have 2 Hellfires and would need 3 more adapters to swap the Dominus between several rifles. Also have a 30P-1 that I am considering the recore. I could slap an adapter on my Harvester and be set. Getting a serial number assigned next month. (Buying with a cert)

Reactions: flyer1a

DarinC

Private
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Jan 7, 2018
    Daaaaaaaang. No wonder the wait is lo long for us mortal, or “poors ” as some would say 😆

I’m just happy the wait time Has decreased since I ordered. Was next June when I ordered and is down to Feb now. I’ve waited this long in life for it, what’s a few more months.

Reactions: 260284