• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Thunder Beast Dominus

Just changing endcaps is a gimmick.

By this do you mean the cal end caps or the flash hider end caps? Because my understanding is that the flash hider end caps actually decrease flash very significantly in testing. Or are you saying with proper suppressor design even that isn't true?

Any chance you will work on building the Ultra suppressors you have back ordered? Or will this push orders back 8 more months after you take all the orders for the new stuff?

Ok then why does my order keep getting moved back? I’m at 3 months past my “projected” date, and 8 months from my order date. I get that they are built to order, but why does my date keep moving back every time I check it?

Ok then why does my order keep getting moved back? I’m at 3 months past my “projected” date, and 8 months from my order date. I get that they are built to order, but why does my date keep moving back every time I check it?

ultra 7’s are in stock at mile high

Hi msstate56,

If you contact me privately with an order #, I can look into it.

ETA's can change due to a change in the rolling-average production rate. The production rate does have some variability due to different mix of products vs. the window used for the rolling average (eg, making a bunch of 22TD's vs 338's), as well as shop delays, training overhead, holidays, etc. If I look at orders from about the Oct timeframe (just as an example), the predicted window vs the original window has both contracted about two weeks and then expanded about 3 weeks. Bottom line, it's variable and at any given time, it's our "best guess". Sometimes that's earlier, sometimes later. We stick very strictly to the queue order.

Reactions: DIBBS and jetmd
Hi msstate56,

If you contact me privately with an order #, I can look into it.

ETA's can change due to a change in the rolling-average production rate. The production rate does have some variability due to different mix of products vs. the window used for the rolling average (eg, making a bunch of 22TD's vs 338's), as well as shop delays, training overhead, holidays, etc. If I look at orders from about the Oct timeframe (just as an example), the predicted window vs the original window has both contracted about two weeks and then expanded about 3 weeks. Bottom line, it's variable and at any given time, it's our "best guess". Sometimes that's earlier, sometimes later. We stick very strictly to the queue order.

For some reason I’m unable to start a conversation with you. Can you PM me please?

do the Flash hiders erode like the muzzle brakes on the sr? Would it be faster to buy direct from you or a dealer like mile high?
It will probably be faster to order from MH.

With regard to the FH/brake comparison, the brake reduces suppressor wear considerably, and this Q&A is relevant,
Does the firing schedule change with a brake vs. flash hider
Yes. When using the SR brake, you get the full HU/FA rating. If you use the SR flash hider, this degrades to the "semi-auto only" rating. The reason is because the muzzle brake absorbs blast which makes a big difference during full-auto fire.
Unless you do a firing schedule as hard as SOCOM/SURG, you are not going to erode a brake, you can shoot 15000 rounds of normal 308 at bolt/semi speeds and it will still look like the one on the page with caption, "Reference image: SR brake after 15,000 rounds of .308"

Hope this answers your question

@Zak Smith thanks for all the awesome testing videos on your website! I love seeing the real tests and numbers.

Two questions:

1) Is there anything specific you can say about the ability of the DOMINUS-SR to mitigate gas blowback in a semi-auto platform? I tend to struggle a bit with blowback as I shoot left handed, so the ejection port is right in my face! I have a SiCo omega for reference, which is okay with a tuned AR but anything off the shelf is usually nasty in my face.

2) Does the DOMINUS-CB differ in any major way when compared directly to an Ultra-7? The reason I ask is, I already have a 6.5 Ultra-7 for my match rifle, which I use 100% for precision rifle shooting with a bolt gun. Other than the minor improvements (0.75" shorter, 2dB quieter), would there be any compelling reason - design or performance wise - that would sway people to choose the DOMINUS-CB over the Ultra series for precision rifle applications?

Thanks!!!

Reactions: Gtscotty
1. It has less backpressure than the Ultras. I'll see if I can get a number from the engineers. A few factors in the design contribute to less backpressure, although you will always see benefit from an adjustable gas block (and/or other tuning) if you want to optimize a suppressed gas gun for both less gas and minimal "shooter's ear" sound level.

2. Other than the "suppression per length added" metric, not really. Some of the minimum barrel lengths are a little different. Oh, and compared to a 6.5 U7, it might not be quieter (since the 6.5 specific U7 is a little quieter than a .30 cal U7). We'd have to meter both to see.

@Zak Smith thanks for all the awesome testing videos on your website! I love seeing the real tests and numbers.

Two questions:

1) Is there anything specific you can say about the ability of the DOMINUS-SR to mitigate gas blowback in a semi-auto platform? I tend to struggle a bit with blowback as I shoot left handed, so the ejection port is right in my face! I have a SiCo omega for reference, which is okay with a tuned AR but anything off the shelf is usually nasty in my face.

2) Does the DOMINUS-CB differ in any major way when compared directly to an Ultra-7? The reason I ask is, I already have a 6.5 Ultra-7 for my match rifle, which I use 100% for precision rifle shooting with a bolt gun. Other than the minor improvements (0.75" shorter, 2dB quieter), would there be any compelling reason - design or performance wise - that would sway people to choose the DOMINUS-CB over the Ultra series for precision rifle applications?

Thanks!!!

have you tried the radian raptor SD charge handle? It’s designed to prevent blow back

have you tried the radian raptor SD charge handle? It’s designed to prevent blow back

Thanks, I'll have to check that out. I currently use the Gemtech suppressed bolt carrier on my AR, which works relatively well with a SiCo Omega.

Just got the email. Did I miss the minimum barrel length?

Edit found it

A0E1F181-9CAB-4045-A753-7BA6FA945AC4.png

Last edited:
Reactions: kimbergoldmatch
Zak,
I have the Ultra 9 and is the new Dominos-cb going to be just as accurate? I can get sub 1/4 groups and have a little over 22000 rounds through it.

• Wow
Reactions: DIBBS
Curious why we got a link to the 2018 group buy in the email. I got all excited thinking you were running another one
I guess it just hasn’t fallen off the recent articles list. But you really shouldn’t toy with my emotions like that ?

@Zak Smith @TBACRAY how effective are the Ultra SR brakes when used as just a brake? I have an order for a 338 Ultra and Ultra 7 and contemplating switching to 338UltraSR and DOMINUS-SR. I had planned to use the Area419 system with the 338Ultra and Ultra7

It would be nice if this suppressor could double as a 9mm can as well...I would like to be able to use my blackout can on my PCC and pistols as well...

@Zak Smith @TBACRAY how effective are the Ultra SR brakes when used as just a brake? I have an order for a 338 Ultra and Ultra 7 and contemplating switching to 338UltraSR and DOMINUS-SR. I had planned to use the Area419 system with the 338Ultra and Ultra7
Its effective enough to self spot impacts from a 7 SS at 800 on an ~11lb rifle.

Reactions: blbennett1288
That .358 hole though.

I think do all cans are a joke jmo

I would not advocate a do-all can but one that is lightweight and compact that can perform 90% as well as a dedicated can for a few similarly sized calibers would be useful for guys who are not chasing the epitome of quiet, but just want to take the edge off of range days without purchasing several cans.

Reactions: deersniper
@Zak Smith

Same deal as last year - some are stocked and ready to ship?

What's easier? Call in to place an order, or send an email and wait until I'm in queue? Looking to use a 1/2 off cert.

Thanks.
New orders would be subject to our normal production queue; however, if anyone already has an order in our queue for a different can (and we have not yet Form'd it to them/their dealer), they can change it to a Dominus and keep their place in line (and pay the difference obviously). The full production batches wouldn't start until April.

So, I would expect some to be available at the larger dealers in late April or a little later, assuming they wanted to convert over some of their existing orders? If I were them, I would.

Disclaimer: Dates are estimates, etc, etc.

In terms of shooting with just the brake: SR < CB < BA (v2)

Wow, extremely impressive performance from both cans, especially the SR!

Rifle 10.3" 5.56
Mk318 ammo

The following photos were taken using a 1 second exposure, started from before the shot was taken and ending after the shot was completed. We do it this way because video can miss some of the flash. The long exposure shows all parts of the event and in many cases exaggerates the flash from the system.

First is a photo of just the SR Flash Hider, which is identical to the CB flash hider in the front design. This test unit was a .338 bore version and a smaller bore version would reduce flash slightly better.

FH-MK318-338FH.jpg

Here is the same DOMINUS-SR as we endurance tested in that video we posted (so it has some internal wear at this point)

Dominus-MK318.jpg

So the can has less flash/flame, however, there is some residual Ti sparking.

Would the TI sparking still be there if it hadn't been abused?

Not sure, we will test a new unit after SHOT. In the Ultras what we saw was that after they broke in and got fouled, a lot of it went away. This can was really thrashed by time we did flash testing on it. We have some additional ideas for reduction that will be tested also.

That's what I figured, I experienced the same thing as well. After the first few hundred rounds it went down to basically nothing.

Excited for your post-SHOT flash testing results!

With this new line of suppressors, are there plans for longer models with more db suppression, like an 8.25" Dominus with better suppression than the Ultra 9?

I’m a direct thread kinda guy, this will be my first foray into using the CB mounts...

Any issues running an adapter in the 5/8s mount to bush down to 1/2” threads?