• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Thunder Beast lead times...

Let me point out a couple things that might be under-appreciated about suppressor construction (and destruction). These are things that we've learned "the hard way", through specific experiments, other matter-of-course testing , or analyzing product failures. I alluded to these in the other thread, but let me elaborate a little bit.

First, in a centerfire rifle suppressor, if there is any play, even a very tiny bit of play, between baffles in the stack, the back-and-forth hammering effect will eventually damage the baffles to the extent that there can be more serious suppressor damage.

Second, in a suppressor that has two endcaps that screw into the tube and a bunch of baffles in the middle (ie, not a fully welded core welded to the rear end), two things follow: (1) the tube bears all the long-axis pull force, and (2) the threads that hold the exit endcap into the tube bear all that force also. In the Ultras for example if we omitted to weld the stack, it would lose over 50% of its long-axis strength, not even counting the thread strength issue. Now if you look at the construction of the 556 Take Down, which does come apart from the front, the size of the thread interface between the exit endcap and the tube is gigantic (and we have a torque spec, and it's pinned with a vernier pin setup to prevent the other issue).
So are you sure I can push a 338 bullet with 140gr of powder through the 338 ultra? 😂

Reactions: NorthWesterner
First, in a centerfire rifle suppressor, if there is any play, even a very tiny bit of play, between baffles in the stack, the back-and-forth hammering effect will eventually damage the baffles to the extent that there can be more serious suppressor damage.

Interesting. There is no play in either of mine, but if the baffles should start getting damaged I will see when I clean them. Replacing is simple.

Edit: NorthWesterner, you posted a :ROFLMAO: on the above, as if there were something humorous or preposterous about what I said. There wasn't. Banish recommends frequent cleaning and that is what I do. I can assure you that if any "damage" starts showing up on my baffles I will see it long before it can lead to "more serious suppressor damage."

Here is what my baffles look like after a cleaning:

Last edited:
  • Haha

Interesting. There is no play in either of mine, but if the baffles should start getting damaged I will see when I clean them. Replacing is simple.

Edit: NorthWesterner, you posted a :ROFLMAO: on the above, as if there were something humorous or preposterous about what I said. There wasn't. Banish recommends frequent cleaning and that is what I do. I can assure you that if any "damage" starts showing up on my baffles I will see it long before it can lead to "more serious suppressor damage."

To be honest, damn near everything you say is humorous. This is now the second thread you have hijacked touting how awesome your banish can is. You consistently spout BS claims about how TBAC is of lesser quality due to construction, accuracy, mounting solution, etc. Referencing your highly calibrated ear, saying you can’t hear the difference between specific designs. Bashing TBAC for some BS claim their warrenty isn’t as good....the list goes on. You are arguing with some of the most experienced, educated minds in the industry. Acting like a know it all without background expertise just makes you look like a clown. The irony is you don’t even realize it. Most of the knowledgeable folks have checked out from responding to you due to these factors. Don’t expect a huge drawn out argument from me in response to your reaction to this post. I just simply don’t have the time or energy to partake in more illogical conversation about your can or it’s construction. That is all, thanks.

To be honest, damn near everything you say is humorous. This is now the second thread you have hijacked touting how awesome your banish can is. You consistently spout BS claims about how TBAC is of lesser quality due to construction, accuracy, mounting solution, etc. Referencing your highly calibrated ear, saying you can’t hear the difference between specific designs. Bashing TBAC for some BS claim their warrenty isn’t as good....the list goes on. You are arguing with some of the most experienced, educated minds in the industry. Acting like a know it all without background expertise just makes you look like a clown. The irony is you don’t even realize it. Most of the knowledgeable folks have checked out from responding to you due to these factors. Don’t expect a huge drawn out argument from me in response to your reaction to this post. I just simply don’t have the time or energy to partake in more illogical conversation about your can or it’s construction. That is all, thanks.

The only thing he’s given me besides some laughs, is a lack of interest in Silencer Central because of his shilling/shitting.

The OP asked, "what other suppressors should I be looking at that are comparable to the ultra 7” in performance, weight, length, and price?"

And I told him about one I think he should be looking at, and why.

Are you irascible crybabies going to throw fits and heap derision like this every time I suggest some inquirer look at Banish suppressors? It is you who are out of line, not me.

• Haha
and of course I lube them with silicone grease, which is still there and relatively clean when I unscrew. Fantastic system.

I just finished reading this thread, and EnXCess proves the axiom that “You don’t know what you don’t know.” I just wish his daddy could unscrew his mama, so we wouldn’t have to listen to this BS a third time.

The OP asked, "what other suppressors should I be looking at that are comparable to the ultra 7” in performance, weight, length, and price?"

And I told him about one I think he should be looking at, and why.

Are you irascible crybabies going to throw fits and heap derision like this every time I suggest some inquirer look at Banish suppressors? It is you who are out of line, not me.

Now, now, please show us where on the doll the TBAC touched you........

C055C8A9-644A-44DB-9D51-77D9443256EE.jpeg

I have say, there wasn't really allowance made for any other reccomendations other than TBAC and I think Enxcess is not wrong for reccomending an alternative. Does he think Bannish is as good? Are they? Are they better? Totally worth debating. And perhaps heatedly. But I don't think he's wrong for believing in his opinion. I mean.. I'll never consider an alternative to TBAC... but other people might should. IDK. And he is on point reccomending an alternative. Let's not assassinate him.

But to the OP.... just wait and/ or shop for an Ultra 7. Can't go wrong doing so....

It's not that he/she recommends an alternate product, it's the way he/she goes about it. And the lack of any other experience with any other cans really doesn't bolster his/her arguments. He/she won't even respond to what other cans he/she owns which clearly means no other cans than the one he's/she's married to. You could easily apply your statement to his/her comments as well. And completely blowing off industry experts who actually build/test/sell suppressors is telling that he/she is more interested in trolling than debating or discussing. And that only serves to embolden others to come and shit on him/her instead of engaging in debate.

I can't/won't debate him/her as I have zero experience with the Banish can. But I can highly recommend the TBac because I have experience with them.

Honestly, he/she came in her with the intent to derail this thread and sell reenforce his/her decision to buy his/her Banish can and most of us can see he/she for who he/she really is.

To be fair to reubenski , especially if it is who I think it is , I'm pretty sure there is a fair amount of military sarcasm in his post .

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
It's not that he/she recommends an alternate product, it's the way he/she goes about it. And the lack of any other experience with any other cans really doesn't bolster his/her arguments. He/she won't even respond to what other cans he/she owns which clearly means no other cans than the one he's/she's married to. You could easily apply your statement to his/her comments as well. And completely blowing off industry experts who actually build/test/sell suppressors is telling that he/she is more interested in trolling than debating or discussing. And that only serves to embolden others to come and shit on him/her instead of engaging in debate.

I can't/won't debate him/her as I have zero experience with the Banish can. But I can highly recommend the TBac because I have experience with them.

Honestly, he/she came in her with the intent to derail this thread and sell reenforce his/her decision to buy his/her Banish can and most of us can see he/she for who he/she really is.

All I did was recommend the OP, who asked about alternatives, consider getting my favorite - the Banish, and tell him why, in my opinion it is the best suppressor on the market for some applications. What "derailed" the thread was certain people here again throwing a hissy-fit because I had the audacity to do that, as if only certain brands have the right to be discussed here.

I have said about 10 times that I've owned a Banish 223 for a couple of years, a YHM sealed can for several years, and recently got a Banish 30. I also have several friends with suppressors of various makes and models and have spent hundreds of hours on the range with them, shooting those cans on various rifles.

And who cares if I were new to cans -- where is the proof that sealed cans are more accurate, as claimed by TBAC? I posted a target with 4 consecutive 5-shots groups shot at 100 yards with my Banish 223 that averaged .284". How did I manage that if my Banish is not incredibly accurate? Where is the proof that any other suppressor can shoot that accurately, much less "more accurately?" And how much "experience" does one need to know that a modular design, enabling the user to have a 7" suppressor or a 9" suppressor, all in one, is a very useful feature?

So yes, I "completely blow off industry experts who actually build/test/sell suppressors" when they make up unfounded, speculative criticisms of the Banish design in order to eliminate their competition. Like saying all that disassembly to clean the Banish is going to "wear the threads out." Or that the removable baffles will have play, bang around and damage the tube. Silencer Central/Dakota Silencer has been making the Banish (fka Varminter) line with removable baffles for something like 15 years, has thousands of them out there in use and I have not heard a single report of the threads wearing out or the baffles coming loose.

"Repeatability?" I can unscrew my Banish off and back on after every shot and not change my POI at all.

And calling me a "shill?" I've never even met anybody at Silencer Central. Frankly, I think it was stupid of them to change their name from Dakota Silencer, and for years their website sucked (they did improve it recently). But they make one hell of great suppressor, if you are content with a slow rate of fire (no more than one shot per minute for extended sessions) and what is most important to you is accuracy, with high rates of fire and the added "strength" of a fully welded can being a secondary consideration.

All I did was recommend the OP, who asked about alternatives, consider getting my favorite - the Banish, and tell him why, in my opinion it is the best suppressor on the market for some applications. What "derailed" the thread was certain people here again throwing a hissy-fit because I had the audacity to do that, as if only certain brands have the right to be discussed here.

I have said about 10 times that I've owned a Banish 223 for a couple of years, a YHM sealed can for several years, and recently got a Banish 30. I also have several friends with suppressors of various makes and models and have spent hundreds of hours on the range with them, shooting those cans on various rifles.

And who cares if I were new to cans -- where is the proof that sealed cans are more accurate, as claimed by TBAC? I posted a target with 4 consecutive 5-shots groups shot at 100 yards with my Banish 223 that averaged .284". How did I manage that if my Banish is not incredibly accurate? Where is the proof that any other suppressor can shoot that accurately, much less "more accurately?" And how much "experience" does one need to know that a modular design, enabling the user to have a 7" suppressor or a 9" suppressor, all in one, is a very useful feature?

So yes, I "completely blow off industry experts who actually build/test/sell suppressors" when they make up unfounded, speculative criticisms of the Banish design in order to eliminate their competition. Like saying all that disassembly to clean the Banish is going to "wear the threads out." Or that the removable baffles will have play, bang around and damage the tube. Silencer Central/Dakota Silencer has been making the Banish (fka Varminter) line with removable baffles for something like 15 years, has thousands of them out there in use and I have not heard a single report of the threads wearing out or the baffles coming loose.

"Repeatability?" I can unscrew my Banish off and back on after every shot and not change my POI at all.

And calling me a "shill?" I've never even met anybody at Silencer Central. Frankly, I think it was stupid of them to change their name from Dakota Silencer, and for years their website sucked (they did improve it recently). But they make one hell of great suppressor, if you are content with a slow rate of fire (no more than one shot per minute for extended sessions) and what is most important to you is accuracy, with high rates of fire and the added "strength" of a fully welded can being a secondary consideration.

You should listen to MDS #19 to hear what professional Marine Scout Snipers have to say about the individuals from TBAC you're dismissing. To say you're missing the opportunity to learn something is putting it mildly.

You're welcome to your opinion but I've owned silencers for more than 20 years (to include user serviceable centerfire) and my experience is contradictory to your statements.

I love how all forums are basically the same ... get whatever you want try it out and if you love it great if you hate it then bitch about it but try it .... also silencer central doesn’t have a .338 so TBAC 338 Ultra SR here I come

You should listen to MDS #19 to hear what professional Marine Scout Snipers have to say about the individuals from TBAC you're dismissing. To say you're missing the opportunity to learn something is putting it mildly.

You're welcome to your opinion but I've owned silencers for more than 20 years (to include user serviceable centerfire) and my experience is contradictory to your statements.

I am sure the guys at TBAC are great guys making great suppressors. Theirs just aren't the best for what I am doing, which is trying to shoot with extreme precision.

Correct, having owned one sealed suppressor I do not need to own every one made to know that I don't want any more sealed suppressors.

I think you have made your recommendation. It was not warmly received, and many here in this thread prefer TBAC's. Everyone has said their piece, let's not turn this into a reason for me to have to get involved.

And no, I'm not biased, in fact, I have a Banisher can. It isn't what these folk prefer. Suppressors are like religion, people tend to go with what they know and trust. Let it go...

I have say, there wasn't really allowance made for any other reccomendations other than TBAC and I think Enxcess is not wrong for reccomending an alternative. Does he think Bannish is as good? Are they? Are they better? Totally worth debating. And perhaps heatedly. But I don't think he's wrong for believing in his opinion. I mean.. I'll never consider an alternative to TBAC... but other people might should. IDK. And he is on point reccomending an alternative. Let's not assassinate him.

But to the OP.... just wait and/ or shop for an Ultra 7. Can't go wrong doing so....
I think what set everyone of in this thread (or was it the other, can’t remember)was his claim that a can with just a few rounds on it must be cleaned or precision goes away. A ridiculous claim of course.

Quite possibly. I know with a Varminter 3.0 (pre-Banisher, but essentially the same design), accuracy was never an issue, even with 300+ rds through it.

Now taking it apart (without a baffle jack at the time) to clean it, was a whole 'nuther story! LOL! A lot of swearing was involved. 😂 😂 😂

Quite possibly. I know with a Varminter 3.0 (pre-Banisher, but essentially the same design), accuracy was never an issue, even with 300+ rds through it.

Now taking it apart (without a baffle jack at the time) to clean it, was a whole 'nuther story! LOL! A lot of swearing was involved. 😂 😂 😂

I say mine is a "Banish 223" but it is actually a Varminter 4.0 223, but the only difference is the name. I don't know, but I would bet Silencer Central/Dakota Silencer got trademark objections from someone and rather than risk a court battle they just changed the name.

They sell a baffle jack for $50 or so but I do not recommend them. So long as I put a light coat of silicone grease on the outside of my baffles/inside of my tube, I can easily push the baffles out with a chop stick. Sometimes shooting prairie dogs I will go many hundreds of rounds between cleanings, but so long as I put the silicone on the tube, my chop stick works fine. If I was going to go 2,000 rounds, I would expect I might need the jack.

I think what set everyone of in this thread (or was it the other, can’t remember)was his claim that a can with just a few rounds on it must be cleaned or precision goes away. A ridiculous claim of course.

Funny, while people frequently disagree on all kinds of things on these forums, you usually don't see such childish panty-bunching over someone simply stating what their experience with their suppressors has been. I spend an awful lot of time doing precision shooting, and have for several years, and I know when my suppressors shoot their best.

I would also note that no one has yet posted a target with four 5-shot groups in a row that averaged what mine did (.284). Shoot often enough and you will get a quarter-minute five-shot group, but then not be able to come close to that again for months. I shoot matches. Accuracy is not defined by what your rifle will sometimes do -- it is defined by what it will do for 20 consecutive shots or more.

Just sayin'.

Funny, while people frequently disagree on all kinds of things on these forums, you usually don't see such childish panty-bunching over someone simply stating what their experience with their suppressors has been. I spend an awful lot of time doing precision shooting, and have for several years, and I know when my suppressors shoot their best.

I would also note that no one has yet posted a target with four 5-shot groups in a row that averaged what mine did (.284). Shoot often enough and you will get a quarter-minute five-shot group, but then not be able to come close to that again for months. I shoot matches. Accuracy is not defined by what your rifle will sometimes do -- it is defined by what it will do for 20 consecutive shots or more.

Just sayin'.
Just saying real men don’t have to brag about the size of nothing.... you shot an agg of .284. Who gives a rats ass?! No one because what you write has no validity.

Oh just sayin’

Reactions: dollarrbill

News flash. ALL centerfire rifle cans that come apart are pieces of shit. Glad you’re happy with your turd though.

Just sayin'.
I’ll dig around when I get home and find the 5 targets in a row from my 6br through a Tbac 30p1. Average is sub .2” to say a sealed can can’t do that is retarded

And now he's a match shooter , ain't that special . Here's another hint , there are a whole lot of " match shooters " on this site who have been doing it for a whole lot longer than " several years " so don't feel so special .

Do you know what pictures of groups on the internet are worth , exactly jack shit . There is nothing in a picture of a piece of paper with holes in it to say where , when , how much time between , and how far those holes were poked in the paper from or with what .

Bust out the video camera and put up or shut up .

Ordered mine from West TN tactical solutions and they are sending to GT distributors.

"Disassembling a centerfire, rifle caliber silencer is completely unnecessary. Anyone who says otherwise is trying to sell you a lesser quality silencer of their own."
-- Q

"Completely unnecessary" until someone gets a little carried away with their rate of fire and cooks the first baffle in their lightweight can. How easy and cheap is it to replace that baffle in a sealed can?

Or you let your suppressor work loose and get a baffle strike? Ever hear of that? Of course you have -- it is quite common. If someone does that with a Banish it is usually an easy and cheap fix.

I am not required to ever disassemble my Banish just because I can. It would be kind of dumb to not take advantage of the ability to disassemble and clean, IN MY OPINION, but I could go that route if I wanted to.

I like having the option.

What irks me the implication in your statement, and in many other people's here, that if a suppressor can be disassembed, like Banish or SilencerCo, that it is somehow "a lesser quality." It is just BS by salesmen and their shills.

"Completely unnecessary" until someone gets a little carried away with their rate of fire and cooks the first baffle in their lightweight can. How easy and cheap is it to replace that baffle in a sealed can?

Or you let your suppressor work loose and get a baffle strike? Ever hear of that? Of course you have -- it is quite common. If someone does that with a Banish it is usually an easy and cheap fix.

I am not required to ever disassemble my Banish just because I can. It would be kind of dumb to not take advantage of the ability to disassemble and clean, IN MY OPINION, but I could go that route if I wanted to.

I like having the option.

What irks me the implication in your statement, and in many other people's here, that if a suppressor can be disassembed, like Banish or SilencerCo, that it is somehow "a lesser quality." It is just BS by salesmen and their shills.
This thread is about Thunderbeast lead times. Let's stay on topic...

tenor.gif

I just had an epiphany..........tell me I'm all wet, but couldn't "Banish" be considered "short" for "banishment" ?

I mean, "Banish" is right in between "ban" and "banishment", is it not ? :unsure: :ROFLMAO::eek:

Lol. Maybe. But I have a Banish/Varminter 4.0 as well, so... 😳😳😳

Seriously though, let's just get this thread back on topic, and let the disagreements age out...

Actually, I can make a meaningful contribution. I have a TBAC .22 Takedown and love it. Easy to clean. Got it from one of the commercial sponsors here that had it in stock at the time and, who coincidentally, has a brother.....

So good I have two. :geek:

When I picked up the new one, I wanted to test it out. When I took the old one off and put the new one on, there was no change in the POI. On a V22 for reference.

Reactions: Threadcutter308
I need to place an order for an Ultra 9. I have a 50% cert from a 3rd place finish at a Border Wars match. Just need to wait for a paycheck in which I'm not dumping shovel-fulls of money on rimfires to place an order. Don't care what the wait time is, it's gonna be mine.....

Its a good thing you shoot with a guy that runs the NFA stuff at the local indoor range.

Why are we feeding this troll in the middle of a legit thread? I ignored him almost immediately .... and now I’m watching people argue with themselves.

I treat the internet like a trip to town... if I see retards, I avoid them....and I surely don’t TRY to discuss anything requiring logic or coherent thought with them.

Anyways, I’m finally jumping into this suppressed world...and on the list for a 338 Ultra SR. :D