• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors thunder beast or surefire

kcshooter308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2009
Kansas City
I got my rifle from ga precision and had a surefire 308 break on it. After further research surefire cans are very expensive. I was thinking about have the break taken off and just getting a screw on like a thunder beast that costs about half as much. I'm looking for some opinions on if taking the break off is a good idea or to just suck it up and shell out the 2000 for the surefire can.

Re: thunder beast or surefire

You can get a Surefire 762 can for cheaper than $2000, look in the group buy section.

They are both really good suppressors. If you have a buch of different rifles with different thread patterns and shoot rapidly a lot. the surefire may have an edge.

For a single bolt gun or five the TBAC has an edge for both price and accuracy.

Just my opinion.

I have a .223 and 308 surefire can. I love them both, having a few different rifles they can go on, the quick change is SO nice. I use a gunslinger pack to hall my rifles around in, and I don't carry them in the pack with the can on so they fit better. It is nice to be able to pull the rifle out of the pack and slide it on, give a quarter twist and I am gtg.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kcshooter308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got my rifle from ga precision and had a surefire 308 break on it. After further research surefire cans are very expensive. I was thinking about have the break taken off and just getting a screw on like a thunder beast that costs about half as much. I'm looking for some opinions on if taking the break off is a good idea or to just suck it up and shell out the 2000 for the surefire can. </div></div>

You should look into the Thunder Beast 30BA
Also the AAC 7.62 SDN-6 (I have several in stock)
The YHM 7.62 is also an affordable suppressor

Surefire makes some nice stuff but I don't think they are worth the MSRP, if you can get a deal on one, sure. You got two damn good brands to choose from so you are on the right path.

I went with a 30P-1 as my .30 cal can but have used the Gemtech G5 on a 5.56, their QD system is nice.