• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2012 Schedule

Re: Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2012 Schedule

Breeze, am living in columbus and new to this forum. looking forward to shooting @ TVP. never been, but heard good things. i should have alot more time to shoot this year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lonmower</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looking for someone going to TVP this weekend (1/14/2012). need to send something to tom. can't go myself, previous engagement. if u can deliver an item to tom for me plz let me know. shoot me a pm to let me know. </div></div>
I could get whatever you have to TVP, but I'm an hour or so East of Columbus. If I can help let me know.

well i got .338 lm loaded and 6.5 creedmoor and 6.5x55, and .308 win. and and 2 boxes of zombie max 7.62x39 for the AK so i think i am ready for saturday.

Thx! I am on west side of Columbus. Appreciate the offer. Might have send it by mail if no one close 2 Hilliard/ Arlington area. Thx anyway!

hey lonmower i am over on the northeast side maybe we can hook up tomorrow or friday and i can take your package to tom.

Have fun guys. I'm thinking I'll skip this one.

Okay I'll try to have fun without ya

I think I'm going to be zero'n tomorrow morning at the personal range for tomorrow. That way I can freeze for about 5 min vs. all day :-D..

awwww a little snow ain't gonna hurt ya lol !!!!!!
see you guys tomorrow.

See you guys down there, hopefully the wind forecast stays true and it wont be too shabby. Hoping to get dope on the 338 out to 1800 or so, this will be her first real test.

Savage338lapua, what bullets are you shooting and what velocity?

Ah nice! My Shilen barrel must have helped a bit with velocity as well, Im getting 2800 with 300 Scenars with 91.5 H1000 (same rifle). Will be interesting to compare the two rifles out to distance.

Hey Breeze, I miss ya man! I shot with you at a couple matches a while back.
Hopefully my life changes and a bit and I start pulling triggers again. I'ld like to get back down there. I'll watch the thread.

ey sounds good jona i made my first cold bore 1st round hit with mine at 1200 yards. bringing 3 more rifles too.

hey breeze i'm bringing the coot to get to some of the other shooting positions - no walking or sliding around in pickup trucks. hehehehehe.

PA303989.jpg

PA304003.jpg

I'll be there tomorrow with my son. He's promised to brave the elements with me, and, yes, I hope the forecast winds for tomorrow are correct too. (so far every time I've been there it's been the coldest day in the last 3 weeks.)

This is his last chance to do this for a while as he ships out for recruit training at Great Lakes the end of Feb.

How did tom do with the 300 hulk this year.Read about it last year and it got my brain working witch doesn't happen to much.sometime this year soon i am going to get a hold of him to build me one. So i was wondering how he did with it.

Rottenron

Give Tom a call(740.502.6530) he'll tell you all about it, we're getting ready to start building mine.
grin.gif

Woke up with sinus infection/sore throat.... staying home taking every drug known to man to get better before SHOT...
sick.gif

Thanks a lot breeze,I will be given tom a call soon.

Wade - all you missed was freezing cold and wicked winds.

Thanks to all for helping spot for my son. It took a little while, but he did get a hit at 1000.

Skivy, thanks for spotting while we were freezing.

Skivy,was it alittle chilly ? LOL

Skivy isn't a fair weather shooter? I went out 2 years ago in Jan and is was so cold the targets were breaking when hit, had to call it off..

Topstrap

had a great time.we did'nt break any targets but nocked one down.alot of new faces and as usual all great people!!! it was so cold the dounuts froze.lol the only thing i was upset about was tom did'nt put my big billboard target back up.maybe next time... it sure feels good being back.i hope i can go the hole season without blowing my gun up again

You guys shouldve hung around another few hours, wind died down to about nothing around 2:00 I think it was. Gave me a good window to go up to 1st position to put a 2nd round hit on the 1165 with two in a row following that, plus a few hits on the 1650 when the snow died down enough to see it.

All in all a cold day but worth the trip to prepare for the ELR match in a month.

BTW Tom, sorry about the 938 target, those 300gn pills are tough on steel when its 20 deg out.

I know, I know. I could see it getting better while I was driving home.

You guys missed the crow that flew into a 308 round at about 800 yards while a shot was in flight to the 1K target.

savage338lapua, so that's the coot. i like it! maybe color change? perhaps, scarlet & grey? just kidding! wouldn't change a thing.

hey had a good time. any day at TVP is better than anything else.
i think everyone that showed up had a good time.
hey lon thats it lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooterken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry I missed all the fun, when is the next scheduled shoot?
</div></div>
Schedule is in the very first post of this thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PKT1106</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the website schedule updated for 2012? </div></div>

No...We are in the process of finding some one to manage/design the website.

So how about a show of hands for the 28th?

If the stock arrives and I can get the barrel nitrided I'm in.

Looks like 51 rounds max for this Saturday?

Been a while since I've had the 308 out at distance so it should be interesting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ncboiler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like 51 rounds max for this Saturday?

Been a while since I've had the 308 out at distance so it should be interesting. </div></div>

I am going to bring 100 rounds or so. Just in case we get some after match shooting in. It should be interesting for me also. Just got my new rig less than 4 weeks ago. New load to boot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dpreston</div><div class="ubbcode-body">me and a few friends are coming out </div></div>

I guess that means I'll be tagging along
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TCA4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">one of the first january shoots from a few years back

IMG_0971.jpg

Fun time in the cold that day </div></div>

How things have changed...that picture is lacking a bunch of something, not sure what it is......

Just stopped by to say hi and show a couple old pics.
You may see it as lacking a bunch of something, as it was taken before you ever went down.

I didn't Show those to start this as a pissing match, nor will I let it become one.

TC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TCA4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">one of the first january shoots from a few years back
Fun time in the cold that day </div></div>

Thanks for posting those. That was my first day. The weather sucked and I really didn't hit squat with my 3 gun AR15, but had a great time.

I'm planning on being there this weekend as I'm really itching to do some shooting and BSing.

What a great day that was. Really set the hook deep.

Have fun this Saturday guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TCA4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just stopped by to say hi and show a couple old pics.
You may see it as lacking a bunch of something, as it was taken before you ever went down.

I didn't Show those to start this as a pissing match, nor will I let it become one.

TC </div></div>

Not sure what you thought I meant...I was talking about suppressors, not a single one in that picture

You'll see my ugly mug this weekend along with 3 other guys. Even sounds like it may be a bit warmer than last month.

See you there,
Merritt