• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2012 Schedule

Re: Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2012 Schedule

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bunsen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will be leaving tomorrow for the May 20th Combo match. First time to Thunder Valley really looking forward to it. Exactly how bad are the tick's I keep hearing about? </div></div>
I shoot there all the time, have never been bit yet. I have had them on me, but never bit. Bring some deet and you are fine, long pants too. You should shoot the head hunter too, it is fun and very challenging.

I was there 2 weeks ago for the Head Hunter and they were bad. Nobody got bit that I know of but I even got one on me after damn near taking a bath in bug spray(with deet) before going out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> june dates?... i have a buddy flyin in from NYC to shoot....</div></div>

yo...... anything? </div></div>

I'd be in for an Intimidator match on the 3rd or 10th or BOTH
grin.gif

I'll be up both days this weekend. Weather looks great. See you all there!

Matt

No stories yet? It was an awfully nice weekend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skigolfmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was hot, there were lots of peoples and I am cooked. </div></div>
And I still managed to have a good time.

Had a great time today, I am however well done. I almost felt like I was back in the coastal plains of NC, but at least it was a dry heat
laugh.gif

Tom as always you were a great host and made us feel welcome. I had been wanting to shoot the Head Hunter and I was not dissapointed. The way it is all layed out is brilliant! You really have a fantastic facility. Hope a couple of us can come to a training day before the year is out.

Good to see Gary again and talk some IHMSA, and long range pistol stuff.

Already looking forward to my next trip.....when its cooler
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skigolfmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The sun was brutal though. </div></div>

Geez, you guys are weenies!!
laugh.gif

Just wait until July!!

Had a great day at TVP yesterday. It was nice to meet some new people and see a couple familiar faces. Got a little burned on my shoulders but thats okay. The heat beats down pours and extreme wind any day.

Wade, what's on the schedule for Saturday, June 2?

-Bryan

The Schedule will be updated next week
Thanks

We had a great time shooting the Intimidator today. It was hot but, the wind was suprisingly light. Great group of guys showed up with some from Wisconsin, Indiana, Kentucky, Pennsylvania and Ohio. New course record was set today at 150. 14 first round hits and 2 second round hits. The score rundown is as follows and listed as todays shooting order:

Jeff - 57
Jim - 150
Ed - 122
Bob - 59
Dan - 97
Bill - 104
Jeff - 56
Dustin - 26
Dan - 92
Steve - 115
Cory - 64
Lon - 59
Matt - 69
Jim - 60

I'm looking forward to some Sunday Intimidator matches in June!

Congratulations on that score of 150 and new range record, Jim. That used to be a $250 reward, but don't know if it still applies .....

A great shoot for sure, maybe a little laid back this time with no time limit, and corrections being called out by
the score keeper at times. Took a little pressure off the folks while shooting in the heat making it a fun shoot in the heat of things.

Thanks Thunder Valley Precision for offering a great place to shoot.

Congrats Jim. That was some tough shooting. Lots of heat! Well if he gets any money he should give it to me. Since big Jim hurt my feelings about my "gay" rifle. Lol. Just kidding.

Out of curiousity, what caliber was the new record shot with?

Congrats Jim, That is no easy task at TVP.

yes, crazy hot!! gr8 time with good people. looking forward to next match when i'll be using my new rifle. man, i took a lot of crap for that!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m14er</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Out of curiousity, what caliber was the new record shot with?
</div></div>

It was shot with a Ghey 260
laugh.gif
Just kidding!! (sorry Cory)

It was actually shot with a 300 NM 40° Improved. Shooting Berger 230 OTM's over N570.

$250 will go toward new 2nd taget on position 4 of intimidator??? Lol. just kidding, Jim!!

Hey I have pictures from the score of the head hunter if anyone wants those up too.

Another good day Sunday. Good to meet some new people and shot with some good guys the whole weekend.

I wish I could have made it. I had my daughter's and nephew's graduations to attend and a grad party to help run.

I will be there next weekend though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kentucky Jelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any word on what is going on this weekend? </div></div>

There are a couple of multigun matches going on in central Ohio if anyone is interested
grin.gif
. One is in Jelloway on Saturday and one in Circleville on Sunday.

yea, was wondering if there's gonna be any matches this weekend?

June
2nd - Open Range
3rd - Intimidator Pos 1 & ELR targets

<span style="color: #FF0000">MORE TO COME</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">June
3rd - Intimidator Pos 1 & ELR targets </div></div>

Wayde, what are the ELR distances going to be this Sunday? They've been removed from the first page.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tacshooter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey I have pictures from the score of the head hunter if anyone wants those up too.

Another good day Sunday. Good to meet some new people and shot with some good guys the whole weekend. </div></div>

Tac, can you post those? I can't give my brother hell if the results aren't posted!

TVP Head Hunter [shot backwards] May 27, 2012 Hot and Sunny 90 degrees mild wind
(x)=hit (-)=miss (b)=base plate miss
Ed - 14 [--x-b][xxxxx][-xxxx][xxx-x]
Bob - 10 [xx--x][xxx--][---xx][--xx-]
Steve - 4 [x----][x----][-----][x-x--]
Dan - 7 [-----][xx---][xx-b-][xx--x]
Dustin - 5 [----x][xxxb-][--xb-][-----]
Jeff - 12 [x--xx][x-xbx][xxxx-][-xx---]
Bill - 14 [-----][xxxxx][xxxx-][xxxxx]
Don - 15 [xx-bx][xxxxx][xx-x-][xxxx-]
John - 14 [--xxx][xxxxx][x-xx-][--xxx]
Bill #2 - 9 [--x-x][xbbx-][xxxb-][x-x--]
Jim - 14 [xxx-x][xxxxx][xx---][xxx--]
Matt - 12 [-----][xxxx-][-xxxx][xxx-x]
Steve - 9 [x-x--][xx-x-][x-x--][x-x--]
Jim - 8 [x--xx][xx-x-][-----][xx---]

If anyone wants their scores removed or Tom or Wayde don't want this up feel free to send a PM.

I know I just read in big bold letters more to come...
We are determining our schedule and trying to figure out how to fit it all in.
This no easy task to due to all we are involved in.
ONE thing is for sure though..we will be shooting just about every weekend.
I am personally responsible for the seasons schedule. It 100% my fault it is not up and posted yet. There are TWO new courses of fire being designed and built this month and a new paper group and score event.
As Wayde said in the previous post there will be more to come so please be patient. Once the schedule is set for the remainder of the year it will be posted promptly.

Thanks for your cooperation

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Once the schedule is set for the remainder of the year it will be posted promptly. </div></div>

Looking forward to see what you all have in the works. I'd like to run up at least a couple times this summer.

Great news! Looking forward to the open range day this Saturday.

<span style="font-size: 23pt"><span style="color: #CC0000">Schedule has been updated</span></span>

Thanks for posting the schedule Wayde. See you guys in July for a Sunday Intimidator.
frown.gif

Think I'll try to make the June 24th Head Hunter.

Thanks for getting the schedule hashed out and posted. I'm going to try to make the work day on the 10th. The 22 match looks interesting. Can you provide some info for the this match? What ranges will we be shooting, how many rounds, if it is limited to 22LR only, etc.

For now the 22 match will be restricted to 22LR.... 50 targets 2" to 8" , 50 yards to 200 with 10 bonus targets from 250 to 300 yards ,3 shots per target all 3 count for score if hit. 10 points from 50 to 200 yards and 20 points for anything over two hundred. Color coded.

Great, now I need an ELR rifle and a 22.