• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2012 Schedule

Re: Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2012 Schedule

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swoodz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"6.5x61 Super .....I think you're gonna have to get Alicia a rifle!!!"

"skigolfmike - Stan, I think you're gonna have to get Alicia something to shoot. She was having a great time shooting afterwards."

Yeah I think Im in trouble... When we got home she started showing me pics of purple ACU cammo AR's and Louis Vuitton print pistols.
shocked.gif
</div></div>

....keeping THE TRADITION ALIVE......pass it on.....
cool.gif

,,,you could always purple duracoat your 6.8....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOPGuN050</div><div class="ubbcode-body">first stage video looks good man that little camera you had puts out a damn good picture haha. and btw thats some damn good exploding ground hogs you have on your channel lol. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">my</span> exploding hogs?.... didnt film as many this year... </div></div>

....not you man...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swoodz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah I think Im in trouble... When we got home she started showing me pics of purple ACU cammo AR's and Louis Vuitton print pistols.
shocked.gif
</div></div>

Yeah, I think that is gonna be one expensive trip to the range.
wink.gif

Are you gonna post the score sheet?

Intimidator, Station 2

.."only" took 5.4 hours to upload...
crazy.gif

..switch to 1080p for higher res....

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3imov6Bynmc"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3imov6Bynmc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skigolfmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swoodz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah I think Im in trouble... When we got home she started showing me pics of purple ACU cammo AR's and Louis Vuitton print pistols.
shocked.gif
</div></div>

Yeah, I think that is gonna be one expensive trip to the range.
wink.gif

Are you gonna post the score sheet? </div></div>

I'll post a pic of the score sheet tonight.

......after a 5.3 hour Upload

...switch to 1080p for higher res

Intimidator, Station 3

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wFJd7hZ7gxc"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wFJd7hZ7gxc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Intimidator, Station 4

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VYmlTTYEwHw"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VYmlTTYEwHw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<span style="font-size: 17pt"><span style="color: #990000">Thunder Valley Precision is now an authorized <span style="font-weight: bold">Vectronix's</span> Dealer and will be having a Demo Day on Thursday September 20th </span></span>

So come on out and join the fun

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sharp Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you going to be there? </div></div>

No I will not be there, I've been working 10hr days 7 days a week and don't see an end in sight.

Perfect! Does that mean you want me to pick one out for you? I know your going to need one for you elk hunt
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sharp Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Absolutely ............ Send me a blank check </div></div>

Well played

OK I've posted here a couple times about going to TVP and never made it. Last weekend I bought a reliable car (Honda Civic) to replace my 2000 Ford Exploder.

I got no excuses anymore!

This Sunday 9/23/2012 is an Open Range day and I'm determined to make it.

BUDDY

take clothes for hot and cool weather. take at least 200 rds of GOOD ammo. Pack a cooler with what you will need for the day! shooting mat, sandbags, ohh yea don't forget the weapon!...and look for the driveway with the badass sign! you will have a blast.!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SASSdriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BUDDY

take clothes for hot and cool weather. take at least 200 rds of GOOD ammo. Pack a cooler with what you will need for the day! shooting mat, sandbags, ohh yea don't forget the weapon!...and look for the driveway with the badass sign! you will have a blast.!!! </div></div>

Thanks for the info.

I plan on getting there at 0800 to confirm my zero.

Do we shoot steel or paper targets on an open range day?

You can call me Dave.

Is there another place to find details for the Fall Challenge or will that be posted here?

-Bryan

I'm gonna have to do some resceduling in the next couple of months, so I can come join the fun next season.

<span style="font-size: 23pt"><span style="color: #CC0000">Range is Closed tomorrow Sept.22
Sorry for the inconvenience </span></span>

Not looking good...Haven't been there this month, working.

So how long does Tom keep the range open in the Fall/Winter? Will there be any more events or open range days added to the scheduled for 2012?

With tvp closed, there is a sniper match at raniers range Sunday, 20$
30min south of tvp
200 to1000y

36 rounds I think. U can stay after the match and use the range as well.

closed on 22 ....and i just got my new scope and was looking to shoot my best1k group o well next time

As Wayde posted we are closed SATURDAY not SUNDAY
We are using Saturday as a range maintenance day to get ready for open range day on SUNDAY.
We have new steel to setup and our 200 to 1200 in 100 yard increment targets.

We are installation our new pistol range as well and it will allow more shooters
to participate at the same time.

The folks who typically participate in our long range paper match could not make it so we decided to use it to better our open range day event.

So with that said we are open SUNDAY as originally scheduled.

There would be nothing stopping you from doing that on Sunday.
You can shoot all the paper you want at 600 and 1000 yards and one mile.

Tom, looking at your steel, it looked like the bolts are welded to the plates...
that can make the bolts snap and be non replaceable..

next time u get new steel, you might want to keep that in mind...

Hey ring...that's not my steel...it's a customers that we were testing.
Our steel is tried and proven and has NO welds. The same ones we have been shooting for two years.

cool... will you be putting the 300 350 400 450 500 550 and so on plates back up, or was that temp?

Ring said:
Tom, looking at your steel, it looked like the bolts are welded to the plates...
that can make the bolts snap and be non replaceable..

next time u get new steel, you might want to keep that in mind...[/quote

If the bolts snap you replace the plate with a new one, and when you have time you grind out the old bolt and replace it with a new one... nothing is indestructable esp when you shoot at it

What a great first visit to TVP!

I've only shot my Rem 700 SPS Tactical out to 100 yards for the last two years. Today I started at 200 yards with no trouble. Then 300 and 400 yards without too much trouble. 400 yards took a little more time to nail. 500 yards was a little more difficult, but I was hitting it consistently by the time I left. I was changing my hold and not dialing in the scope because I don't fully understand it yet. I ran out of hold for the 600 yard plate but hit it once out of plain luck. Yes I'm a newbie.

Four hour round trip drive, 100 rounds of Fed Gold Medal Match 168gr ammo, and $30. <span style="font-weight: bold">It was well worth it </span>to shoot five times farther than I've ever shot before.

I'm going back and also getting some lessons to learn the basics.

Thanks Tom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ship Ahoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a great first visit to TVP!

I've only shot my Rem 700 SPS Tactical out to 100 yards for the last two years. Today I started at 200 yards with no trouble. Then 300 and 400 yards without too much trouble. 400 yards took a little more time to nail. 500 yards was a little more difficult, but I was hitting it consistently by the time I left. I was changing my hold and not dialing the in scope because I don't fully understand it yet. I ran out of hold for the 600 yard plate but hit it once out of plain luck. Yes I'm a newbie.

Four hour round trip drive, 100 rounds of Fed Gold Medal Match 168gr ammo, and $30. <span style="font-weight: bold">It was well worth it </span>to shoot five times farther than I've ever shot before.

I'm going back and also getting some lessons to learn the basics.

Thanks Tom.
</div></div> Thats probably THE best place there is to see what you and your rifle can do. That place and the knowledge I gained from Tom could never be replaced. There are other places out there where you can shoot as far and such but none with everything TVP offers. You can have a rifle built, tuned, get dope every 100yds and have a very top notch training on reloading but also shooting itself. You can shoot from different angles so the wind is NEVER a constant. I would bet everything I had that if you go there often your shooting skills will increase in a way they would have never been able to. It's truly a world class range. Good luck and enjoy.

One other thing, you outta try out the 168 AMAX or the 175SMK. The 168 SMK won't hold out for the ranges that TVP offers. I would think you would do much better swapping. Ask Tom, he will point you in the right direction

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobertB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One other thing, you outta try out the 168 AMAX or the 175SMK. The 168 SMK won't hold out for the ranges that TVP offers. I would think you would do much better swapping. Ask Tom, he will point you in the right direction</div></div>

178 amax. not 168... also, u NEED to start reloading....

Thanks to everyone who showed up yesterday.
I hope you enjoyed your day at TVP.
The largest ORD yet!
We thank you for your continued support.

Thanks for letting me "sample" the Terrapin Tom.

Amazing piece of kit!

BTW. It was me who tore down the 500 yd target with the 284. Sorry.

Not broke...bolt just came loose. 35 shooters shooting for 8 hours and not one target broke...or frame. Dang good for an open range day event.
500 yards seemed to be the favorite target...next to the 600.
They were completely grey when I went out to check things out afterwards.