• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Tier 1 Concealed users?......

powdahound76

Old tired dad
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2011
Denver CO
Looking for info on this holster set up. Specifically the AGIS if anyone has tried or used it much.

Appendix carry is working well for me, with my build and clothing.

I have looked and tried a Vedder with claw and a Longs Shadow without. The Vedder allows carry without changing pants size, though the position really rubs me and causes soreness. I can also carry with the Vedder with any one of my standard T-shirts untucked, which is my normal attire. Longs Shadow might be better with a claw, wasn't nearly as concealed as the Vedder.

Things that have me looking into the Tier 1. Comfort, reported to be more comfy as it doesn't sit quite as deep as the Vedder on the higher setting, works well with tucked in shirts, has clips that work on just pants or shorts, dont have to wear a belt to wear holster.

Just looking for any actual user info or feedback.

Also open to there ideas. I love leather and its hard to find for AIWB.

5 Shot Leather makes the original and best.

I carry Appendix and the holsters with claws and doodads just make shit *way* more complicated for me. I started with leather minimalist holsters and graduated to Kydex holsters with minimal extra stuff. I have settled on High Noon for all my carry needs:

https://www.highnoonholsters.com/

I prefer zero cant and use high ride or low ride depending on the gun and the pants/cover garments.

https://www.highnoonholsters.com/leather-holsters/iwb-holsters/lite-duty

I prefer leather but bought a High Noon Instinct Extreme Kydex for my Beretta Px4 SC 9mm and like it. Appendix Carry is simple and works best with minimal fancy shit IMO- It's just a step up from shoving the gun in yer belt under a shirt which has served lots of folks just well but does not secure the weapon very well if running/moving and doesn't protect the trigger.

I'm a minimalist with AIWB holsters.

VooDoo

SOB Tactical, the “condom holster “. Leather or Kydex and easily moved.
John “Shrek” McPhee designed it from experience as a Unit operator. Check em out.

5 Shot Leather makes the original and best.
Speaking of 5 Shot.. I have one of their original IWB holsters for my 1911. This was way back when he first started and people bitched because the design was like a Milt Sparks VM2.

I have an Agis for my G19 and it’s probably by far my most comfy appendix carry holster and I’m a husky dude too.

I don't have a tier1, but i know someone who does. He loves it. Says it's better than a t-rex sidecar.

OK from someone who actually has Tier 1 concealed experience, i love them, i have 3, 2 for my 19 one having a light and one without and one for my v9, i the spare mag carrier and the leather snaps allow it to contour to my gut, im not a chunky guy but its holiday time and in school so the gym has been on the back burner. i wouldnt think about twice about buying more of their stuff, also getting 2 OWB holsters from them soon

Thanks for the feedback and info on other companies to look at.

MatLeez,
Do you wear it regularly without a belt?
Thats me in the summer when its hot out, so why I like the idea of this rig.
I am a small guy, so this will be for my 43 which is all I can get away with in warm weather.

OK from someone who actually has Tier 1 concealed experience, i love them, i have 3, 2 for my 19 one having a light and one without and one for my v9, i the spare mag carrier and the leather snaps allow it to contour to my gut, im not a chunky guy but its holiday time and in school so the gym has been on the back burner. i wouldnt think about twice about buying more of their stuff, also getting 2 OWB holsters from them soon

With a 43 and pants that fit appropriately or shorts. I think that will be fine. I wear a belt 95%of the time. Depending on my pants it can be a bit loose without a belt. But that's with my vp9

I would get those clips that go to pants and dont require a belt they offer
Not sure which ones you have.

I have the standard clips. Like I said 95% of the time I have a belt on

For leather holsters the Kramer #2 in horsehide. I've had one for twenty plus years. It is designed as a strong side FBI cant but if you adjust the loops you can carry appendix very comfortably. https://www.kramerleather.com/collections/iwb-gun-holsters/products/iwb-2-holster

In Kydex the Garrett Silent Thunder is very good. I got this due to the recommendation of a member hear. Very well designed, leather lined and with a versatile clip design. I carry a G19 comfortably in the appendix position. if you have a seam on the waistband, I think the design of the clips would grab and hold the holster with relative security. https://www.giholsters.com/category-s/361.htm

I had to carry concealed on duty for decades. I realize that everyone has their own preferences, and as long as they work out for you, suggestions from other people (including myself) about what is good, better, best, is largely irrelevant.

Considerations I had for holsters:
1. Pants have to still fit comfortably. Having the center seam of trousers pulled way off to one side can be uncomfortable, especially when sitting.
2. Because I would sometimes have to fight/wrestle with people, I came to the conclusion that I need to be able to do forward roll, fall onto my back, and do yard work with the gun/holster in place without the gun/holster bothering me. If you fall onto a pistol placed over your kidney, you WILL remember the experience. Yard work is a good way to find out about whether something will bind up during activity...same for a forward roll.
3. Has to be comfortable sitting, getting into and out of a vehicle. Also, has to be reasonably accessible in all positions.
4. Has to conceal well enough that a casual glance doesn't give someone with ill intent an obvious area to target in their attempt to snatch the weapon.
5. Has to be sturdy enough so weapon retention drills don't tear the holster apart.

No holster will be perfect. A high security holster won't be as good as others for shooting in matches. Some will be really comfortable, but not very secure. There will always be some compromises, and everyone has to choose which parameters are most important, and on which they can give up a little ground.

None of the above is meant as a criticism of OP's choice or preference. It is posted for those who are considering various types of holsters. I found that just because a holster is really expensive and made by a famous company doesn't mean it will work all that well. I have found that there are many cheaper holsters that work really well. A really sturdy belt to go with a good holster will increase comfort and ease of draw quite a bit.

If you buy cheap junk, you will end up with cheap junk performance. Some newer holster makers who aren't big name makers yet, don't charge additional money for their name recognition, and offer excellent holsters.

I have a Tier 1 Agis and a TREX arms Sidecar. They're both great holsters. I love the idea carrying appendix and carrying a spare mag up front. In practice I find it a little irritating as the holster tends to rub the top of my pubic region in a not so pleasurable way. I can still wear them but I find I prefer an AIWB without a mag caddy. That being said, a lot of guys love them. I think Tier 1 is a top quality manufacturer and I have zero complaints about workmanship. If you're looking for that style of holster that's what I would get.

I carry a gun professionally so I'll wear the holster all day and have tried a ton of different models/styles etc. Appendix has a lot of advantages. One big draw back for me is shooting a carbine in the prone. If you're not planning on doing that.... then they rock.