• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tiger Valley 4 Man Tactical Match April 9-10

Insayn

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2008
DFW, Texas
Anyone participating?

<span style="font-style: italic"> "2 Day 4 Man Team Tactical Pride Match, to include 9 stages with carbine, shotgun, and pistol. Trophies will be awarded for the first through third place teams. All shooters must have both an AR type rifle and pistol with them for the match, along with a shotgun. This is a tactical match, not Super SWAT. That being said, it is also not a Palma match. You should have the ability to move several hundred yards through obstacles while shooting safely. What type of obstacles? If you can climb a chain link fence, wood fence and enter an attic stair way you should have no problem. This match will stress accuracy, and thinking through problems. You will be given a situation and told to solve it as quickly as you can. T-shirts for the match will be provided for those who order two weeks in advance. Lunch will be provided on Sunday along with the awards ceremony."</span>

Re: Tiger Valley 4 Man Tactical Match April 9-10

Not making that one, but if its anything like the 2 man team last weekend, it should be a blast.

Good luck to all who are attending.

I'll be there.

Usually a bit more physical than the 2 man matches, but always fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opalvom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, where is everyone?</div></div>

The cup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wade</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opalvom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, where is everyone?</div></div>

The cup. </div></div>

Yup,,,,The Cup

I think the Cup was the same weekend as the 4man last year too. There was still a good turnout though.

It kinda makes it hard having it 2 weeks after the 2 man match and the weekend before the Larue match and the same weekend of the CUP..

There are a lot of good matches this year.

I'll be there as a participant -- anyone get the stage descriptions yet?

Wife had to jet to cali so I can't make the cup. Anybody need A 4th for T.V.?

Match descriptions were sent out last night via email. FML

TIGER Valley Four-Man Team Match Spring 2011 Stages

General Rules
All weapons will be clear and safe when shooters are not on the line.

Unsafe weapons handling is a match DQ.

Handguns can be carried loaded but must remain holstered at all times. And handgun that falls from
its holster is a match DQ.

Weapons may not be discharged to clear them. This is a match DQ.

All Stages will carry a 10 minute maximum time.

Teams can use any piece of equipment they deem necessary to finish a stage. However, that equipment must be carried during all stages (ladders, halligan tools, rope, etc.).

Weapons are not considered equipment and therefore the team will only carry weapons necessary for each stage.

Teams must adhere to their shooting order for each stage.
Note: Some changes will happen before the match as to minor details to these stages

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage One – Mad Machinegunner</span>

On the start signal, the pre-positioned AR shooter must neutralize the bomber while the remaining three team members move to his position while under fire from the remote controlled paintball gun. If any of the three team members is hit by the paintball gun before reaching the end of the stage, the team will use the stokes basket to carry that team member through the rest of the stage. If multiple team members are hit, the first one to be hit will be the one carried. If the AR shooter neutralizes the machinegunner, the paintball gun stops shooting.

Once the entire team has traversed the barricade, the team will move into each bay and as a team solve the shooting problems presented. Teams can advance from bay to bay only when all targets in that bay are neutralized.
Bay One: machinegunner target
Bay Two: four banks of six pepper poppers that will be engaged with shotguns
Bay Three: four plate racks with six plates that must be engaged with pistols
Bay Four: four arrays of five clay pigeons that will be engaged with shotguns
Bay Five: eight larue targets at 100-140 yards

Safety: All shooters must clear weapons when moving from position to position

Total targets: One mad bomber, 24 shotgun poppers, 24 plates, 20 clay pigeons, 8 larue steel

Scoring: steel hits, clays downed

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage Two – Helo - Infil</span>

On the start signal, three team members will enter the helo and engage three steel targets at 200 yards. Remaining team member must move to the first shooting position. One shooter will engage paper target at 100 yards, covering the team as they move through the obstacle and to the next shooting
position. Teams cannot advance until one team member is engaging a target from that designated barricade shooting position (irish table, window traverse, roofline, 6 foot wall, 8 foot wall). Each paper target must be engaged with 10 rounds only.

Once the team has traversed the obstacle course (and designated shooting positions) two shooters must enter the bunker complex and engage steel mini-poppers in the 100 yard building.

Safety: All shooters must clear weapons between shooting stations
Total targets: three half steel targets, five paper, 24 mini-poppers
Scoring: steel hits, A-zone paper
Penalties: failure to negotiate obstacles: 60 seconds per obstacle per person

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage Three – Breaking Contact</span>

Shooters will engage pistol steel at distance. Team will then fall back to the 200 yard line where they will engage stationary and moving targets with 10 rounds (1 stationary and 9 movers). When the array disappears, the team will move to the 300 yard line where they will repeat the engagement. The team will then move to the 400 yard line and shoot the final array.

Safety: All weapons must be clear and on during all movement.
Total Targets: 8 steel, four stationary/movers.
Scoring: steel hits, A-zone movers

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage Four – Brick Factory</span>

Shooters will move from port to port in order engaging one of four targets with a maximum of five rounds from each port (6 ports). Shooters cannot leapfrog each other.
Total Targets: Four paper
Scoring: A maximum of 30 scorable A-zone hits is possible.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage Five – Tower</span>

From start position, team must traverse the bottom of the tower while each shooter engages 10 pistol targets at the base of the tower. Each shooter must engage one paper target from each of four positions with 5 rounds each.

Safety: All weapons unloaded on movement
Total Targets: 10 steel, four paper
Scoring: steel hits, paper A-zone (max 20 hits per target)

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage Six – Tower II</span>

At start signal, the team must engage both arrays of steel targets before moving to the tower. The team must then get two rolls of fire hose to the top of the tower. Once the team reaches the top of the tower, they will then engage 8 larue steel targets and four center mass targets at the base from the top of the tower. Team will be given a no-shoot target color in the larue array and they will not engage that specific target. The team must then clear their weapons and return to the bottom of the tower.

Safety: All weapons clear and safe during movement
Total Targets: 10 steel, 4 paper, 7 larue
Scoring: steel hits, larue steel down, A-zone paper
Penalties: failure to deliver fire hose – 5 minutes

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage Seven – Helo - Exfil</span>

On the start signal, the team will move to the first shooting position while carrying a stokes basket and drag dummy. One shooter will engage paper target at 100 yards, covering the team as they move through the obstacle and to the next shooting position. Teams cannot advance until one team
member is engaging a target from that designated barricade shooting position (low crawl, window traverse, roofline, 4 foot wall). Each paper target must be engaged with 10 rounds only. The team must carry the stokes basket and drag dummy through the entire course (negotiate the obstacles).
Once the team has traversed the obstacle course (and designated shooting positions) the team must load the stokes basket into the helo and then one shooter will engage three steel targets at 200 yards.

Safety: All shooters must clear weapons between shooting stations
Total targets: three half steel targets, four paper
Scoring: steel hits, A-zone paper
Penalties: failure to negotiate obstacles - 1 minute per obstacle per shooter

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage #8</span>

Surprise

"Wife had to jet to cali so I can't make the cup. Anybody need A 4th for T.V.?"

I started to ask you at the 2 man match.
But now I have all 4. Sorry dude.

We had a great time out there and it was a pleasure meeting a bunch of you. Tiger Valley crew, we had a blast out there...great job!!! We'll definately do this one again.

Did anyone get a copy of the final scores? TJ said they'd be posted but I haven't found them online yet.

Final scores:

001.jpg

Looks like Dallas ran away with it. Would have loved to learn what it took for these guys to be so dominant. I hope to make the next one.
John

Here is a link to some pictures I took.

Photo link

It was a blast, sorry if I missed anyone.

Dallas SWAT took it by:
Team work
Accurate shot placement
Fitness

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turtle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like Dallas ran away with it. Would have loved to learn what it took for these guys to be so dominant. I hope to make the next one.
John </div></div>

We are looking at just that. As a training facility we are constantly looking at ways to improve shooting for those who attend. I looked at the times and as you can see Dallas was fast in movements, climbing, team climbs and they worked together as a unit and shot well. We had two area that we could evaluate marksmanship, Breaking Contact and the Brick Factory. Neither of these stages had steel in them and round fired was limited to a specific number. For example the Brick factory had a total number of round fired per team of 120 for the stage, Dallas had 59 "A"zone hits and the last place team had 26. In the Breaking contact the total number of shots allowed was 160, the top team had 87 hits and the lower teams were 25 hits out of 160. Each team member fired 10 rounds from 100,200,300,400 yards. Rifle fire started at the 100 yard line on a stationary target with 10 shots from each of four shooters from a prone position. I will grant you that the 200-400 yard shots may be difficult for some shooters but the 100 should be a cake walk giving each team an easy 40 hits.

Most stages were self penalizing, meaning that the longer it took you to down the targets the lower your score. Again the fastest teams were those who worked together and shot well. You could be the fastest team through the Helo stage, but if you didn't get the hits on the 20 steel targets in the Haji hotel the time killed you.

Bottom line is the best teams worked together, they knew how to do team climbs and get each other over obstacles in an efficient manner and they shot well. They positioned each member for skill sets in areas that they were best at. All team members functioned as a unit and no one member slowed the group down.

Don't forget, SWAT teams eat this stuff for breakfast. They can navigate obstacles individually or as a unit and shooting under stress is their job.

Bruce is formulating the data on hit potentials and I will post it as soon as we have it.

Remember, just shooting this event was an ass kicker and I would bet physically more challenging then anything you have done in years. Making it this way has run off about half of those who attended in past years. You can be proud to one of the few who made the challenge, congrats!

I hope you do this next year -- if not sooner. I know there is limited desire to shoot such a physical match but usually that just makes the match better. Less shooters = more shooting time available and more complex stages. I think you found a great combination that is missing in the tactical shooting community right now -- TEAM matches.
Thanks for filling that need.

John

No....Team 7, Clagget, is the brother of one of our former guys that retired.