• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Tiger Valley Team Sniper Date?

Re: Tiger Valley Team Sniper Date?

You could have shot the match with an ACOG but you wouldn't be able to help spot for your sniper as much with only 3x or 4x. I ditched my 3 gun Swarovski Z6i and borrowed my snipers Nightforce 2.5-10X so I could see some of his hits and so I would have an MOA reticld to make commuincation faster and easier for getting him on target faster.

This was a great match. I enjoyed the challenges and the tower for sure. If I had to offer any critique it would be more shooting but I always say that after EVERY match.

Thanks to everyone that put this on. I plan to be back next year for sure.

Here are the score sheets I picked up at the match. I don't have the team # list so its almost meaningless unless you were there. Maybe someone else can post the list of team #'s/names.

Steve Aryan and I were team Number 1. Wade and Chris from OK were Team #5.

TigerValleyScores.jpg

TigerValleyScoresStage1.jpg

TigerValleyScoresStage2.jpg

TigerValleyScoresStage3.jpg

TigerValleyScoresStage4.jpg

TigerValleyScoresStage5.jpg

TigerValleyScoresStage6.jpg

TigerValleyScoresStage7.jpg

We had a full house, with 40 registered teams (and a waiting list for those who waited too long). Photo credits to to Photopunk Productions (Brandon Parscale, a match sponsor and participant himself).

Many thanks from the staff at Tiger Valley to all who attended.

--Benjamin at Tiger Valley

_MG_7752.tif-tsm.jpg

_MG_7216.tif-tsm.jpg

_MG_7457.tif-tsm.jpg

_MG_7487.tif-tsm.jpg

_MG_7488.tif-tsm.jpg

_MG_7580.tif-tsm.jpg

_MG_7581.tif-tsm.jpg

_MG_7648.tif-tsm.jpg

_MG_7700.tif-tsm.jpg

_MG_7725.tif-tsm.jpg

Special thanks to all of the Sponsors ROs and Staff. I certainly had alot of fun. Look forward to shooting the Long Gun next time. I really want to whack some steel from the tower. Bring on the bonus Targets and would also like longer steel for the carbine too.. Thanks Again, Brandon Every

I wanna thank everyone for a great weekend and for not getting creeped out by the guy with the camera living in the Van...

I would also like to Thank everyone who participated in the Team photo's
Here is the link to view them.

<span style="color: #3333FF"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic">http://parscalephoto.com/TVportr</span>ait</span>s/
</span>
I will be working Benjamin to get all images posted for all to review and download.
So, thanks in advance for being patient while we sort through 1200 images.

I look forward to the upcoming matches

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Photopunk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lets try that again...

<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="color: #3333FF">http://parscalephoto.com/TVportraits</span></span>/</span> </div></div>

Some nice mugshots in there!
smile.gif

_MG_7700.tif-tsm.jpg

I want to see the next couple of frames posted!!!

Team 1 Squad 1 Aryan, Tischauser
Team 2 Squad 1 Griffin, M, Griffin, S
Team 3 Squad 1 Reader, Reynolds
Team 4 Squad 1 Stuteville, Mussman
Team 5 Squad 1 Emmons, Richardson
Team 6 Squad 1 Baker, Dungan
Team 7 Squad 1 Licksinger, Voelter
Team 8 Squad 1 Harrison, Elpers
Team 9 Squad 1 Keung, Christian
Team 10 Squad 1 Dawes, Ripple
Team 11 Squad 1 Darst, Trout
Team 12 Squad 1 Cantu, Bullard
Team 13 Squad 1 Jordan,
Team 14 Squad 2 Huebener, Dionne
Team 15 Squad 2 Adcock, K, Adcock, L
Team 16 Squad 2 Carnes, L, Carnes, R
Team 17 Squad 2 Sadler, Carrell
Team 18 Squad 2 VanDeventer, Scalco
Team 19 Squad 2 Haworth, Parscale
Team 20 Squad 2 Tolles, Every
Team 21 Squad 2 Porter, Boiko
Team 22 Squad 2 Blackwell, S, Sun
Team 23 Squad 2 Blackwell, V, Finley
Team 24 Squad 2 Sommers, Long
Team 25 Squad 2 Gilmore, Guinther
Team 26 Squad 2 McCarty, M, McCarty, P
Team 27 Squad 3 Nettleton, Bryant
Team 28 Squad 3 Gordon, Clark
Team 29 Squad 3 Thomas, Wright
Team 30 Squad 3 Wallender,
Team 31 Squad 3 Hamilton, Webb
Team 32 Squad 3 Smith, Quant
Team 33 Squad 3 Vance, Brian, Vance, Brad
Team 34 Squad 3 Stewart, Z, Stewart
Team 35 Squad 3 Liggett, Kimball
Team 36 Squad 3 Mueller, Hudson
Team 37 Squad 3 Wandrisco, Lindsey
Team 38 Squad 3 Whitson,
Team 39 Squad 3 McCarthy, C, Baldeschwiler

T.J. and Crew, thanks for a great time!
This was my first match at Tiger Valley and was very impressed with all the stages and the facility. Yes, I liked some stages more than others but that was mainly due to my performance and my dear fans Geordie, Rich and JASON!!!! Nothing like putting a lot of pressure on a guy with there heckling when he is F-ing up... I thought Sunday was a great stage. Competitors had to work as a team to due well. That's what shooting paper should be like! Not sitting at 100 yards punching holes. Most of the shooters that shoot these match's are great shooting @ 100 and this added a new element. Both of the tower stages were awsome. I look forward to this match again next year.

Again thanks to TJ, Gail and all the RO's for doing such a great job!

Almost forgot, Thanks to all the sponsors for supporting our GREAT sport!!!!

Mick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Photopunk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
_MG_7702.jpg

_MG_7703.jpg
</div></div>
LOL! That's funny! I pulled like crazy the last few steps, and didn't care if I fell or not.

overall a good match.. there are a couple things that could have been diffrent and I understand there is a logistical side of getting this done and its easy to sit back and armchair quarterback.

The main theme that could have been reversed is the AR/spotter getting favored every pistol event. Yes there was an option for the sniper to shoot on a stage but the way it was designed it fell on the shoulders of the spotter. An AR gunner is not going to drop his AR and pick up his pistol just because the threats are close. He would only transition if his AR goes down and then only if the threats are in pistol range.. On the other hand, the bolt gunner aint gunna be engaging multiple threats inside of 25yd with his long gun.. That would be a prime pistol opp.

On the 100yd events with the mad woman bomber and the 4 looters, on the paper stage description you were allowed to help your partner if you put your targets down first. I think they should have kept that plan. Thats what would happen down range right.. instead you got to lay there and watch your partner snafu his targets through a 20x

And I only say this because the spirit of the match is to try to keep things as realistic as possible.. So theres my constructive critisism for the year.. But honestly you could not change a thing and id be back for the next one anyways.. its too fun not to. Goose

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Photopunk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
_MG_7702.jpg

_MG_7703.jpg
</div></div>
LOL! That's funny! I pulled like crazy the last few steps, and didn't care if I fell or not. </div></div>

I was laughing as I was snapping those, I just missed you 2 running into each on the way out of the truck. That was pretty classic!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goose375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
On the 100yd events with the mad woman bomber and the 4 looters, on the paper stage description you were allowed to help your partner if you put your targets down first. I think they should have kept that plan. Thats what would happen down range right.. instead you got to lay there and watch your partner snafu his targets through a 20x

And I only say this because the spirit of the match is to try to keep things as realistic as possible.. So theres my constructive critisism for the year.. But honestly you could not change a thing and id be back for the next one anyways.. its too fun not to. Goose </div></div>

Within the match "gamer" mindset the precision shooter would immediately pop a shot at the first precision target to enter the crosshairs, knowing full well that it would only cost him a 10 second penalty that he would more than make up for in popping some of the carbine steel to make the stage go more quickly. Anybody following the spirit of the stage by actually taking the time to locate the proper target and take a shot would finish at the bottom of the stage when the points are counted up.
There are a number of ways to fix the problem and TJ took the simplest by designating specific targets for each team member.
Within the setup of the stage the two shooters are right next to each other but in the real world the carbine shooter could be shooting targets invisible to the precision shooter, shuch as guarding an entry point while the precision shooter is shooting at a target in a completely different direction.

And there is also the "Failure to do right" rule so if the RO sees gaming going on he can penalize the team.

We didn't go into graphic detail as to why you were using your pistol. We should have stated for game purposes that your rifle had failed and you had to transition to pistol. We had requests last match for more pistol, so we added it. Over 80% of those who shot the tower stages timed out. Yes, some gamed the "bitch bomber" stage and I got talked out of a two minute penalty for not hitter her, but I didn't want to crush a score on one target alone, it won't happen again. Talking to the winners, they all hit her before the AR shooter finished anyway.

Setting a match up on this scale is like writing a symphony, every drum beat, horn note has to be right on paper. We had 8 hour of day light. If you add safety brief, movement to stages and stage brief you loose at least one hour. I planned on 3 minutes maximum time and 3 minute reset. The reset times included any equipment malfunctions and slow shooters off towers and physically worn out RO's, yes they slowed down and rightfully so as the day went on. We also had to tear down stages and prepare for the next three in the afternoon. We started shooting at 8:45am and finished at 4:30pm

I didn't like the fact that so many timed out on the tower stages, but talking to the RO, it wasn't because they didn't shoot at the targets, they just couldn't hit, OH well shooting from elevation grabbed some.

My goal was to present situations and shooting issues that you don't normally encounter, exploding IED's, moving targets, angled shooting, and being physically worn out to name a few. But on the same note everyone wants to shoot bullets down range and shoot more then 3-4 stages in a day.

I have a complete AAR coming out soon that will add some light to the behind the scenes of Team Sniper. T.J.

Woohoo! 13th place overall and 8th place in the 300-1000 yard DM qualification stage with a bone stock POF P308. Can't wait to get this thing setup in 6.5 CM.

TJ, the 2 minute penalty on the bomber stage would have been great. And by the way, my partner nailed the women in about 12 seconds, I was the one that dropped the ball on that stage!

Loved the match, it was one of the smoothest I've ever attended. Can't wait for the next one.

thanks TJ and Crew!

Yeah I hit the woman in about 15-25 seconds. Wasnt too bad. My gas gunner struggled on that stage.
My compliments.
Great job on the tower. Really tested me.
The IED stage was excellent.
Mad bomber was good. Not hitting should have been a penalty.
Positional on the clays and the 3d targets were awesome! We did it in 19 seconds with a bolt gun so of course I liked that one.

My suggestions.
I think at all matches there should be a "high 7.62 shooter" place. Not extra points but just a recognition
More pistol and maybe pistol while dragging the dummy.
More carbine within 50 meters. (I understand taping and scoring might be the issue there).
Reverse the Tower, Make a shot and then fight to a truck, only hits count.
The first stage (1000 yard chopper stage) was the only stage where missing in a hurry was beneficial. I tried to make my hits but was off on my wind. Would have been better off just blowing the rounds downrange as fast as I could. That stage made it really hard for me to come back
Sunday should have counted for more than it did. We shot as much as the day before and it was a true spotter sniper test.

Great job overall TJ. I will be back regardless. Its always easy to sit here and critique how other people do things. Match was awesome and great job. I will be at the next one in the winter/spring.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steve_Aryan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
My suggestions................
Reverse the Tower, Make a shot and then fight to a truck, only hits count.........
</div></div>

Thinking about it from the mindset of somebody putting on matches rather than as a competitor the thought of competitors in a big hurry hoofing it down the tower stairs carrying rifles and pistols is asking for serious injury. Some of the high speed low drag types would be trying to darn near jump from landing to landing in order to get down as quickly as possible. Everybody would be going down much faster than they would go up. Best case, if you fall, you fall down and thump all the way to the next landing, breaking body parts and equipment. Worst case, you slip when you are at a dead run down the stairs and go over the rail, falling to your death 70 ft. below.
Not trying to kill an interesting idea, just making sure to think about the practical aspects.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Okie Gordon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steve_Aryan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
My suggestions................
Reverse the Tower, Make a shot and then fight to a truck, only hits count.........
</div></div>

Thinking about it from the mindset of somebody putting on matches rather than as a competitor the thought of competitors in a big hurry hoofing it down the tower stairs carrying rifles and pistols is asking for serious injury. Some of the high speed low drag types would be trying to darn near jump from landing to landing in order to get down as quickly as possible. Everybody would be going down much faster than they would go up. Best case, if you fall, you fall down and thump all the way to the next landing, breaking body parts and equipment. Worst case, you slip when you are at a dead run down the stairs and go over the rail, falling to your death 70 ft. below.
Not trying to kill an interesting idea, just making sure to think about the practical aspects. </div></div>

I see nothing wrong with any of that....
cool.gif

Good point though. Maybe they would start from one level up instead of the top. Then staging and getting teams up there wouldnt take as long.

Rich, don't worry about your Glock, Geordie and I found it. It is in safe keep'n here in TN.....

Mick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triton19</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Okay here is the "Ninja Slide"

compliments of indaweeds.

NINJASLIDE.jpg
</div></div>

Wow... awesome "Ninja Slide" technique by the spotter.
Jason, is that also the "Drunken Crawl" technique being used by the sniper there?:)

Probably so, but I made it to the hide faster than my ninja! The only reason I could not slide in to mine is that the entrance to mine was smaller than my but! Lol!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">whole stole all my brass? </div></div>

Can you only imagine.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Photopunk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will have an answer tomorrow.

</div></div>

Awesome! Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THellURider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any updates on the photos? </div></div>

I'd love to see some more pics as well if you have them. Thanks!

Nice photos, Brandon.

BTW, ScootyPuffJr and I were at SVI last week and looking over your build...

I cant believe you guys wouldn't let me finish throwing up before you snapped the group photo....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WPD175</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cant believe you guys wouldn't let me finish throwing up before you snapped the group photo.... </div></div>

Well I'm sure you had a good time the night before the picture was taken. Next time stay out of those low rent strip clubs!