• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tiger Valley Team sniper match November 10-11

MADUCE

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2004
DALLAS,TEXAS
www.tigervalley.com
After lots of phone calls, e-mails and other contacts it looks like we will run a team sniper match November 10-11, 2012. One shooter with semi-auto and the other with what ever he/she wants. No ammo above 300 win.mag. no steel core. As always we will try and make things new and interesting. This year we will have a "hogans Alley" which will extend the entire length of the 140 yard bay on both sides. Precision shooter will address long shots and both will clear the building as they move from point to point

We will strive to put together a prize table and would love to have a major match sponsor. Like all matches T-shirts and plenty of grub will be on the table for Sunday while we score.

We are limiting the number of shooters to make the match run faster.

cost is $150.00 per shooter

Re: Tiger Valley Team sniper match November 10-11

Nice, I'm there.

Jason C. You in????

Sounds great. It was so much fun last year cant wait. Thanks TJ for putting this back on.

I'm in if I can get my TV partner to go in one more time.

Mick

Thanks for doing the match again.

Already have a reserved spot and can't wait.

New additions for the Match. We just picked up a Huey helicopter and I am trying to decide the best way to frustrate shooters with it. We also now have a Hogans alley. Over 180 feet of building facades down both sides of the 140 yard bay. Looks like both shooters will have to fight their way down it.

T.J. are we going to need to camo up again like last fall? I got a new partner and if so we have to get him a suit.

Shooter and spotter will be required to build a rural hide, avoid detection and fire a shot from it. This is a bonus stage, and will be the first out of the box Saturday morning.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SFC Carpentier jr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TJ good to hear that you will be running a match again. Now to find someone to shoot with. </div></div>

If only I could, it would be my pleasure.

Yes. I have shot in the last three matches and loved everyone of them. T.J. and his crew put on a great match.

Request for sponsorship went out 30 minutes ago and we already have over $3000 from two vendors. I will start a list in a few days of who is in as sponsors.

I am not suprised T.J. This is one of the best matches out there. It is put on by experienced profesionals, such as yourself that adds certain elements that you can not experience just anywhere. It is not only a match but a learning experience as far as I am concerned.

TJ, How and when do we register.

Chance

The registration is up on the Tiger Valley web-site. You can pay on line or mail a check to the listed address. Thanks. T.J.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyeDaddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll be there with my brother! </div></div>

Looks like I will too! Yeah!

T.J. What part of Texas will the shooting take place and if one was flying in what would be the closest major airport?

Thanks
Jim

how many slots left open?
how many teams total?

thanks
DT

Trying to compete this year but I am in need of a partner. Anyone interested?

Round count for this year will be the same as last year, 150 precision, 200 AR and 50-75 pistol.

Sponsors on board so far are:

US OPTICS
DSG Arms
Storm Force
KNS
XS sights
TRG
Magpul
Out back Welding
Wilcox
Dillion
Manners stock
Shark
Sierra bullets
Larue Tactical

Hey guys, I'm a spotter looking for a partner for this one. I've done the 2 man sniper before and my team got 15th/40. Drop me an IM if interested.

I have to see if I can work this in. Never shot anything like this before.

Awesome match TJ! Thanks for putting it on. The match was full of tuff and challenging events. TJ always has some great props and scenarios...everything from shooting from the 60ft. tower at bad guys (reactive targets) on tanks, in buildings, in guard towers, etc...Completed an obstical course shooting event (Badd Ass!). Lot's of different events, we even had to construct a hide.

Congrats to Chase and your partner (don't know his name), and John & Tim! Always great to be around people who enjoy the same things.

Missed you Pete!

T.J.,

As always it was a great match. Loved the rural hide and shoot stage and can't wait to see what your going to come up with for a stalk and hide stage for future matches.

Congrats to all of the teams! Met some really cool folks at the match and got to see some old friends.

All the best,

Tman

Stage #1 was a sectorization exercise. We had pistol and carbine targets that had to be eliminated first. The the shooter and spotter split up. The carbine shooter had to describe a building and what window the target was in. The shooter had to eliminate that target from the window; army man

Stage #2 was a hogans alley with 9 building facades and 24 targets and know shoots. The shooter had to weave from side to side as he made his way through the street hitting each twice. The PR guy followed him up with "T"zone hits on six targets from 140 yards to 25.

Stage #3 eliminate the 9 bad guys at base of tower with pistol while PR moves to top of 60 foot tower. Once the 9 are eliminated he moves to top of tower where the pr guy has 7 Larue targets on tank, buildings and guard tower. AR guy has 10 targets from base of tower to 225 yards (balloons in center of IPSC target)

Stage #4 One shooter is in the UH-1 shooting though window at 8 pistol targets while AR guy is in bunker eliminating 17 hostile steel targets 100 yards out. Once the pistol shots are made the PR guy moves to three different locations to shoot 2 shots on steel at 400 yards. After clearing these he moves to Helo on springs and waits for his AR shooter to hop on the helo so he can hit two stop plate at 200 yards

Stage #5 Both shooters move through the O course while they support movement with fire.

Stage #6 8 pistol targets are located outside the brick hide. Once they are eliminated the PR shooter can move into position and start to engage his designated targets. Pr guy has five to eliminate, windows, stairs, standing pipe,spec rest, ground hide. While this is going on the AR shooter moves into the attic and eliminates targets to 400 yards.

Sunday

Morning hide building

Shooters are given 1 hour to build a hide. Once in place walkers are directed by 3 scout snipers recently back from the sand pit. If found you are sent back. If not found you are told to stand up and distance to target is measured. You are them made to get back into your position and fire one shot at a scoring target that is raised from the pit.

Qual course

40 rounds from 100 to 600 yards, half stationary half movers

It was a great safe match from our stand point and I can't thank all the sponsors enough. The contestant did a great job doing everything asked of them thank you for their efforts.

Thank you T.J. for another fantastic match; as always you and your crew went above and beyond.

Thanks for the review. My bad, I ran off and left the camera in the building. I will have a ton of pictures as soon as I get my hands on it.

Are you running this match again in 2013? I couldn't find it on the calendar.

Ever since I saw the video of this match from years ago I wanted to come shoot it, and this year I will be able to hit one travel match.

--Fargo007

We are re evaluating some of what we do from the interest perspective of those who compete. If this venue isn't of interest to the masses, I would rather move on to something else more attractive to everyone.