• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka 595 chambered in 260 by Spartan Rifles

Pthfndr-CA

Sergeant
Minuteman
The rifle came from Tikka chambered in 7-08 with a varmint contour barrel. And while I came to love shooting 7-08, now that the barrel was shot out, economics dictated that I chamber it in something that would use the same bullets as my other Tikka in 6.5x55. So thanks to Vu providing me with a barrel until the group buy comes in, a couple weeks ago I went to the Spartan Rifle shop and Marc chambered and installed the barrel using one of his reamers for Lapua brass while I waited (one of the perks of being a NCPPRC member). After that I gave it Joe Ducos to open the barrel channel for the larger barrel and re-bed the action.

Then I spent the next 2 weeks waiting (very impatiently I must say) till I could get to the range and try out some loads. I had next to no powder and could only load 12-15 rounds in a few different kinds of whatever I had on hand. And not wanting to pull my NF off the other Tikka till I had enough powder to be able to shoot this one, I mounted one of my fixed 10x Bushnell Elite 3200 scopes. Not the ideal for shooting tiny groups, so some of the groups might have been even small with better glass.

Barrel is Bartlein M24/M40 contour at 26"
RAD muzzle brake opened up for .30 cal (came off another rifle)
Tikka 595 action with factory trigger
Tikka Master Sporter stock
NEAR Manufacturing 20moa scope base
Shooting 139 Scenars in Lapua brass with Federal 210 primers

Image2.jpg

Image1.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image4.jpg

The first shots out of the new barrel at 100 yards from a bench and sandbag. 1st shot was after bore sighting, 2nd shot was first adjustment, shots 3-6 were after making a .2L adjustment. This was with 38.0gr of XBR 8208.

Image1-1.jpg

Then I moved to the 200 yard line to check more loads, and get some chronograph data.

Image5.jpg

Image4-1.jpg

Image3-1.jpg

I had just enough H4350 remaining to load 17 rounds. These were the 2 best groups.

Image2-1.jpg

Clearly your rifle is broken beyond repair. I will burden myself to take it off your hands for you for the generous offer of $300 (sarcasm). But really, that is a beautiful weapon and it shoots sweet to boot. I have been drooling over the Tikka 595/695 for some time now, and I'm kicking my past 12 year old self for not buying one when they were still in production. What beats me is why they ever stopped producing it. Either way if you ever decide that you want to sell it, I call first dibs. Until that fateful day, enjoy such a beautiful, rare gun and good shooting.

They are a work of art. I have a factory 695 sporter in 6.5x55 and a 595 that I just had rebarreled to 6.5x47L. Wouldn't part with either. I've seen your swede that MT built in another thread and it's also a beaut.

Love my Tikka 595 master sporter in 308win. Ive got about 300 rounds down the tube and it is also the most consistently accurate factory rifle ive ever shot

Great looking rifle and very good results. I love seeing precision rifles equipped with wood stocks. =)

Got the exact same rifle, exact same scope but in 308 :)

They are a work of art. I am going to take to a PRS comp in the very near future (with a different scope of course)