• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Tikka CTR compatible parts

STMAIAW

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2014
Reeveiwing scope mount options and mag otions for the New Tikka CTR . One contributor mentioned that he was using the trigger group from a TRG in his rifle.
Is this correct, were stock mods needed or a stock change. What other goodies can we order/ use?

I believe the CTR uses the TRG mags as well (AFAIK)...

You won't need to change the trigger. Tikka have great factory triggers. Bits to look at are aftermarket bolt shroud, bolt handle and knob, recoil lug if you want, and lumly pillars (take 30secs to install). If you want to change the rail (I'm assuming ctr had a rail) - I like the ones from tikkaperformance. That's about all you need to change.

If you're looking at changing stocks, I'd go with a standard varmint personally with a cdi dbm inletted stock and get it chopped. AI mags will be cheaper, and more compatible.

Last edited:
Might have been me, I fitted a TRG trigger to my tikka 595. Only mod needed was a swap over of the safety, and a little dremmel work on the trigger blade and guard as the TRG trigger sits lower. Nothing wrong with the std trigger, but as I'm running two TRG's and the tikka, and had a spare trigger, I thought it'd make sense to run the same trigger all round.

Regards

Pete