• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

tikka in trg chassis

Re: tikka in trg chassis

If you want to find out I'll sell you my tan '42 chassis for a fair price.

Do not believe it will fit.

If you want a TRG-style chassis, check out KRG. Justin has a superb Tikka chassis system that is very, very much based on TRG and is beautifully engineered.

You will pay as much for a TRG chassis as you will for a full KRG setup.

I have a Tikka chassis setup from KRG and it is a spectacular piece of work.

cheers,

Sirhr

It will not fit as a bolt on job. But with enough skills and funds a custom made bedding block can be machined to make it fit. Spuhr has a Tikka T3 in a custom made chassis with a TRG stock. I also have a TRG stock with custom aluminium chassis to fit T3 but still missing a magazine solution.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cb_tikka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whiskey 3 is the tits but they don't fit long actions. </div></div>

All of the Tikkas are long action. You just use short action calibers in them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sirhrmechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
You will pay as much for a TRG chassis as you will for a full KRG setup.

</div></div>Not MY chassis. I'd sell way cheaper.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyanScott</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cb_tikka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whiskey 3 is the tits but they don't fit long actions. </div></div>

All of the Tikkas are long action. You just use short action calibers in them.</div></div>

What mag to use on the whiskey for long action?

i just talked with Beretta and they aid that the sako has a different footprint than the tikka and they will not fit into the trg chassis

There is a way to have a TRG stock on a T3 action. Not sure if massoud will sell the back bone separately due to demand for his full stock but the butt and forend for a TRG fit nicely with minor alterations. I'm just waiting for my T3 paperwork to be finalised. Poor photo but it shows the KRG trigger guard in place. It will be using the alpha mags to keep things looking sleek.

031.jpg

Thank you for the kind words guys!

The T3 will not fit directly into a TRG stock. With our T3 backbone and with modifying our triggerguard (or using a TRG) trigger, it will work for the short action calibers.

The long action T3 calibers are a different story. The action is the same, meaning a TRG-42 stock is even further off from being usable. And the magazine opening in the action is not long enough to properly run the AICS 300WM mags. Basically the mag sits directly against the front of the trigger, negating both our trigger guard and the use of the TRG trigger.

In short, it's possible in short action calibers but is difficult enough for the long action calibers to be a no-go. If you have a machine shop and a ton of free time then you can make anything of course. Good luck,
Justin

If you want to find out I'll sell you my tan '42 chassis for a fair price.

bm11 are you still offering your 42 stock for sale? If anyone else has one I could buy off them PM me please. Looking at doing a Tikka in a TRG, but for LH (quite a bit of modifying will be going on so I don't care how beaten the stock is).

John.

bm11 are you still offering your 42 stock for sale? If anyone else has one I could buy off them PM me please. Looking at doing a Tikka in a TRG, but for LH (quite a bit of modifying will be going on so I don't care how beaten the stock is).

John.
sure, I'll shoot you a pm.