• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka Super Varmint Trigger

BytorJr

Two Star General
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2018
I guess this is a multi-fold question:

1) Who has a super varmint?
1b) How's the 2-stage trigger?

2) Can the 2-stage trigger be acquired and put into a CTR or is there actually a better solution (requires 1b ;) )?

3) I keep toying with a Super Varmint 7mm RM or a 6.5 PRC. However, current ammo issues are preventing me from making a decision. At least with 6.5 PRC I could use same bullets as CM.

Thanks.

Pretty sure it's the same trigger as what's in the Tac A1. Might get more hits looking into those threads.
Other options for 2 stage triggers are Timney and KRG.

I guess this is a multi-fold question:

1) Who has a super varmint?
1b) How's the 2-stage trigger?

2) Can the 2-stage trigger be acquired and put into a CTR or is there actually a better solution (requires 1b ;) )?

3) I keep toying with a Super Varmint 7mm RM or a 6.5 PRC. However, current ammo issues are preventing me from making a decision. At least with 6.5 PRC I could use same bullets as CM.

Thanks.
Where are you finding a super varmint?

Reactions: CarbonMTN
I don’t think the super varmint has hit shores yet, if it did I must have one!!!

I don’t think the super varmint has hit shores yet, if it did I must have one!!!
Possibly true as they are not on Eurooptic at this time. Maybe I'm premature in my question.

Arriving in 2022 according to EuroOptic. Can't imagine it's any different than the Tac A1 trigger. I bought one on here. They sometime show up. Post a WTB ad.

Arriving in 2022 according to EuroOptic. Can't imagine it's any different than the Tac A1 trigger. I bought one on here. They sometime show up. Post a WTB ad.
Good trigger or can another aftermarket be just as good? Thanks.

I've only shot 1 Tac A1, it was out of the box factory and was a good trigger.
I have a couple of KRG Midas Triggers and I like them as there is some adjustability as far as location of the trigger shoe on the dovetail to get the fit "Just Right"