• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TIKKA T1X ARCA LITE for PRS Base Class?

Sblzrd65

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2020
East Coast, USA
Looking at the Mountain Tactical TIKKA T3X/T1X ARCA LITE rail add on for a Tikka T1x. Looking at the PRS Rimfire Rules it seems like adding it would still keep it in base class (a chassis is a down the line goal so looking to maximize the next 2-3 years or so) if I'm assuming it counts as adding a "rail". Any thoughts on it?

"2.3.5 Accessories: For the purpose of the Production Division, the following items are considered accessories and will not be regulated or prohibited from being used on or in conjunction with your production rifle: muzzle brakes, suppressors, barricade stops/blocks, custom paint, rings, red dot sights, bags, pads, bipods, rails, zoom levers, data card holders, bolt knobs, bubble level, grips, handguards, etc."

If had a choice I would use a KRG XL HEAVY rail to get some weight up in the front so it sits the bags better.

For just an ARCA rail, I like the Salmon River Solutions rails for the Tikka (or any rounded) stock.

But for a competition rifle, I’ll echo the comments saying to go as heavy as you can. Maybe even go with a DST Precision Da’Rail.