• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1x won’t eject live rounds

Hickswr

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2019
Alabama
My Tikka T1x 22lr won’t eject live rounds at all. The bullet tip goes down and to the right and hangs up. Have to remove the cartridge by hand.

About 1 in 25 empties flip 180 degrees and hang up and have to be pulled out of the chamber by hand. The ones that do eject aren’t thrown very far from the chamber at all.

Any suggestions other than send it back to Beretta? It shoots so good I almost hate to sent it back to them.
I’ve probably fired around 1K rounds through it and just noticed the live ammo ejection issue today b/c I typically shoot it empty.

What ammunition? If it's CCI SV or similar, I'm not surprised. I have a Vudoo and I simply don't expect CCI SV (which I use a lot for positional practice) to chamber easily or eject live rounds due to the tight Vudoo chamber.

Also, after 1k rounds, you may have a carbon ring built up at the front of the chamber, which can drag on the bullet along with a long bullet skirt maybe jamming into the lands (again, a known potential "thing" for CCI SV in a Vudoo). A carbon ring can be a gold-plated witch to remove without proper cleaning solvent and methods; there are a lot of threads here about that. The highly-caustic CLR (Calcium-Lime-Rust) cleaner will make the job relatively easy, but it can also wreak havok on blued or other finishes if care is not taken (I can attest to this from experience). CLR is caustic, nasty stuff, handle with a lot of care.

It will take you awhile, but it may well be worth your time to research the issue of solvents and carbon rings here. I only use CLR as a last resort now; I'm more comfortable using Remington 40X bore cleaner as a petroleum-based solvent. I want to try some of the Bore Tech solutions when the opportunity presents itself.

Make sure you don't have powder or other debris holding the extractor out away from its correct position or fouling the extractor claw itself.

And, do yourself a favor: spend $50 and get a Teslong bore scope off Amazon. It's a screaming deal and then you KNOW how much crap is still in your chamber and barrel.

EDIT: Speaking from experience, send your rifle back to Beretta only as a last resort. I sent a T3X Varmint back for a primer light-strike issue; they kept it five weeks and the issue was not resolved at all. Took my friend&gunsmith 15 minutes to diagnose and fix it.

Last edited:
It is CCI SV but it chambers smooth and easy.

Thanks for all the info and suggestions.

Is it 100% ejecting fired cases? There are a few that have needed the ejector spring tweaked to get it working right. It could be as simple as a two second job with some pliers.

Is it 100% ejecting fired cases? There are a few that have needed the ejector spring tweaked to get it working right. It could be as simple as a two second job with some pliers.
No- About 1 in 25 empties flip 180 degrees in the chamber and have to be pulled out by hand.

Tell me more about the ejector spring tweaking process.

Upon further investigation, the only time it won’t eject loaded rounds is when the magazine is empty. If there are any rounds in the magazine then it will eject the loaded rounds. So I’m chalking that up to being magazine related.

The eject issue with empties flipping 180 degrees and hanging up in the chamber still concerns me.

Below are pics of the ejector spring.

GDiFOje.jpg

aHdlUNO.jpg

cZM2WmO.jpg

eYVpwJY.jpg

Mine was extracting reliably (but rather weak), so I tweaked the spring. From memory the problem is the spring applying too much pressure to the front of the case and not enough to the body/rim so it just spins 180 deg rather than throw the case from the action.

The design of the ejector (spring) will never sling brass with any real force, but I eventually settled on empty cases landing about a foot from the rifle.

I’ll have a look and take some photos when I get a chance, but I do remember removing the spring from the magwell entirely and playing with both ends of the spring.