• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

This video may help because it shows disassembly/assembly of the bolt

Please help me out with this one. New T1x. Haven’t fired it yet.

I pulled the bolt out, held it in two hands and twisted it to see what would happen basically. It clicked into a new position and now I cannot insert the bolt back in the rifle.

Any ideas?
It sounds like you turned the bolt and took the tension off the spring. The attached photo is how the back of the bolt should align w the body of the bolt.

20200727_164216.jpg

Thanks for the replies since my post. Have recocked the bolt and got it back in the rifle. Will have to make sure I don’t do that again if I’m being attacked by irate squirrels.

Thanks for the replies since my post. Have recocked the bolt and got it back in the rifle. Will have to make sure I don’t do that again if I’m being attacked by irate squirrels.
Usually you can just rotate it by hand. It is a little hard but doable. Dont make the same mistake on a t3, lol. The tension is much much more.

Reactions: plong

Had the same issue on mine, was pretty difficult to correct. Can't imagine what the T3 is like.

Well better post a pic of the rifle.

20 moa rail. Primary Arms 4-16x50 GLx scope.

Just bore sighted it; still haven’t shot it.

Attachments

• E87ECF24-EE9A-4CF0-8DEC-1F8FE7595443.jpeg
    E87ECF24-EE9A-4CF0-8DEC-1F8FE7595443.jpeg
    136.1 KB · Views: 196
Reactions: RETE8
This is one accurate rifle. Took it out for the first time today. 50 yard, windy, wind was blowing the target around as it is hanging from the top.

Bore sighted it the night before. First 5 shot group was 24mm and only 0.3 mrad high from the bore sight. Smallest group was 11mm. Largest was 25mm but that was 10 shots and I was rushed as my wife phoned me to come home for dinner.

Didn’t have a good rear bag so groups will only get better.

Standard stock, 16 inch barrel, with a A-Tec moderator.

Attachments

• 972E8A82-18C6-4FC7-AB02-6A972E4E0AE9.jpeg
    972E8A82-18C6-4FC7-AB02-6A972E4E0AE9.jpeg
    385.2 KB · Views: 173
Been looking at getting one of these for a while but have a couple of questions.
Wondering if the barrel removal issue has been corrected not interested in having to beat barrel out and wonder about damage to the action.
Is the stock as bad as most seem to report it being.
Thanks for your thoughts and input.

Been looking at getting one of these for a while but have a couple of questions.
Wondering if the barrel removal issue has been corrected not interested in having to beat barrel out and wonder about damage to the action.

Barrel removal is pretty easy with heat and pb buster. Heat is one of the things that people forget to do, but they do glue/loctite stuff which is why the heat is needed.

Reactions: Biscuits

The stock is honestly fine if you like plastic stocks like that. It is what it is, the upgraded pistol grip works, and its stiff enough. You're going to have to do the old camping mat and duck tape special just like the good old days for a cheek riser. I didnt see any mechanical accuracy increases out of swapping to a bravo. I have a lot of trouble shooting a Monticarlo style stock from a bench or prone on any gun, so the vertical grip of the bravo was really the deciding factor.

If you're good with a light stock or aren't afraid of jb weld, and the factory grip angle works for you, it will do just fine.

Reactions: slickalaus12
Tikka makes a replacement grip in several colors that has a "straighter" angle if you don't like the factory grip angle.

Tikka makes a replacement grip in several colors that has a "straighter" angle if you don't like the factory grip angle.

They do indeed. It's a lot more like a steeply angled AR grip. Very different handling than say a bravo

I thought the factory stock wasn't bad.. but I got a Bravo relatively quickly to mimic my then PRS rifle.

As has been mentioned replacing the grip with a t3x vertical pistol grip is beneficial. I also threw a Titan Universal Cheek Rest on mine. A chassis would be nice but for now these are cheap alternatives that fix the 2 issues most people have with the stock

Attachments

• t1xjuly.png
    t1xjuly.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 494
Okey, posted my first shots with my Tikka T1x at 50 yards on the last page.

Today, took it out to the range at 100 yards. CCI standard velocity. 22LR, 16 inch, sound moderator.

5 x consecutive 10 shot groups.

I’ve never shot a bolt 22 at 100 yards before. Is this good, bad or so-so? Largest group 3.95 inch. Smallest 2.40 inch.

Attachments

• 239B4ABE-17C9-4F55-A6B0-4B51CAC1B4EC.jpeg
    239B4ABE-17C9-4F55-A6B0-4B51CAC1B4EC.jpeg
    313.4 KB · Views: 109
Okey, posted my first shots with my Tikka T1x at 50 yards on the last page.

Today, took it out to the range at 100 yards. CCI standard velocity. 22LR, 16 inch, sound moderator.

5 x consecutive 10 shot groups.

I’ve never shot a bolt 22 at 100 yards before. Is this good, bad or so-so? Largest group 3.95 inch. Smallest 2.40 inch.

In general the concensus seems to be CCI SV is reliable at 50 yards, but really spreads out at 100 yards, so using a higher quality ammo will give you a better idea of what the rifle is capable of at 100 yards.

In general the concensus seems to be CCI SV is reliable at 50 yards, but really spreads out at 100 yards, so using a higher quality ammo will give you a better idea of what the rifle is capable of at 100 yards.
Yeah i only use CCI SV to practice at 50 yds or drop a critter. I use CenterX or SK match at 100.

Reactions: slickalaus12
Thanks for the advice on CCI standard not being that good past 50 yard.

Local club has a good supply of various Eley and RWS, not much else besides bulk ammo.

Can get Center X from elsewhere but it’s a bit of a drive.

Anyone have experience of RWS or Eley 22LR ammo at 100+ yards?

Well thanks to this thread it cost me some money. Ordered a T1X yesterday for $400. I figure thats a great price so I couldn't pass it up!

Might be transferring to a T1x here pretty soon from a CZ457.

Does Tikka have decent customer service presence in the US?

So... Wild idea, has anyone SBR'd one of these yet? My suppressed .22LR SBR upper is the most fun thing in the safe but... not stunningly accurate like these are. I was thinking cut the barrel down to 6.5" or so, so the tip of my can clears the end of the KRG bravo... thoughts? Will I ruin accuracy? I will lose velocity, dont care, it will be ideal for hunting squirrels with and very light, handy, if it maintains accuracy wouldn't be awful as an NRL rig for kids... thoughts?

Reactions: STex and Frankr
So... Wild idea, has anyone SBR'd one of these yet? My suppressed .22LR SBR upper is the most fun thing in the safe but... not stunningly accurate like these are. I was thinking cut the barrel down to 6.5" or so, so the tip of my can clears the end of the KRG bravo... thoughts? Will I ruin accuracy? I will lose velocity, dont care, it will be ideal for hunting squirrels with and very light, handy, if it maintains accuracy wouldn't be awful as an NRL rig for kids... thoughts?

Do it.

I am curious how accurate a short barrel can be out a platform like the tikka.

I have seen some great shooting pistols (VQ, Colt woodsman, etc...) and they have those short barrels so it can be done

Looking at the quality bolt action "pistols" like the Anschutz Exemplar - with a 10" barrel, they had exceptional accuracy.

I have a TC Contender with a 10" 22LR match barrel, and a few Ruger MK-II 10" pistols, and they are also very accurate.

I'm not sure if I would go down to 6" just because of the balance - but that's just me.

If I had the skill or a friendly gunsmith willing to help - I'd cut it down to 14" and see how I liked it, and then go down 2" at a time until I found a good handling package and stop there - but paying $$ for every cut would add up quickly.

As already posted - Do It! We'd love to watch. :cool:

Reactions: STex
I don’t post much but figured I’d share my T1x. Bought it dirt cheap off the used rack with the barrel and rail already installed. Only shot federal auto match so far but it’ll do 10 round groups under .75 at 100 yards if the wind keeps down.
T1x .22LR
20.5 in Lothar Walther barrel
Boyd’s Pro varmint stock
20 MOA rail
10x42 SWFA SS 10x mil/mil
745A12CE-AFF9-4282-B554-1A81214D4845.jpeg

06EA554B-E969-4EC1-AC0C-6A80A9ACA1B5.jpeg

Where's the best place to pick up some different ammo to try? I guess I picked a bad time to buy a new gun. I would like to try a few different lots of CX, SK and some cci SV and when I find one it likes just buy 5000 rds of it.

Where's the best place to pick up some different ammo to try? I guess I picked a bad time to buy a new gun. I would like to try a few different lots of CX, SK and some cci SV and when I find one it likes just buy 5000 rds of it.
Good Shooting Inc.

Reactions: cm1021
Hello folks. First post long time reader. I’ve been putting together 2 x Tikka T1x for me and my wife. This is from our first range session trying out Lapua centerX, SK red and SK yellow, and Wolf (Eley) TM. Both rifles were zeroed at 50 yards and had maybe 15 rds of SK yellow thru them. I started shooting at the 1 1/4 inch orange dot as a sighter. That’s the first 5 cold bore group then moved to the red target. Just shot 5 shot groups at the target , no cleaning between groups. I then put the splatter target at 200 to see what it would do. Shot at 200 with SK red box only as the wind was picking up and we were running out of time. Overall we are very happy with the results. We will go back out and shoot all at 200 to see what’s the best for us there. So far we are liking the Lapua centerX and SK red. Both our rifles seem to shoot the same with all ammo so far ( that’s a relief ). Just wanted to post up some pics of groups at 100 and 200 since this is what I have been really working these up for. (This is max at our local range) A trainer for when we can’t take out T3x TacA1 out to 1000. Our T1x Tikkas
Area419 30moa rail
Seekins 30mm .97 rings
Sightron s3 6x24x50
Harris bipod
Tikka vert grip
Tikka T3x butt pad
Titan cheek riser
Triggers adjusted to match our TacA1’s

Attachments

• 64218A34-3D47-4C09-B670-CC2E86BE23CA.jpeg
    64218A34-3D47-4C09-B670-CC2E86BE23CA.jpeg
    622.3 KB · Views: 149
  • 47F68FE0-7551-4BD2-9E64-F497BA92DBFE.jpeg
    47F68FE0-7551-4BD2-9E64-F497BA92DBFE.jpeg
    214.3 KB · Views: 144
  • 7A474CE3-F92C-4D0F-B0EF-2B61261F7668.jpeg
    7A474CE3-F92C-4D0F-B0EF-2B61261F7668.jpeg
    544.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 46B3BB22-9749-48A5-95ED-5BEB49ED17DE.jpeg
    46B3BB22-9749-48A5-95ED-5BEB49ED17DE.jpeg
    510.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 7310EC7D-93A5-45F5-B0A5-B2293D9CE626.jpeg
    7310EC7D-93A5-45F5-B0A5-B2293D9CE626.jpeg
    309 KB · Views: 95
  • 65E18425-C847-42B9-8ECD-24D77D2A5A51.jpeg
    65E18425-C847-42B9-8ECD-24D77D2A5A51.jpeg
    361.7 KB · Views: 99
Forgot to include these. We finished up reshooting the SK red and the Lapua CenterX.

Attachments

• FB221BCC-CFEB-4913-AD3B-1C0A573ED942.jpeg
    FB221BCC-CFEB-4913-AD3B-1C0A573ED942.jpeg
    586.7 KB · Views: 152
  • 1DDD1E35-309C-4BBB-9880-B292E9773A12.jpeg
    1DDD1E35-309C-4BBB-9880-B292E9773A12.jpeg
    612.1 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: RETE8
Well, other than maybe my 52c, my wife’s tikka T1x is the most consistently accurate rimfire we have with almost any ammo.

It even shoots better than my CZ457 mtr right now (need to get some center X ammo to level the field).

Reactions: silentheart
Welcome to the Forums 545. Looks like the Rifle Match has some real potential in your rifle. A little vertical stringing but still looks like you have something to work with.... 200 yard looks real good too.

Finally got my last piece in place, LW 20.5” threaded barrel. We will see if it was worth the investment shortly. I had zero complaints about accuracy but I’m who doesn’t want to push it just a little further.
Barrel is in the freezer right now and hopefully will be installed in another 30 minutes or so.

Attachments

• DF6D96CB-9F73-4624-BFEE-2E46750D076B.jpeg
    DF6D96CB-9F73-4624-BFEE-2E46750D076B.jpeg
    558 KB · Views: 161
Ok. Had a free morning so we went back to the range to see how things look at 200

wanted to mention that when I bought both of these T1x together I wasn’t expecting for them to look different.

my T1x has deeper roll marks on the barrel and has hex screws putting it together.

my wife’s T1x has shallow roll marks and used Torx head screws putting it together.

also the receivers are marked differently. I was worried and have seen others question this.

after some range trips I’d say our sample of 2 shoot near identical.

the SK yellow , red, and the Lapua Center x all shot very similar at 200. Probably call it a wash

the Wolf ( Eley ) MT was a bit worse.

the CCI SV was high and right and printed in the Lapua group

the CCI SV has 4 nice together and a large flier

this was the same on both of our guns.

because the CCI was such a large shift from where the SK/ Lapua grouped I don’t think I’ll be shooting it on our Tikkas anymore.

each gun has maybe 50 rds thru it.

groups were shot 1 after the other with no cleaning in between

order was SK yellow , SK red, Lapua, Wolf, last was CCI sv

so are these groups pretty typical of what I should expect at 200?? Would more lot testing make much of a difference??

Attachments

• 5D74DCEF-8F78-4519-AB62-6E7049E0ECBD.jpeg
    5D74DCEF-8F78-4519-AB62-6E7049E0ECBD.jpeg
    634.9 KB · Views: 175
  • 63917D72-BCDE-47D6-B8B2-02BDCF116655.jpeg
    63917D72-BCDE-47D6-B8B2-02BDCF116655.jpeg
    617.4 KB · Views: 170
Reactions: Merlin O
Finally got my last piece in place, LW 20.5” threaded barrel. We will see if it was worth the investment shortly. I had zero complaints about accuracy but I’m who doesn’t want to push it just a little further.
Barrel is in the freezer right now and hopefully will be installed in another 30 minutes or so.

curious to see how much of an improvement in your groups.

Ok. Had a free morning so we went back to the range to see how things look at 200

wanted to mention that when I bought both of these T1x together I wasn’t expecting for them to look different.

my T1x has deeper roll marks on the barrel and has hex screws putting it together.

my wife’s T1x has shallow roll marks and used Torx head screws putting it together.

also the receivers are marked differently. I was worried and have seen others question this.

after some range trips I’d say our sample of 2 shoot near identical.

the SK yellow , red, and the Lapua Center x all shot very similar at 200. Probably call it a wash

the Wolf ( Eley ) MT was a bit worse.

the CCI SV was high and right and printed in the Lapua group

the CCI SV has 4 nice together and a large flier

this was the same on both of our guns.

because the CCI was such a large shift from where the SK/ Lapua grouped I don’t think I’ll be shooting it on our Tikkas anymore.

each gun has maybe 50 rds thru it.

groups were shot 1 after the other with no cleaning in between

order was SK yellow , SK red, Lapua, Wolf, last was CCI sv

so are these groups pretty typical of what I should expect at 200?? Would more lot testing make much of a difference??

Actually pretty good groups at 200, you should be proud. Agree with Merlin, go find more of that SK+ lot quick.

EDIT ADD: one thing to mention, when switching between ammo brands you need to season the barrel with a few shots to change the lube all ready in the barrel to the new brand, otherwise you are piggy backing on the previous brands performance lubewise. How many rounds? Highly debatable, but figure between 10-20 rounds before shooting for record.

ANY wind is going to spread your groups apart. People thinking they are going to maintain sub MOA performance at long range 200+ with 22 quickly learn lower and mid tier ammo wont support that notion and even high end ammo requires perfect planetary alignment with shining stars. You can be confident with those rifles in matches. I watched a TIKKA Tx1 in ARA production class damn near beat the unlimited class winner today. Tikka punches way above it's price tier in the mid grade 22lr market.

Last edited:
Thanks Merlin and Tiger. I had a chat with my wife about placing a large order of SK std+. She said no way until we shot more groups to be sure. So..., we decided to settle this at the range :)

shot sk std+, Rm,Lapua CX

10 rds into a sighter target prior to each brand test

5x 5rd groups

doing this larger test showed both our guns did best with the Lapua

I did almost as good with the SK std+
She shot almost as good with SK RM

but I didn’t do well RM and she didn’t do as well with Std+

here are the Lapua Targets

seeing these, would this look good enough to go ahead and order a full case of this lot of Lapua and call it good??

do you see any gains to be had trying more Lapua lots at 200??

we are new to the .22 game so any advice is appreciated.

Attachments

• B9AE4BC1-0B37-4FFE-AAC8-623F3961A0D8.jpeg
    B9AE4BC1-0B37-4FFE-AAC8-623F3961A0D8.jpeg
    368.3 KB · Views: 134
  • DB9D2186-1333-4B9B-8AD2-04F5834B375B.jpeg
    DB9D2186-1333-4B9B-8AD2-04F5834B375B.jpeg
    345.6 KB · Views: 127
Reactions: Near miss
curious to see how much of an improvement in your groups.

Me too man; I honestly don’t think they’ll shrink much for the “best” groups, I’m hoping it develops more consistency and the overall average will come down.

One thing I noticed immediately is how much smoother it feeds compared to the stock Barrel. The action has always been rough on this rifle (chambering) even with 1500 rounds down the barrel.
Straight out of the box though this one is buttery smooth and I’m quite happy.
Just gotta let my shoulder heal up a bit more before testing it, just had shoulder surgery Wednesday.

Attachments

• 1498B018-1DA2-423F-B9DF-35319EA68528.jpeg
    1498B018-1DA2-423F-B9DF-35319EA68528.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 148
When I put the custom barrel on my T1x I noticed it was much more consistent. I very rarely saw a flyer at 50 yards. Where I really saw a difference though was beyond 100 yards. Even using the same exact ammo groups got significantly smaller at 200 yards and beyond.