• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 2 stage trigger??

Mrhyne

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2014
i know and agree that out of the box the tikkas have great triggers. that being said, does anyone make a 2-stage trigger for the tikka? I have heard of some people using a sako TRG 22 trigger on the tikkas but that sounds like that would be very difficult to find.

Any advice is appreciated!

You used to be able to buy a TRG trigger from Brownells but that has changed I think. There is the Barnard trigger although I don't know where to get those anymore.

We are also working on one as noted by snakescarbine. I'm not sure when ours will be ready for production but perhaps late this year.
Justin

Reactions: Rain
You used to be able to buy a TRG trigger from Brownells but that has changed I think

You still can but you have to call the Sako tech support line first and get the current Sako part number. Then call Brownells and talk to their special order department. I looked into it in April, but decided to pass for now. Three + month lead time and over $550 for the trigger.

i will be interested to see what KRG comes out with.

The T3x Tac A1 has one. I tried it at the store and really liked it, so much so I almost walked out of the store with it... I hope they still have it when I've got a bit more cash. I wonder if they'll offer the trigger by itself for sale.

You still can but you have to call the Sako tech support line first and get the current Sako part number. Then call Brownells and talk to their special order department. I looked into it in April, but decided to pass for now. Three + month lead time and over $550 for the trigger.

i will be interested to see what KRG comes out with.

That's good to know, thanks for the update. So far ours is coming along nicely but I don't have any final details.
Justin

I put some rounds down Hide member MrToyz matching set of T3CTR's in KRG stocks and the CTR triggers are fantastic as far as single stage triggers go. But like OP I simply have a fondness for 2 stage triggers. I ended up getting a Tac A1 because of the trigger and figure if I want to sell the chassis and mags later in favor of a Konohawk or KRG I can easily do so.

Adding up the cost of a Tac A1 you can find them between 1650 here on Hide and 1750 on GB. Figure a 24" blued CTR will run 900-1000 and a comparable Rem 700 2 stage 250-350 and the value of the Tac A1 becomes evident if you factor in that you can sell the A1 chassis and mags off for probably 800 +/-

Otherwise I think your options are exclusively in Europe and while most seem ok with shipping to the US the euro exchange rate and VAT plus shipping makes it a pricey option but there are 2 stage options just nothing I found domestically before deciding on the A1 and believe me I looked high and low.

The Tikka may just end up being for Production Class use only or a stop gap till Justin sends me that awaited email for the SOTIC (hint hint Massoud lol)

thanks for all of the replies. I did not know that about the tikka 2 stage trigger in the tac a1 either.

Just an FYI when buying from EU countries re VAT: if you do not live in the EU, you are not liable for VAT on items bought from EU countries. If the shop you're buying from won't deduct the VAT on the checkout, call them. If they still won't, pass because you're getting screwed.

Here's a little sneak peak (Disclaimer-this is a pre-production trigger so there will be minor changes):

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i57.photobucket.com\/albums\/g201\/Justinmd\/IMG_0009_zpsrw1uc6bs.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
Between this and the Bravo I'm sad I missed out on an older used T3 for $200 locally. Wrong caliber, but with prefit availability these days...would have been a cheap, nice banger.

When is it available? How much? Can I be put on a pre order list?

Last edited:
Hey guys,
It's looking the trigger will be a mid-late 1st QTR '18 release, so a couple months probably. We don't have price yet but it won't be sky high like some out there or bargain basement.

It has user adjustable first stage, second stage, and overtravel, along with the adjustable shoe. The shoe is curved and wide and feels really nice. Pull weight range is about 2-5 lbs but we don't have final figures on that. So far my preference has been 1lb 1st stage and 1.5lb second for 2.5lb overall.

t feels really nice to me, just as good as the pre-2013 TRG triggers. I don't know if I could tell the difference if a trigger felt any better to be honest. Thanks guys,
Justin

Hey guys,
It's looking the trigger will be a mid-late 1st QTR '18 release, so a couple months probably. We don't have price yet but it won't be sky high like some out there or bargain basement.

It has user adjustable first stage, second stage, and overtravel, along with the adjustable shoe. The shoe is curved and wide and feels really nice. Pull weight range is about 2-5 lbs but we don't have final figures on that. So far my preference has been 1lb 1st stage and 1.5lb second for 2.5lb overall.

t feels really nice to me, just as good as the pre-2013 TRG triggers. I don't know if I could tell the difference if a trigger felt any better to be honest. Thanks guys,
Justin

This is exactly what I've been waiting for then... after picking up my KRG'd T3 I felt keeping the TRG around was just kind of a moot point. The Tikka shoots damn near as well for half the price. The only thing holding it back, in my opinion, is the trigger. I almost bought a TRG trigger cause I always thought the TRG had the nicest trigger around, then saw you were developing this trigger system... one more reason to stick with KRG in my book.

Is the amount of first stage trigger travel about the same as on the TRG? Or is it short?

Here's a little sneak peak (Disclaimer-this is a pre-production trigger so there will be minor changes):

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i57.photobucket.com\/albums\/g201\/Justinmd\/IMG_0009_zpsrw1uc6bs.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Is it going to be available with a flat shoe?

Kind of looks like you may be able to screw on an Anshutz trigger shoe on there by the way its mounted. Looks similar to a CG Extreme trigger, which can accept Anshutz shoes.

Hey guys,

Justin

Will it be compatible with left hand actions?

Thank you T. Ferguson!

-The first stage travel is similar to the TRG. The design is an evolution of the pre '13 TRG trigger so the core function is the same.

-We might do a flat shoe but at first it will just have the curved shoe.

-It might take an Anschutz shoe but I'm not sure about that, I'll look into that

-you could theoretically use it with a left hand action if you pulled the safety lever off the OEM trigger, then pressed out the spring seating bar and flipped it around. Wouldn't be too difficult really.

Thanks guys!
Justin

"It feels really nice to me, just as good as the pre-2013 TRG triggers. I don't know if I could tell the difference if a trigger felt any better to be honest."

Gah, I'll have some trigger swapping to do. looking forward to this.

If you haven't seen the news today from Timney:
[h=6]Timney Triggers[/h] 5 hrs ·

You have waited long enough!!! The big news is here!!

You asked, we listened, and now it’s almost ready!

We are proud to introduce our Tikka trigger!

This 2 stage trigger will be available to purchase after the 1st of the year! First stage will be set at 8 OZ. The second stage will be adjustable 1 LBS to 2.5 LBS!

Make sure to check out our Instagram page to see more pictures in the upcoming days! Timney_Triggers

#TimneyTriggers #TimneyTribe #Tikka #YouWantedIt #WeListen#NewColor #makingshootersgreat

[IMG2=JSON]{"alt":"No automatic alt text available.","data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"600","width":"450","src":"https:\/\/scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net\/v\/t1.0-0\/s600x600\/24774980_10159454172915018_3957955408443388717_n.jpg?oh=96d5645f5555dc8ca9fc64cf3249a51d&oe=5A9A219D"}[/IMG2]

Not to knock Timney, but the quality of work and R&D that Massoud and KRG puts into their products I'm going to have to say that trigger will be the one I'll be waiting for. The all out adjustability and the feel of the pre2013 TRG trigger is amazing, and the fact that they are using it as their architype leads me to believe that trigger is going to knock it out of the park.

The Timney is nice, I've been playing with one for awhile. :) Used it on a couple t3's and a M595, if you like two stage triggers I think you'll like it.

Is the Timney a true 2-stage or is it like the Jewell, meaning they put in an extra spring to arrest trigger shoe movement to mimic a second stage?

Hey guys,

Justin

Updates???? ETA??? Thanks!

Last time I talked to KRG they had said this fall. I'm patiently waiting on one for my trainer rifle. May have to borrow one from the TRG until then.....

Last time I talked to KRG they had said this fall. I'm patiently waiting on one for my trainer rifle. May have to borrow one from the TRG until then.....

I like the timney two stage

Hi fellas, they are coming, there's a few floating around out there with outside testers and whatnot. Normally they would have been out by now but we've just had a big year with the Bravo and SOTIC, etc. Right now it looks like September sometime best case but possibly into fall. Thank you!
Justin

Reactions: viking78
I'vs been debating getting that hard or just waiting. Can you compare it to the TRG one? Since I am trying to make a Tikka as similar to my TRGs as possible, it may be worth waiting.

I can't, as I haven't shot a TRG. I can say that those that have shot mine and like two stage triggers have liked it.

Reactions: Crang
Our trigger will be more than the Timney in price. It does have the adjustable shoe which the Timney doesn't but I think in general our trigger is more costly to produce. We'll also have the option for a TRG style trigger guard safety rather than the top thumb safety for guys that want that. So far the trigger has been very well received on the SOTIC and from testers but each person will need to judge for themselves. Thanks guys,
Justin

I've got two Timneys but I'm intrigued and always up to try something new from KRG...hell if I had the extra scratch I'd just snatch up a SOTIC and be done with it...want to try a new trigger? Just buy a whole rifle that includes the trigger...that's logical right folks? :ROFLMAO: Will be following along so I can get one when they come out to the public!

Our trigger will be more than the Timney in price. It does have the adjustable shoe which the Timney doesn't but I think in general our trigger is more costly to produce. We'll also have the option for a TRG style trigger guard safety rather than the top thumb safety for guys that want that. So far the trigger has been very well received on the SOTIC and from testers but each person will need to judge for themselves. Thanks guys,
Justin
So if i read this correctly the trigger on the SOTIC is the same 2 stage that will be available shortly? I thought I read somewhere it was a different trigger.

I noticed the "Rifles and Triggers" section of the KRG website. No triggers in there, but that must mean it's coming soon.