• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 .223 magazine issues

libertyman777

Are you gonna eat that....
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2007
Heflin, Alabama
I have 3 mags that came with a used rifle. Only one feeds reliably. Is this a common problem? Can the springs be replaced? Or do I just need new mags?

My tikka 223 feeds like shit.

Even in a manners EHTa with mountain tactical bottom metal and magazines. If it could feed half as good as it shoots I'd be happy. Fucking hammer with 77's.....

I had problems with my Tikka 223 feeding 77's in the original Tikka mags. I replaced the floor plate with one compatible with AI and/or MDT mags. Have to trim slightly the bottom of the receiver for the AI mags to fit up in there correctly, but it was no big deal. (you can also trim some off the top of the mags lips if you don't want to touch the receiver). (if you use MDT mags there is no need to modify the receiver and/or magazine).It feeds and runs like a champ now with 77's.

Reactions: coachtech
Extended mags feed like crap in three of my Tikkas, standard 4 round mags feed well. 50 grain to 75 grain bullets.