• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 DBM.. now in hand..

CDiPrecision

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Ok folks. I have the DBM about pinned down. I put one into my T3 and it works nice.

Part in pic isnt anodized but they will be when they are for sale.

The stock will require minor inletting. IT is easy, just a little wider and deeper.

It will use the factory screws.

Price is the same as all my other DBM.

Uses AICS mags.

No Action machining or anything is required.

Pics:
Tikka1.JPG

Tikka2.JPG

Tikka3.JPG

Tikka4.JPG

Tikka5.JPG

Tikka6.JPG

Re: Tikka T3 DBM.. now in hand..

Do you know if these will just be for the 308, 243, ext.. or by chance will they work with the 223 as well.
Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trigger time</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you know if these will just be for the 308, 243, ext.. or by chance will they work with the 223 as well.
Thanks </div></div>
This^^

Also, I am assuming that is a 10 round mag in the pics, how much shorter is the 5 rounder?

The 5 rounder is 2 inches shorter.

I will suggest that they will work with the 223 mags...I dont have a 223 rifle here to test but I forsee no issues

The Max OAL in an unmodded AI mag is 2.850".. With a mo0dded mag it will be 2.950.

the new Morta mag will go 2.985" with no mods
smile.gif

Well send one with a 10 round mag when they are ready to go and I will put it in my manners stock. Should look good. The only reason I am changing is the the 10 round mag.

The only real cheap part of the whole factory rifle is a plastic bottom plate and magazine. It is mad flimsy. A good mag and Bottom metal will make this platform viable and much more durable.
smile.gif
Running parts now
smile.gif

The stock sucks too...but otherwise I agree with you, very nice action, trigger and barrel for a factory rifle

Yeah, the stock aint too bad for a plastic one.. seems pretty stiff compared to a savage plastic stock. I will put something on it soon, have t oscope out who makes one for Tikka.. I think Manners does.. Dont know about McMillan. I know the Wild dog guys make one too..

We can put the T3 into any of our Sako stocks.

send me and email when u get these up and runnign. i have a tikka t3 varmint 223, will this fit it also? i know sounds like a dumb question but i had to ask.

i know you might have already covered it but how much is this gonna run with a 10 rnd mag

The lips of the polymer AI 223 mag are a bit too wide and thus the mag will sit too low. Without modification to either the mag lips, or the action - the rounds will not feed.

I have tested with 7 AI 223 mags and a 223 T3 action out of the stock to verify that this was not just a fluke in one or two mags or the stock/chassis system. The steel AICS mags obviously do not have this problem, but AI does not make steel 223 mags...

-pd

A small amount of trimming on the mag well is not a big issue, especially just knocking off the sharp corners to allow the mag to go up into the rifle. Ill play with my 308 rifle (assuming the action is not alot different than the 223 one)

what is the oal on the ai mags? my tikka mags r 2.350 oal.i wanna reload 75 grn amax's out of it but having issues.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mowen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what is the oal on the ai mags? my tikka mags r 2.350 oal.i wanna reload 75 grn amax's out of it but having issues. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CDiprecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Max OAL in an unmodded AI mag is 2.850".. With a modded mag it will be 2.950. </div></div>.

does anyone know what the max oal is for the polymer ai 223 mags? and will the polymer mags work with the cdi dbm? Thanks

I sent my Manners stock off Saturday for the CDI metal bottom. I can't wait to get it back.

I got my lower from Jeff this week. The work on my Manners stock looks perfect. I'm going to make a steel lug and bed it into the stock.

I would say the AW is a no go, as the Action is bulky on the bottom(not round or open enough to get a double stack mag high enough to pick up rounds).

I have more parts coming in from finishing shortly
wink.gif

I have a Tikka T3 Tac in .223 that I would really like to change over to .308. Is it worth while to do it or just get a .308?

I am interested in your DBM for my .223 anyway if it will let me use any mag but the impossible to fine factory one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: waawaaweenie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Tikka T3 Tac in .223 that I would really like to change over to .308. Is it worth while to do it or just get a .308?

I am interested in your DBM for my .223 anyway if it will let me use any mag but the impossible to fine factory one. </div></div>By the time you bought a barrel and had it rechambered, you could almost buy a new rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hill billy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: waawaaweenie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Tikka T3 Tac in .223 that I would really like to change over to .308. Is it worth while to do it or just get a .308?

I am interested in your DBM for my .223 anyway if it will let me use any mag but the impossible to fine factory one. </div></div>By the time you bought a barrel and had it rechambered, you could almost buy a new rifle. </div></div>

that's kinda what I was thinking

I got my DBM last week and shipped it off to Manners to be inlet in my stock. Got them both back today. Everything fit on the first shot. I am very impressed. Will try to get some pics up later.

Fantastic, now I'm glad I decided not to buy a shitload of factory T3 mags
grin.gif

Will you ship this to Norway?

i know nothing much about bolt actions but it would be cool if some one made something so you could use steel g3 mags with your bolt gun that way you didnt have to give a mint for mags

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i know nothing much about bolt actions but it would be cool if some one made something so you could use steel g3 mags with your bolt gun that way you didnt have to give a mint for mags </div></div>
I'm not sure how practical that would be, as you can see in the pics a 10 round mag is already pushing it length wise. A 20 or 30 round G3 mag could be scraping the ground depending on how low your prone position is, or be more likely to catch on your gear when moving around. But I like the idea, I would be saving alot of money if I could just use some of my issued AG3 mags instead of buying AICS ones..

hk makes factory 10 round g3 mags or if you where feeling froggy buy 20 round aluminum mags and cut them flare the bottems slip the floor plate back on and their ya go 10 round mags. thats how i make 5 round mags for shooting off the bench

just food for though just the though of spending 60 bucks on ump mags it just makes me cringe and they are 25 rounders lol

Has anyone tried their tikka .223's yet just curious if trimming the mags worked and if was reliable or not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bebberson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone tried their tikka .223's yet just curious if trimming the mags worked and if was reliable or not. </div></div>

I trimmed some mags for a RCS, and I have zero problems afters after doing so. I can't imagine it would be any different with CDI's DBM.

-pd

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ptd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bebberson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone tried their tikka .223's yet just curious if trimming the mags worked and if was reliable or not. </div></div>

I trimmed some mags for a RCS, and I have zero problems afters after doing so. I can't imagine it would be any different with CDI's DBM.

-pd </div></div>

Do you have any pics of what you have to do to the mags, to get proper function? Also what model tikka t3 did you do this to, if its the tactical one I got a few questions for ya if you don't mind.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hill billy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_1388.jpg

IMG_1390.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

</div></div>

Are you using an FTE brake on your T3?