• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 in 6br???

TEAMSENDIT

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 22, 2008
    whidbey island
    Well needless to say ever since i first fired the 6br and dasher i have been in love with there inherent accuracy and virtually zero elevation shift shot to shot.

So recently i tried feeding some leftover 6 dasher rounds through my tikka 308 mags and it seemed to work quite well. in fact it had zero misfeeds. I am planning on rebarreling my tikka to 6br 7.7 twist to see how it really performs. This won't be a dedicated match rifle so if it isn't 100% i am not to worried. I do plan on slaying some pdogs with it though this spring.

Has anybody tried this or have any insight as to why this may be a good/bad idea. My thought has been that since the mags are short and single stack that the tikka 5rd 308 mags may just be the best solution available to finally make the 6br a repeater without any modifications.

Re: Tikka T3 in 6br???

Having played with the 6 Dasher and BR for many years, I think your logic with the single stack mag is right on the money. Good luck and keep us up to date.
    smile.gif

Regards,
    Paul