• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka t3 lite vs super lite

fvalmostthere

Private
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2014
My wife has decided to give hunting a try so I am in search of new rifle for her. Pretty decided on the tikka t3 platform in 6.5 creed but unsure about the light vs super lite. Looks like the super lite is a pound lighter and for an extra $300 I could get the threaded muzzle version, but then I worry about bare ears while hunting...

Anyone that has experience with both I would greatly appreciate any info. Want the gun to be light for her but also would like to keep the recoil down!

Get the super lite version. Then get a suppressor for hunting. I will never hunt unsuppressed again.

Reactions: drew_235
I have a thunderbeast en route but I won’t have a serial number till may then the form 3 wait time. I live in Maine so I believe it is allowed but special permission is needed

6.5 won't kick all that much, but i will say my tikka t3x lite 300wsm with a hellfire brake is a total pussycat. i wear my electronic earpro (pro ears 300) when hunting and zero hearing issues.

Either is fine for hunting, but get a limbsaver airtech recoil pad , easy two screw installation, money well spent for her comfort.I would suggest the lite and use the extra money for more stuff ie. Ammo ,glass, good set of rings or mounts.I wish you were closer to Texas you could come by and try both.

Reactions: drew_235
Not worried about the extra $300 and already have glass, if the local cabelas ever gets both in stock we may go down and have her decide. Both are light guns but with the 24 inch barrel on both I wonder if they will be too long?

I have a superlite and lite, although in a different caliber. No way there is a 1# difference due to the fluting.
Personally, I'd get the lite version. Chop and thread the barrel. You be lighter than the superlite and handier. Put a muzzle break on for practice, and take it off for actual hunting. Oh, and this will cost much less than the $300 difference.