• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 project

Boltfluter

Gunny Sergeant
Banned !
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2012
Haines, Oregon
Guys,

I just finished this up for a good customer. Thanks, Andrij. Vortex bolt fluting with coated flutes and a polished bolt body. My Straight Tactical fluting on the barrel. The fluting does not follow the contour and is deeper at the back.The barreled action is coated in Sniper Grey Cerakote. Gotta love the Tikka's. As always, thanks for checking it out.

Regards, Paul

Last edited:
I don't know how tikka makes there barrels but the thin barrels shoot just as good as the bull barrels, I have a t3 lite in 308, just cant bring myself to take it apart and put my bull barrel on it. wanted to build a 243 in the action but man... think ill just buy another t3 and rebarrel it . McMillan stocks are 600$ and you have to bed the thing! this aint going 2 be cheap.. 600 for stock , 500 for gun and 550 to rebarrel .

I don't know how tikka makes there barrels but the thin barrels shoot just as good as the bull barrels, I have a t3 lite in 308, just cant bring myself to take it apart and put my bull barrel on it. wanted to build a 243 in the action but man... think ill just buy another t3 and rebarrel it . McMillan stocks are 600$ and you have to bed the thing! this aint going 2 be cheap.. 600 for stock , 500 for gun and 550 to rebarrel .

Im located in the DFW area in texas and I have a guy named Tony Mccollough who does custom work on tikkas. Hes currently doing a re barrel for me which is actually done and im goin to pick it up tomorrow. Look up if you want, the thread tikka t3 still evolving... but here it is, and youll see a guy who got his done by tony. He shoot competition and 1000 br and shoots tikkas. $550 would be the cost of 2 rifles done by him. Very low price and great work. PM me if you want the info.

That's gorgeous!

And, as if I wasn't already anxious enough for my stock to get here. You just made it worse! :D

Those barrel flutes and the coating... 5/5!! More pictures please.

Any idea where I could buy that coating online..?

So after few months of waiting it is already here Ready for shooting season 2014

Better pics will follow when better weather comes

MoreHERE

Martin

Julie,

Yes, it has 6 flutes.

Paul

Hey Paul, can you give me some details about the flutes? How deep did you start them in the muzzle end and what size milling bit did you use? I live other side of the world so I cant send my rifle to you for you to do it... :D

I was never a real fan of fluted bolts, but I admit that looks awesome!! I'm totally going to get a Tikka one of these days.

AMAN TO THAT.... i own both...243 and 308.....each stainless lites....they both will shoot .3MOA.....why would you mess with a 600$ gun like that..........?????

"AMAN TO THAT.... i own both...243 and 308.....each stainless lites....they both will shoot .3MOA.....why would you mess with a 600$ gun like that..........?????"

Are you getting .3MOA with factory hunting ammo? Or is that with reloads?

So, quick preamble. Sorry for taking so long to post pictures. I was waiting for my stock to arrive from Manners. This was in no way the fault of Manners and they were actually very accommodating of my stupidity in forgetting to respond to their invoice with payment. Now that I have the stock in my hands I can definitely tell it was totally worth the wait. And at long last I can post my completed budget .223 project! [MENTION=62937]Boltfluter[/MENTION] I promised I would get you them soon!

Attachments

• IMG_0411.jpg
    IMG_0411.jpg
    866.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0412.JPG
    IMG_0412.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0413.jpg
    IMG_0413.jpg
    750.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0415.jpg
    IMG_0415.jpg
    746.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0416.jpg
    IMG_0416.jpg
    756.3 KB · Views: 66
So, quick preamble. Sorry for taking so long to post pictures. I was waiting for my stock to arrive from Manners. This was in no way the fault of Manners and they were actually very accommodating of my stupidity in forgetting to respond to their invoice with payment. Now that I have the stock in my hands I can definitely tell it was totally worth the wait. And at long last I can post my completed budget .223 project! [MENTION=62937]Boltfluter[/MENTION] I promised I would get you them soon!

Andrij,

Very nice. That is an awesome looking rifle. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Best Regards,
Paul