• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

after much debating and searching. I found a deal today I couldn’t pass up a 24” T3X CTR stainless for $952.00 out the door...bought it on the spot... I am a huge fan of my T1x and I figured now I’d have a full size to match my .22... I see that brownells have KRG stocks and KRG as well but I’m trying to buy a pair of bravos one for each... does anyone know if they ever go on sale (I know they’re a good deal, but I like to try to make my money stretch as far as possible)?
One just came up for sale today and was already sold. It was a great deal.

One just came up for sale today and was already sold. It was a great deal.

I saw it come up, I debated messaging him but in the end I’m looking for a black stock that takes CTR mags. I weighed buying it but if I bought it, painted it, and got a couple mags to fit I would be in it more than if I had just bought a new one.

I saw it come up, I debated messaging him but in the end I’m looking for a black stock that takes CTR mags. I weighed buying it but if I bought it, painted it, and got a couple mags to fit I would be in it more than if I had just bought a new one.

I saw it too, but it looks like it wasn't that great of a deal compared to just buying it right from KRG at regular price

Reactions: DTJB
I saw it too, but it looks like it wasn't that great of a deal compared to just buying it right from KRG at regular price
I added the PX to my watch list and have been obsessively checking it every 30min to hour 😂 just saw a manners come up to fit a CTR with CTR mags if anybody is looking For one and hasn’t seen it yet. The KRG new shipped to my door is $400 flat and if I don’t find what I’m looking for this week I’ll probably just go ahead and buy it new. Just have to finish an engine job at home to fund it!🛠

I added the PX to my watch list and have been obsessively checking it every 30min to hour 😂 just saw a manners come up to fit a CTR with CTR mags if anybody is looking For one and hasn’t seen it yet. The KRG new shipped to my door is $400 flat and if I don’t find what I’m looking for this week I’ll probably just go ahead and buy it new. Just have to finish an engine job at home to fund it!🛠
Can't forget our time is worth something, even if it's not much!

Yeah if you want to use CTR mag, that makes sense.

New Tikka deer getter in 6.5x47. Manners EHT, HVH bottom metal, 22' Hardy varmint contour, NF 4-16. 10.1lb sans Atlas. 130gr JLK @ 2840fps

IMG_3694.jpg

So I did order a bravo, my question is do I need to keep anything off my CTR other than my mags? I’m assuming it has the mag release, and I don’t need bottom metal or action screws... the reason I ask is because I don’t like to assume, assumption is the mother of all f***ups. Secondly whatever is left of my CTR is up for sale, never even been fired. Had the stock off to install an elay trigger spring and torqued it back down to 40inlbs, which is what I had to set my wheeler screwdriver to pull them out at. Any idea what it’s worth? I did peel the stickers off. I see one was for sale for $100 shipped would that be fair? The rest of the posts I’ve seen do not have a price listed anymore.

So I did order a bravo, my question is do I need to keep anything off my CTR other than my mags? I’m assuming it has the mag release, and I don’t need bottom metal or action screws... the reason I ask is because I don’t like to assume, assumption is the mother of all f***ups. Secondly whatever is left of my CTR is up for sale, never even been fired. Had the stock off to install an elay trigger spring and torqued it back down to 40inlbs, which is what I had to set my wheeler screwdriver to pull them out at. Any idea what it’s worth? I did peel the stickers off. I see one was for sale for $100 shipped would that be fair? The rest of the posts I’ve seen do not have a price listed anymore.

If you have a CTR Tikka, you only need that magazine from that rifle, KRG Bravo chassis has the new screws.
What i know and have seen, that CTR magazine sloppy fitting can help by doing this, simple and efective, that problem it seems to have in all the stock there basically is.

Bought that Manners.

Sweet! I really liked it myself, just not what I’m after at this point, plus my wallet was starting to smoke while I was looking at it.
I guess I should say, a Manner. Not sure it’s the same one. My T3X lite is getting an upgrade.

If anyone here had removed the factory pic rail from a Tikka T3(x) action, what material do you use to clean the "glue/bedding material" left over on the rail bottom and top of action. Thanks.

I put my 6.5CM T3 action into a T3X Tac A1 chassis. Loading 140Gr American Gunner into the CTR mags, the rim sits too far back for the bolt to consistently grab. Anyone else gone through this? Ideas? Dremel a notch in the front lip on the follower to keep the rounds from being pushed back in the mag?

Attachments

• IMG_20200620_131433.jpg
    IMG_20200620_131433.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20200620_131452.jpg
    IMG_20200620_131452.jpg
    339.8 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20200620_131513.jpg
    IMG_20200620_131513.jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 114
I put my 6.5CM T3 action into a T3X Tac A1 chassis. Loading 140Gr American Gunner into the CTR mags, the rim sits too far back for the bolt to consistently grab. Anyone else gone through this? Ideas? Dremel a notch in the front lip on the follower to keep the rounds from being pushed back in the mag?
Take out your bolt stop and file the bolt stop a little bit more so the bolt can come back further which would allow it to pick up the cartridges. The ctr bolt stops allow the bolt to travel rear words a little more than the T3 lites. It would take only a couple minutes.

Reactions: 308ftWIN
Take out your bolt stop and file the bolt stop a little bit more so the bolt can come back further which would allow it to pick up the cartridges. The ctr bolt stops allow the bolt to travel rear words a little more than the T3 lites. It would take only a couple minutes.

I'll look into this. Thanks!

does anyone know where to get a tikka ctr firing pin spring and how to change them ? I have around 3000 rounds through my tikka and just wondering how long they last

If anyone here had removed the factory pic rail from a Tikka T3(x) action, what material do you use to clean the "glue/bedding material" left over on the rail bottom and top of action. Thanks.
Anyone has experience with this?

Anyone has experience with this?

What I´ve read (not done), is that you should soak it in for a day or two with a thin penetrating oil and then use heat.

Some guys who have done it successfully recommended using a flat iron for the heat.

I myself just used a scope mount with 20MOA angle and didn´t touch the original picca rail.

Last edited:
What I´ve read (not done), is that you should soak it in for a day or two with a thin penetrating oil and then use heat.

Some guys who have done it successfully recommended using a flat iron for the heat.

I myself just used a scope mount with 20MOA angle and didn´t touch the original picca rail.
Thanks Jayjay. I already removed the rail. I just want to know how to clean off the residue stuck on the top of the action. I could scrape it off with a razor but that will scratch the surface as I did the bottom of the rail.

Oh, ok. :cool:

Well, it is some kind of glue, temperature might make it fluid again.

Thanks Jayjay. I already removed the rail. I just want to know how to clean off the residue stuck on the top of the action. I could scrape it off with a razor but that will scratch the surface as I did the bottom of the rail.
A razor is the ticket. It shouldn't scratch anything.

Reactions: Graywolf.260
A razor is the ticket. It shouldn't scratch anything.
Ok i will try the razor on the action. I tried the razor on the bottom of the pic rail and it removed the coating and exposed the aluminum. That made me hesitate to try on the action.

Ok i will try the razor on the action. I tried the razor on the bottom of the pic rail and it removed the coating and exposed the aluminum. That's made me hesirate to try on the action.
Do a small spot where the Base or ring would cover it just in case. I didn’t have an issue on mine.

Alright tikka guys. Put my factory action to the test at the Steel Safari in Logan NM this weekend. Three days in 100 degree heat with caliche dust blowing in the 15-30 mph winds. I’ve been there on three previous occasions, all with triggertech triggers. On the night of the second day, cleaning up the bolt and chamber, noticed the trigger had turned into a 5-6 pound affair. Luckily I had a spare, pulled the barreled action out of the krg and swapped them out. I have not cleaned up the original trigger yet but it has me a bit worried. I have shot quite a few Timneys in the past with great luck and durability. Looking for some input on that line of thinking. Tried the Midas and did not like it. I need something I can trust or it’s on to something R700 compatible

Is this a factory trigger or a Timney that you had trouble with?

Im running a Timeny two stage in my Tikka T3.

Ive shot several 2 day matches and several multi day classes in Colorado and Utah desesert winds ever the past three summers with no faliures and not needed to clean trigger during the events. I do keep a can Ronson lighter fluid in cleaning kit at all times just in case...

Reactions: Billiam1211
Im running a Timeny two stage in my Tikka T3.

Ive shot several 2 day matches and several multi day classes in Colorado and Utah desesert winds ever the past three summers with no faliures and not needed to clean trigger during the events. I do keep a can Ronson lighter fluid in cleaning kit at all times just in case...
I’ve got the timney installed and gonna give it a go

@viking78 do you still have a CTR in 223?
Are you able to tell me the max COAL the 223 CTR mags allow?
Hoping it's more than the standard 223 mags.

Reactions: viking78
It had to happen sooner or later !!

It's not as if I bent the ear of every Beretta Rep and Tikka spokesman for the last two years for merchandise with the Tikka Logo...
The Beretta merchandising catalog is second only to Harley-Davidson for trinkets and other "stuff" for sale...

ETA: WTF !?!?!?!?! It's all priced in Euro's ?!?!?!?!

Last edited:
It had to happen sooner or later !!

It's not as if I bent the ear of every Beretta Rep and Tikka spokesman for the last two years for merchandise with the Tikka Logo...
The Beretta merchandising catalog is second only to Harley-Davidson for trinkets and other "stuff" for sale...

ETA: WTF !?!?!?!?! It's all priced in Euro's ?!?!?!?!
I don't mind it being in euros. They are a Finnish company so it makes sense.

The only place to find the flashlight holder that I use is from Europe. Originally found in the US but not anymore. It shipped DHL and was faster to me in utah from the Netherlands than usps was from NY (within the last week).

Yes i have, but i dont have it in CTR mag chassis.
I run it on Bravo and AICS mags.
But i can ask from friend of mine, that hi do measure the max col on CTR mag.

Do you prefer the AICS mags or just use them out of necessity?
I really like the CTR mags.

Reactions: DROWN
43E2971B-4084-4B23-B55D-7EABDC739D26.jpeg

Bravo came in today, after the kids and wife went to bed I had to put it together! I know, looks like every other stainless CTR in a black bravo, but I dig it. 24” 6.5, gamma VG6.308 brake, vortex diamondback 6-24x50 (plan on moving it to my T1x when funds allow me to go another step up in glass)...I believe the KRG would be an ok stock to hunt with, the whole set up is a little heavy but manageable I suppose.

I have some CTR .223 mags. Not sure what you want measured

What is the internal length of the magazine?
The standard 223 mags are rather short and stop me being able to seat 75gr+ bullets nearer the lands.

I'm hoping the 223 CTR mags allow a longer COAL than the standard mags.

What is the internal length of the magazine?
The standard 223 mags are rather short and stop me being able to seat 75gr+ bullets nearer the lands.

I'm hoping the 223 CTR mags allow a longer COAL than the standard mags.

My friend did measure the lenght, it takes nearly 69mm long ammo inside.
So it is about 2,7"

Anyone have have an e mail link to Tikka / anyone knowledgeable about shooting ? Just a simple question to see if they ever plan to offer their T 3 TAC in 6 CM.
If not, then I'll start from scratch with a LH action and go from there

Or if you are rough like me you can fit a cardboard spacer in the back of the magazine.
Can confirm it works well, even in extremely wet conditions.

Wouldn't recommend as a long term solution though

Can anyone say if one or the other of MDT vs Ruger .223 AICS mags worked well with their T3 in an AICS mag chassis?

Over the last couple years now we've had multiple (hundreds, thousands maybe) requests from the Tikka crowd to answer the need for two things:

1. Sort out the ability to alter the bolt face on the T3.
2. Offer OEM quality T3 replacement bolts.

Well....that box is now being checked. A big ol truckload of steel is due to be delivered very soon so that the production growing pains can be sorted out. The bulk of the engineering work is already done.

So, I hope you all were serious cause they are coming!

Fall, 2020.
This is great news.

What type of steel will you be using for the bolt bodies? As I understand it, all factory Tikka bolt bodies are stainless steel. I've tended to stay away from the stainless Tikka models out of concern about the stainless action and stainless bolt combination. An option of replacing the bolt body with a chromoly steel version would be good.

This is great news.

What type of steel will you be using for the bolt bodies? As I understand it, all factory Tikka bolt bodies are stainless steel. I've tended to stay away from the stainless Tikka models out of concern about the stainless action and stainless bolt combination. An option of replacing the bolt body with a chromoly steel version would be good.
What concern? Galling? You think Tikka haven't thought about that with the number of actions that are out there? I've also never heard of an action and bolt seizing up. Also why would you be running a gun completely unlubed? What about all of the other actions that are made out of stainless? Not to mention the stainless barrels threaded into stainless actions.