• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

Just swapped mine today.

Turns out it wasn't the nut portion that needed to be punched out - that just came straight out. On mine, it was the unthreaded section, originally on the RHS, where the thumbwheel recesses into, that had to be punched out.

It was pretty securely in there - took slightly more force than I was expecting.

Just noting here in case anyone else comes to try theirs and thinks something's wrong ... if so, this might be one of the rare times where "use a bigger hammer" is actually good advice. :)

Reactions: Fanon
CE81E95C-635D-42AE-A4A4-965CF2B70F74.jpeg
747D605D-93BF-493A-8E37-4C1526B25664.jpeg

They are a little more expensive but worth it.
Besides the factory CTR rail they are one of the lowest profiles I've seen.

View attachment 7682186
How difficult was it to remove the rail? I have a t3 tactical and thinking about swapping it out. Are you running low or medium ARCs with the area 419? Thanks
I've used multiple brand pic rails on multiple tikka's over the years and nothing came close to the fit and finish of the Area 419.
They are a little more expensive but worth it.
Besides the factory CTR rail they are one of the lowest profiles I've seen.

View attachment 7682186
How difficult was it to remove the rail? I have a t3 tactical and thinking about swapping it out. Are you running low or medium ARCs with the area 419? Thanks

I think it will be brutal. I tried on a CTR, and from what I was told on arf.com, you need to apply heat. I gave up, for now.

I think it will be brutal. I tried on a CTR, and from what I was told on arf.com, you need to apply heat. I gave up, for now.
Clothes iron works. I didn't do it myself but it is in this thread.

Reactions: JohnCarter17

I used one of the micro butane torches to take one of mine off and yes it takes a little prying to break the goop loose. Removing the rail was fairly easy cleaning the goop off took some time,acetone and elbow grease.

The ones pictured in the previous post are lows on the Mark5 3.6-18-44 with 35mm tube.

These are the m10 lows on a VX6 HD with 30mm tube and 50 obj. sitting on the factory ctr rail.
IMG_0874.jpg

Last edited:
I was at the lgs the other day and saw an MDT Oryx with a CTR magazine in it. I asked them and they said they had done some mods but couldn't remember what they had done exactly.

Has any of the Oryx owners here tried to get them running with CTR mags?

selling my jae chassis, if anyone didnt see on the px. Looking to move to a krg whiskey 3 fixed setup to change to a lightened rig.

Details on this rifle, scope, rings, and weight please?
300WM cut to 21.75
Threaded to 9/16x24
Barreled action is Colt Coyote cerakote
Bolt is fluted and Sniper grey
BC stock
Talley rings
Vortex LHT 3-15x44
542FD569-6EA8-4489-B58F-CB0C85E47F19.jpeg

Weight includes a Bultler creek mountain sling and a 3rd empty mag.

8#14oz with my omega direct threaded

Last edited:
Reactions: JakeM and Bakwa
That's a good looking rifle
Thanks! It’s been my main hunting gun since 2014. It’s seen Ak, WY, Co, Tx, and Wisconsin so far. It just got a face lift from @LongRifles Inc. (Barrel cut/thread/Bolt fluting/Cerakote). The barreled action and bolt have been Colt coyote since 2014. I don’t remember who did that coating.

Reactions: davsco
300WM cut to 21.75
Threaded to 9/16x24
Barreled action is Colt Coyote cerakote
Bolt is fluted and Sniper grey
BC stock
Talley rings
Vortex LHT 3-15x44
View attachment 7687500
Weight includes a Bultler creek mountain sling and a 3rd empty mag.

8#14oz with my omega direct threaded
Nice rifle. I have a Dominus in jail, it will go on my Tikka hunting rifle.

Depending on what I can get for my other rifle, I’m interested in purchasing a Tikka T3x TAC A1.

problem is, no one has any in stock( except that scam site rainersec).

Any thoughts where I could find one new? Not decided on caliber yet.

Reactions: AustinTom
Depending on what I can get for my other rifle, I’m interested in purchasing a Tikka T3x TAC A1.

problem is, no one has any in stock( except that scam site rainersec).

Any thoughts where I could find one new? Not decided on caliber yet.
2 here, https://www.eurooptic.com/tikka-t3x...LWIzMDAtYjc4ZjAwYTE1ZTcy_MQ&o=1&p=1&i=48&d=48

I would keep checking EO, gun deals (search for the SKU# you want) and gun broker. Check every day and be ready to buy when you see what you want. Euro Optic is excellent to deal with.

From parts to a complete rifle, less than ten minutes.
So satisfying.

Attachments

• AE120862-74DE-491C-A0B9-E8BA6787218F.jpeg
    AE120862-74DE-491C-A0B9-E8BA6787218F.jpeg
    773 KB · Views: 93
  • C381A1DD-B9A8-4681-93EF-F7A7FEEC2694.jpeg
    C381A1DD-B9A8-4681-93EF-F7A7FEEC2694.jpeg
    936.2 KB · Views: 93
Is there room under a TAC A1 hand guard for a barrel swap using a barrel nut system ? OR are the after market barrels that advertise as shouldered pre fits really trouble free ? Wham Bam out with the old in with the new

So, I went through all my mounted scopes, focused diopters and sharpie marked them.

Sporter Bifrost Optika6.jpg

Sporter just waiting for me to get my ass to the range.
T3 Sporter 308 24", restocked in GRS Bifrost (brown). Mountain Tactical bottom metal, 20 MOA rail, bolt shroud.
Meopta Optika6 5x30 MRAD reticle w/ Talley Modern Sporter Med rings (1.069, oops a bit too high), Vortex caps. Holland level.
Atlas BT46-NC PSR on Henderson Precision 3" ARCA w/ 419 clamp

Last edited:
Are there any good T3 stocks under 300?
A KRG Bravo for at Tikka T3 / T3X is $ 369.00 purchased direct from KRG. There may be some wood stocks that are less expensive, but I have been happy with my Bravo.
There will be used stocks in the EE and you might be able to score a pre owned Bravo for your budgetary $ amount if you jump on it quickly.

So, I went through all my mounted scopes, focused diopters and sharpie marked them.

View attachment 7688542

Sporter just waiting for me to get my ass to the range.
T3 Sporter 308 24", restocked in GRS Bifrost (brown). Mountain Tactical bottom metal, 20 MOA rail, bolt shroud.
Meopta Optika6 5x30 MRAD reticle w/ Talley Modern Sporter Med rings (1.069, oops a bit too high), Vortex caps. Holland level.
Atlas BT46-NC PSR on Henderson Precision 3" ARCA w/ 419 clamp
Do you like the Bifrost?
I am really happy with mine.

Attachments

• 20210513_153844.jpg
    20210513_153844.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: jolli68 and Frankr
Had the new IBI 300wsm barrel fitted / chambered up.All it needs now is some cerakote on the bolt / barrel tennon and it's done but that'll have to wait. Keen as fuck to shoot this , overall very happy.
CTR mags are feeding flawlessly with the 300wsm
20210804_111716.jpg

Had the new IBI 300wsm barrel fitted / chambered up.All it needs now is some cerakote on the bolt / barrel tennon and it's done but that'll have to wait. Keen as fuck to shoot this , overall very happy.
CTR mags are feeding flawlessly with the 300wsm View attachment 7689221
Looks great, did you have to tweak the feed lips any to feed reliably?

Yeah , played around back and forth with the feed lips till it was perfect and still clicked into the magwell without force . Tedious but doable

Reactions: viking78
CTR mags are feeding flawlessly with the 300wsm View attachment 7689221
It looks good as is !
I do love a sponge camo on a Sako Green Bravo Stock though...

Good shooting.
How do the velocities compare from the OEM Barrel to the Criterion barrel ?

Thanks. I would say the factory barrels are slower, but my experience was not really an apples to apples comparison given the extra 6" of barrel length. With the stock 20" 11tw ctr barrel I was struggling to break 2600fps with 175 SMKs before seeing pressure signs and a plateau in velocity. With the 26" 10tw criterion I'm at a node of 2765-2770 with zero pressure signs.

Reactions: Charlie112
Thanks. I would say the factory barrels are slower, but my experience was not really an apples to apples comparison given the extra 6" of barrel length. With the stock 20" 11tw ctr barrel I was struggling to break 2600fps with 175 SMKs before seeing pressure signs and a plateau in velocity. With the 26" 10tw criterion I'm at a node of 2765-2770 with zero pressure signs.
6" of barrel will add that much velocity - that works out to just under 30fps per inch.

Well now I have a fun choice

Either get the in Tact A1 in 260 Remington now or wait and get it in 6.5mm Creedmoor.

Would mainly be used for bench rest shooting and possibly competitive if my son maintains interest. I’m too old for prone shooting😁

Well now I have a fun choice

Either get the in Tact A1 in 260 Remington now or wait and get it in 6.5mm Creedmoor.

Would mainly be used for bench rest shooting and possibly competitive if my son maintains interest. I’m too old for prone shooting😁
Are you going to handload or shoot factory ammo ?
Handloading - Brass is the only difference between the two - they use the same bullets, powder & primers so take your pick
Factory Ammo - the CM will have the edge with availability and variety over the .260.

Is there room under a TAC A1 hand guard for a barrel swap using a barrel nut system ? OR are the after market barrels that advertise as shouldered pre fits really trouble free ? Wham Bam out with the old in with the new
Lots of postings telling of different barrels , but no one cares to comment on the above ?

Lots of postings telling of different barrels , but no one cares to comment on the above ?
Go for a shouldered prefit. No issues with mine, bought from a guy on here and put it on my Tikka action, headspaced just like on his action (fired brass was identical).

For the Tikka experts here- Can anyone tell me if the bottom metal and mags from a T3X CTR 308 will fit on a T3X Battue 308?

It doesnt look promising. The rifle from tikkas website looks to share the standard t3x bottom metal, not the CTR. The actions can be interchanged without too much fuss There may be a needed mag retention spring, depending on what way you want to switch, but the stocks wont interchange with their different bottom metal inlets. If you wanted to run CTR bottom metal you would want to get a CTR stock and bottom metal purchased and move your barreled action over to it.

How about what Raffy suggested. Can I take the Battue 308 barreled action and use a CTR stock and bottom metal and set the Battue in those -would this work ?

How about what Raffy suggested. Can I take the Battue 308 barreled action and use a CTR stock and bottom metal and set the Battue in those -would this work ?
Yes. All t3x actions are the same footprint.

There was some discussion about different fits on page 197. One response I posted should help.

You are asking 3 questions at once.

Will the barreled action fit? Yes. Hence viking78's response above.

Will the ctr magazine fit into the bottom metal of the super varmint? No. Pic is lite bottom metal in a ctr stock.

IMG_0375a.jpg

Can you feed the ctr barreled action with the super varmint bottom metal and 308 magazine? Yes.

Now you have info so you can make your own decision.

Last edited:
So I had a pile of spare parts. All of them from different rifles.
I decided to clean off the workbench and noticed all I was missing was a stripped action.
Well, after months of bothering a dealer on another forum about a stripped action, he came through.
Pictures tell a story faster than words.
The target is four shots at 100yards. Some leftover target loads from a friends match rifle. first two on the left, adjusted and shot the second two.
I’ll be keeping this spare parts rifle.
The scope is a Minox ZE5i 2-10x50 that has been sitting idle for years. Literally sitting in a shelf covered in dust.

Attachments

• DB290379-5423-4B80-9A27-AEF5033F739E.jpeg
    DB290379-5423-4B80-9A27-AEF5033F739E.jpeg
    773 KB · Views: 85
  • DB4E5520-5EA2-4931-8F66-08094A757644.jpeg
    DB4E5520-5EA2-4931-8F66-08094A757644.jpeg
    936.2 KB · Views: 87
  • F845AF80-0BFC-4517-BAF9-81F4E7830AEB.jpeg
    F845AF80-0BFC-4517-BAF9-81F4E7830AEB.jpeg
    549.2 KB · Views: 96
  • F22DEA71-4562-424D-B975-DF961B1D6AB2.jpeg
    F22DEA71-4562-424D-B975-DF961B1D6AB2.jpeg
    502.9 KB · Views: 90
  • C6FA01E0-7BCF-4611-BDEC-B8F811C4CB47.jpeg
    C6FA01E0-7BCF-4611-BDEC-B8F811C4CB47.jpeg
    617.8 KB · Views: 93
Not sure specifically on TAC A1 stock, but I have a Southern Precision Rifles Bugnut that works well with KRG Bravo. The bugnut is pretty low profile IMO.