• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

My Tikka T3x KRG BRAVO, vision forend, 26 inch proof comp contour 7 twist chambered in 25 creedmoor, NF ATACR 4-16x50, silencer tech single baffle can, factory trigger with yo Dave spring, sterk swag. It’s a great budget match rifle.

Attachments

• 421C44BF-F132-49C4-A57D-261C0F222E2E.jpeg
    421C44BF-F132-49C4-A57D-261C0F222E2E.jpeg
    552.8 KB · Views: 192
Question For the guys that put their CTR in a Bravo. Did you switch to AICS mags or stick with CTR mags? Any benefits to either besides cost?
I stuck with my CTR mags with my 6.5 Creedmoor Tikka. They've worked well for me. But I've heard from others that AICS mags work well, too. If you have other brand rifles that take AICS mags of similar type cartridge (.308), that would be the more versatile choice.

AICS gives you compatibility across multiple platforms and the ability to run more than 10 rounds if needed. Most of us have Tikkas along with R700s and/or shoot competitively, so both of those things can be advantageous depending on your intended use.

If you need/want dedicated mags and never need more than 10 round capacity, the Tikka mags are fine.

I went with AICS and glad I did as when I re-barreled it in 6 Dasher I needed the primalrights BR kits and I don’t know any conversion kit available for a CTR mag. Besides if you ever upgrade the bravo to a MDT or MPA and so forth, it will take AICS mags.

The CTR mags can be had direct from Beretta on Black Friday for $45-50 if you buy enough of them.

Does anyone know what size e-clip is on the factory trigger? The one that hold the safety lever in place.

It seems the AICS mags are a long term buy. I’m not too deep into this style shooting, but based my my experience so far, I’ll be balls deep before I know it. Probably going to go with AICS mags just for future compatibility.

Thanks y’all

Fantastic! What's the stock/chassis?
I put a KRG folding buttstock on my TRG then used the leftover TRG buttstock on a Bravo CTR forend with a CTR .223. I had to mill out the TRG buttstock under the tang a little bit to get it to fit flush. The TRG bipod fits on the bravo so it’s a great trainer.
110606CC-D986-4E66-BA9A-32B2500DC820.jpeg

Last edited:
sold my superlight for a 223 CTR. I kept upgrading the lite to get closer and closer to the CTR by threading the barrel, adding a CTR bolt handle, 6-shot varmint mags, etc, but it just made more sense to get the ctr, rather than to keep putting money into the lite.
Decided to treat myself to a manners like I've always wanted, and she’s ready to roll.

Old

cCRALzW.jpg

New
dmgxNZc.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the ARC center feed AICS mags in your KRG/Tikka? Just got a Bravo and trying to decide on mags. I've read through this thread and it appears the typical metal AI's work, magpul's don't w/o mod lips, MDT metal and poly work but saw poly are loose. So just AI metal?

Has anyone tried the ARC center feed AICS mags in your KRG/Tikka? Just got a Bravo and trying to decide on mags. I've read through this thread and it appears the typical metal AI's work, magpul's don't w/o mod lips, MDT metal and poly work but saw poly are loose. So just AI metal?
Accurate mags also work. They are the ones KRG sells.

That's what's in my Cadex/Tikka pictured above. Seems to work reliably so far. I'd imagine the KRG chassis should work just fine with it.

Reactions: valsport
As mentioned, Cadex Field Competition using the AICS mag well insert, Sterk AI style bolt handle, ARC M-brace 1.5" height 30 moa mount, and Ergo 0° grip.
Thanks, gives me a few ideas. Already got a Sterk bolt handle and shroud. Eventually will rebarrel and may try a different chassis then. I don't suppose those ergo gross fit in the factory TAC A1 chassis?

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
Thanks, gives me a few ideas. Already got a Sterk bolt handle and shroud. Eventually will rebarrel and may try a different chassis then. I don't suppose those ergo gross fit in the factory TAC A1 chassis?
It does and it works quite well. I hated the factory Tikka grip so much. The Sterk handle is also nice and im really glad I picked one up. I went to the cadex because I was having rust issues with the OG chassis (all the steel parts on the chassis but not gun). I just got tired dealing it popping back up everytime I took it out in the early morning (condensation). You'll notice the OEM scope base is still on there too. That's because it seems to work fine with other stocks/looks fine and because I'm scared from hearing the horror stories of getting them off 😂
Old pic with the grip on there from when I had my garbage tripod head.
20210104_162419.jpg

It does and it works quite well. I hated the factory Tikka grip so much. The Sterk handle is also nice and im really glad I picked one up. I went to the cadex because I was having rust issues with the OG chassis (all the steel parts on the chassis but not gun). I just got tired dealing it popping back up everytime I took it out in the early morning (condensation). You'll notice the OEM scope base is still on there too. That's because it seems to work fine with other stocks/looks fine and because I'm scared from hearing the horror stories of getting them off 😂
View attachment 7810935
Soldering iron on screws and clothes iron or heat gun work well. Been mentioned multiple times here.

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
View attachment 7810935
I've heard about rusting from a few others. I've treated mine with ACF50 so hopefully that will keep it at bay. Just range shooting here but if it rains you get wet! I'll have to give the Ergo a go, I'm not that keen on the factory one either. I've got some neoprene stuck to the cheek piece but it's very hard to keep it from unsticking on a curve!

Can anyone compare the COAL space of a 223 CTR mag to a 223 AICS mag? Which has more space?

New glass, new barrel, new bipod. Range report later tomorrow View attachment 7806221
Doh.. forgot to update this post.

It's one of the new Osprey prefits from PVA. Shot ~60 rounds through it that weekend. The barrel shot good for being brand new. I'm confident it'll be a consistent 1/2" gun once the barrel gets settled in and I have a new load worked up for it.

820XN0q.jpg

Has anyone opened up the barrel channel on a factory CTR stock to accept a proof CF barrel??

I got a deal on a CTR and am considering putting my proof barrel on it, but dont feel like spending the $ on a new stock.

Doh.. forgot to update this post.

It's one of the new Osprey prefits from PVA. Shot ~60 rounds through it that weekend. The barrel shot good for being brand new. I'm confident it'll be a consistent 1/2" gun once the barrel gets settled in and I have a new load worked up for it.

820XN0q.jpg
What do you mean shot well for being new? Do they not shoot good at first and then improve?

Yeah, probably not worded the best. Still shooting ammo I had loaded for the factory barrel. No break in "procedure", just shooting and the last couple new rifles/barrels I've had shot consitently better after ~100 rounds.

Reactions: Gogga and Sako man
Yeah, probably not worded the best. Still shooting ammo I had loaded for the factory barrel. No break in "procedure", just shooting and the last couple new rifles/barrels I've had shot consitently better after ~100 rounds.
Is this really a thing? Anyone else confirm? I have heard that barrels speed up, but I have wondered if they get more accurate. I have heard about barrels settling in. So I really am curious is this is a real phenomenon.

Accuracy international Tikka AICS chassis is in the works.
Anyone hear any more news since it dropped at SHOT ?

Attachments

• Resized_Screenshot_20220122-105520_YouTube_13397394851711.jpeg
    Resized_Screenshot_20220122-105520_YouTube_13397394851711.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Love
Reactions: Sako man
If it’s anything like the AT-X release I wouldn’t hold your breath. It will start shipping eventually.

They still have back orders for full rifles and R700 chassis to fulfill…

I’ve run ARC mags in a Tikka Bravo as well as a Manners Tikka Mini-chassis and they fed flawlessly.

Reactions: valsport