• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

Any recommendations for hunting/classic style stocks for T3 Lite, with a very high comb?

German Gun Stock Reaper or Ranger. My son has a T3 Lite in a Ranger in the first picture.
BMUT8158.JPG

OXSU4036.JPG
20210116_133038.jpg

Reactions: BigBabyMoses06
^^ Both beautiful stocks.

My 223 is almost done. Just want a bigger bolt handle. You'll notice I removed the rubber butt pad. Prefer a shorter LOP and it was getting snagged on my jacket n such. Busshy match pro is nice and clear. Clearer than my old Elite Tac ERS.

FMZyF6Sh.jpg
I'm planning on getting a 223 CTR and putting it in a Bravo also. Nice pic, not many around of that particular setup.
What mag did you go with? I'm tempted to go with the CTR mag because the rifle comes with one and they seem to be very nice mags, my only question is which allows for the longest overall length between the CTR and AICS 223 mags?

I'm planning on getting a 223 CTR and putting it in a Bravo also. Nice pic, not many around of that particular setup.
What mag did you go with? I'm tempted to go with the CTR mag because the rifle comes with one and they seem to be very nice mags, my only question is which allows for the longest overall length between the CTR and AICS 223 mags?

I picked up 2 MDT mags new off ebay. They seem good, though they rock forward and backwards a little which concerning. I have not function checked them yet. Ruger makes a magazine too that should work. I have both for my 6.5cm. https://grabagun.com/ruger-ai-poly-mag-10rd-5-56.html I'm on the hunt for a metal mag as well that wont break the bank. I'll try a magpul mag if I can find a cheap one to test with. I've read mixed reviews. Works on some, but not all I guess?

As for OAL, honestly I have no idea sorry.

I picked up 2 MDT mags new off ebay. They seem good, though they rock forward and backwards a little which concerning. I have not function checked them yet. Ruger makes a magazine too that should work. I have both for my 6.5cm. https://grabagun.com/ruger-ai-poly-mag-10rd-5-56.html I'm on the hunt for a metal mag as well that wont break the bank. I'll try a magpul mag if I can find a cheap one to test with. I've read mixed reviews. Works on some, but not all I guess?

As for OAL, honestly I have no idea sorry.
Magpul AICS 308 magazines don't work with the bottom of the tikka action without shaving down the area next to the feed lips. Some have done it before but it makes it more likely to break off the feedlips.

Might be better to stick with other companies polymer magazines or metal magazines.

There is also some adjustment available in the magazine well fitment in the bravo.

Reactions: BigBabyMoses06
Magpul AICS 308 magazines don't work with the bottom of the tikka action without shaving down the area next to the feed lips. Some have done it before but it makes it more likely to break off the feedlips.

Might be better to stick with other companies polymer magazines or metal magazines.

There is also some adjustment available in the magazine well fitment in the bravo.
you can also mill out the bottom of the reciever and open it up for plastic mags.

nice to run 5rd mags for hunting to keep weight down.

aics vs CTR.. anyone run a 6br with CTR mags?

you can also mill out the bottom of the reciever and open it up for plastic mags.

I played with CTR mags for my 22BR, but I would need a different follower. Someone with a 3D printer may be able to make soming that would work.

I use the Ruger 308 Multi mag in my AICS bottom metal for hunting 👍 Needs a bit of trimming to fit high enough in the Tikka feed port. But once home only the mag butt plate is below the stock.

Mag holds 3 rnds & comes with a clip on dirt cover, handy if carrying in a pocket. Being polymer it weighs next to nothing.

Makeover time.
Swapping out my factory 24" CTR barrel for a Bartlein 18.5" 1/8 , 6.5 CM upgrade . Thinking Fluted Sendero (6 flutes) and a Midas 2 stage from KRG.
For ATV hunting in north Texas. Mounting a Bushnell 4.5-18 LRHSi / Spuhr combo as well.

Before pic :

Attachments

• 20220120_203422~3.jpg
    20220120_203422~3.jpg
    546.5 KB · Views: 183
Makeover time.
Swapping out my factory 24" CTR barrel for a Bartlein 18.5" 1/8 , 6.5 CM upgrade . Thinking Fluted Sendero (6 flutes) and a Midas 2 stage from KRG.
For ATV hunting in north Texas. Mounting a Bushnell 4.5-18 LRHSi / Spuhr combo as well.

Before pic :
I will always love the krg chassis. Loved mine on my last rifle but sold it for reasons. Now coming back to the bolt boi game and will eventually put a tikka ctr in one.

Reactions: TacticalPlinker
I will always love the krg chassis. Loved mine on my last rifle but sold it for reasons. Now coming back to the bolt boi game and will eventually put a tikka ctr in one.
KRG Whiskey 3 is definitely a unicorn at the range. Never seen anyone using them except for very occasional PRS style comps. Still my favorite for the T3X

Reactions: Jcarpenter223

KRG Whiskey 3 is definitely a unicorn at the range. Never seen anyone using them except for very occasional PRS style comps. Still my favorite for the T3X
Love my Tikka CTR in it's Bravo chassis. 6.5 creedmoor/24" bbl
2021-04-30_Tikka (2).JPEG

The W3 is one of the best looking chassis out there. I went ahead and backordered one for my T3x varmint a couple weeks ago. My previous W3 was a gen 3, so I’m interested to see how the gen 6 differs.

I will say this - the enclosed fore end does stiffen up the whole front . I'm waaay more confident in slinging the rifle with the aluminum qd points . The Standard uses a plastic reinforced design with flush cups. I wasn't to keen on those. Adding the Arca rail also gave more options. It does take a crapload of screws to attach everything, but as a whole its stronger than the standard. Since I'm transitioning this girl from competition rig to a long range hunter , wearing gloves is recommended. The aluminum rail mlok ports are slightly prone to scraping if you're slinging it.

Pics attached shown in "Gamer Mode" 😎

Attachments

• IMG_20200129_103640_01~2.jpg
    IMG_20200129_103640_01~2.jpg
    906.1 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_20191116_222549.jpg
    IMG_20191116_222549.jpg
    619.3 KB · Views: 186
  • Screenshot_20210202-195312~2.png
    Screenshot_20210202-195312~2.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 188
Last pic 😆
This is for guys looking to upgrade the standard chassis short of going all the way. By adding the NV Bridge and Spigot , I really liked the balance. And the looks. But ultimately as I mentioned, I preferred the sling attachments of the Aluminum piece.

Attachments

• IMG_20190523_183111.jpg
    IMG_20190523_183111.jpg
    767.8 KB · Views: 174
Last pic 😆
This is for guys looking to upgrade the standard chassis short of going all the way. By adding the NV Bridge and Spigot , I really liked the balance. And the looks. But ultimately as I mentioned, I preferred the sling attachments of the Aluminum piece.
I know other chassis can be customized but i like how the krg can be setup for gamer gun one night and the next night be setup for lighter hunting rig all by just removing some parts. Thats the big appeal for me. I had the xray and even made the krg impact mod thread a couple years ago here on the hide. But this time around my purpose is to develop the skill in prs to take out to hunting. I know not all aspects are transferable but still

Last edited:
Reactions: TacticalPlinker
I've got a TAC A1 in 308. Currently using Berger 155.5gr bullets loaded to mag length, 2.85". By my calculations that still means a 0.2" jump to the rifling, does that sound right? Wondering if the factory throats are very generous to accommodate the heavier bullets?

Just got back into some more long range shooting. Had a bunch of left over 308 stuff. So i also grabbed a tikka tac a1. What a FUN gun to shoot!
Oh Yeah! I got mine when Europtic had a special going. Included a Vortex PST Gen II 5-25 scope for $1900. Best $ I've spent in a long time. I've only had a couple opportunities to shoot at 1000+ and it is awesome! Just using factory ammo I was able to dial in and hit 12" steel at 1010 yds. Mostly Federal GMM and Hornady ELD, but the best accuracy came with Ruag Sniper +P. Glad I stocked up on that before it became rare/pricey. Extremely smooth action. You will enjoy the TAC A1!

Have a Tikka Tac A1 I got here used on the hide, seller said there was 800 rounds on it. Shoots pretty good. But check out how shit the barrel looks inside. Goes to show you things can look quite scary inside but still perform. You will see fire cracking, and what looks like tooling scars, and some erosion from rust. It's quite crazy.

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 10.50.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 10.51.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 10.50.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 11.01.32 PM.png

Have a Tikka Tac A1 I got here used on the hide, seller said there was 800 rounds on it. Shoots pretty good. But check out how shit the barrel looks inside. Goes to show you things can look quite scary inside but still perform. You will see fire cracking, and what looks like tooling scars, and some erosion from rust. It's quite crazy.

View attachment 7800538
View attachment 7800539
View attachment 7800540
View attachment 7800543
My 260rem CTR had gone well over 4K thru the barrel, stil shoot´s .3MOA.
Your barrel is like new, to compared to mine :)

Perhaps someone can settle this for me, CTR or AICS mag for a 223 in a bravo? Which allows for longer COAL and which feeds better?

If it shoots good, keep shooting. And stop looking at things and commenting on them if you're not going to change them. It is what it is...

Perhaps someone can settle this for me, CTR or AICS mag for a 223 in a bravo? Which allows for longer COAL and which feeds better?
I have a fairly new .223 and use the CTR mag in a bravo. It runs smoothly with 73 gr ELDM and has a ton of extra space. I can measure it tomorrow but dont have an AICS to compare

Reactions: jLorenzo

View attachment 7800538
View attachment 7800539
View attachment 7800540
View attachment 7800543
My tac A1 barrel has alot of fire cracking also. Those marks are from the hammer forging u can probably see other small light criss cross marks in the barrel. Most aren't that defined but if it shoots that good keep it.

My tac A1 barrel has alot of fire cracking also. Those marks are from the hammer forging u can probably see other small light criss cross marks in the barrel. Most aren't that defined but if it shoots that good keep it.
Hammer forging, I guess that makes sense.

Yeah agreed, it's a keeper, and actually my second Tac A1, crazy.. but when I do my thing most groups are really good.

If anyone has ever wanted to try one of the cheap M lok arca rails on Amazon just wanted to let u know they work very good. I was looking for a cheap option and figured it's worth a try. It fits great with my RRS arca clamp on my atlas. I did put it on the mill and machine off one of the M lol nubs sticking up so I could slide it back a bit more to give it a better balance point on my tripod. It came out very solid.

Attachments

• 20220206_125353.jpg
    20220206_125353.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 20220206_125412.jpg
    20220206_125412.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 20220206_125459.jpg
    20220206_125459.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 102
Big fan of annex defense ARCA rails. https://annexdefense.com/search.php?search_query=arca&section=product
Cheap and US made according to them, with oem magpul hardware. Certainly not as long as that rail however. I have a small magpul arca rail on my tikka, but have 2 of their rails on my ARs.

Added barrel shims for the brake, Harris bipod to replace the utg stuff. Ordered a handle and knob. These rifles are addicting.

PcEfT8c.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: viking78
Got mine about a month ago from EO. Keep checking. I was checking every couple days for about a year before they finally got some.

And I never got notified even though i was on the email list.
That’s good to know, I signed up for the notifications as well….I’ll keep checking daily.

Has anyone modified the MT long action metal magazine to reliably feed 6.5PRC? Mine always want to nose dive so I have been continuing to use the stock plastic magazine.