• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

Can you think of any reason not to buy a tac A1???? I have tried to keep up with this thread but i do't recall any negative post on the tac A1. I currently have a TRG 22 in .308 and am almost ready to pull the trigger on a tacA1 in 6.5 creedmoor.

Can you think of any reason not to buy a tac A1???? I have tried to keep up with this thread but i do't recall any negative post on the tac A1. I currently have a TRG 22 in .308 and am almost ready to pull the trigger on a tacA1 in 6.5 creedmoor.

It depends what you want to do. If you are happy with the TAC A1 and want to change nothing about it, then it is worth the money. If you want to drop the system into another stock or chassis and customize the rifle your money is better spent on a CTR or T3x in 6.5CM.

If I got A CRT and the purchased an after market stock and brake would I not be at A1 cost???? Usually a manufacturer can bundle cheeaper than trying to do it on your own???
This is a question not an argument

It'll be about the same cost, plus or minus a couple hundred dollars. The point of my comment was more that the TAC A1 is an excellent value if you are not going to upgrade anything. If you are wanting to upgrade it, buy a cheaper model so you have more to spend on the upgrades.

Do we have any owners of Tikka rifles in GRS stocks on the board? Say what you want but I really like the non-tacticool yet yeally classy and modernist look of the GRS stocks. I had the chance to try a very nice T3 + GRS Berserk combo at the range the other day. Boy, what a shooter! I still think I'd prefer the laminate though...

I had Berserk in my Tikka T3X CTR rifle.
It was the early model, when it was just T3 inlet, so i had to mod my stock to fit with the CTR bottom metal.
And it was accurate as well.

Attachments

• tikka berserk.jpg
    tikka berserk.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 327
  • berserk.jpg
    berserk.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 298
That rifle looks fantastic! Nice paint job! The friendly man on the range had a T3 Varmint. The combination of the smooth bolt and the GRS ergonomics really felt great. I could really see a CTR+GRS in my future... Hopefully later this year.

Did you remove the Berserk? Why? What did you go to instead?

My bad someone already posted it

Is there any difference in accuracy between the 20” and 24” T3X CTR models? Or is one model just better suited for shooting at 1,000+ yards? Thanks.

Is there any difference in accuracy between the 20” and 24” T3X CTR models? Or is one model just better suited for shooting at 1,000+ yards? Thanks.

Like Smooth said, only velocity. I have a 20” CTR, friend of mine has the 24”. Same ammo, same lot, 1/2-3/4 moa in both rifles. Velocity however is 170fps-ish slower in my 20”.

That rifle looks fantastic! Nice paint job! The friendly man on the range had a T3 Varmint. The combination of the smooth bolt and the GRS ergonomics really felt great. I could really see a CTR+GRS in my future... Hopefully later this year.

Did you remove the Berserk? Why? What did you go to instead?

That stock has been by far the most nicely to shoot, the ergonomy of that stock was perfect to me.
But for the tactical use, it is a bit loose, even though i modified the front of the stock, with carbonfibre tubes and filled the whole tire front end with epoxy, that still was not enough rigid for me.
If i lock the pipod and i turned the rifle with the pistol grip, i could see that the stock did twisted a little bit.
Not sure would that matter on accuracy because it did shoot that well, but i did sell it and bought MDT ESS chassis.
But i still miss that Berserk, i did make her look ok, or what do you guys think?

Attachments

• bersierkki.jpg
    bersierkki.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 170
The
But for the tactical use, it is a bit loose, even though i modified the front of the stock, with carbonfibre tubes and filled the whole tire front end with epoxy, that still was not enough rigid for me.
If i lock the pipod and i turned the rifle with the pistol grip, i could see that the stock did twisted a little bit.

I have felt this as well, when I have handled the Berserk stock. I've never shot one of the laminate GRS stocks, but they look very nice (but not very tacticool) and I'm sure they are very stiff and rigid.

But what comes for a durability, Berserk will kick laminated model to the a-whole 10-0.
Laminated stocks might look very nice, and they do, but these stocks are like a glass.
I have broked fem laminated stock, and i will never ever have them a gain.
So therefore go with the Berskerk, this warrior will serve you so long that you need it.
And it feels superior.

Are TRG22 magazines, and the magazines for the Tikka T3 TAC interchangeable? It sure would be nice to not have to buy additional Tikka magazines...

Are TRG22 magazines, and the magazines for the Tikka T3 TAC interchangeable? It sure would be nice to not have to buy additional Tikka magazines...

The TRG 22 mags fit in the T3 CTR magazine well, but CTR mags do not fit in the TRG22. The TAC A1 has the CTR magwell. The Tikka Tac uses the standard Tikka T3 plastic single stack magazines. There are three and five round magazines.

My (relatively) low-buck rifle... my 1st bolt gun, in fact it's my 1st personally owned rifle, always stuck to pistols and scatterguns.

T3X Lite (for now) .308 in an LSS-XL Gen2, MIAD grip, 2A 8-position tube, MBA-3, and Atlas CAL. Glass is a PST Gen1 FFP, in Warne Mountain Tech mediums, now on a Mountain Tactical 20MOA rail. Somewhere around $2k including all the trimmings.

Next up is hopefully a heavier barrel, wanting to go with a PVA or SA barrel nut prefit... leaning towards getting whatever it is nitrided.
20180311_152616.jpg
20180311_153110.jpg

The TRG 22 mags fit in the T3 CTR magazine well, but CTR mags do not fit in the TRG22. The TAC A1 has the CTR magwell. The Tikka Tac uses the standard Tikka T3 plastic single stack magazines. There are three and five round magazines.
Old Tikka T3 CTR magazines were TRG 22 magazines, but this new T3X magazines are different than the old ones.
Cheaper to make, because that bottom on the T3X magazine is all plastic, unlike the old was all steel.
https://1s18w12tqveh1xfywp1ulx42-wp.../wp-content/uploads/tikka-t3-ctr-review-4.jpg
And new one.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0278/2953/products/s45332_2048x.png?v=1518043172

Reactions: 762libertarian
Old Tikka T3 CTR magazines were TRG 22 magazines, but this new T3X magazines are different than the old ones.
Cheaper to make, because that bottom on the T3X magazine is all plastic, unlike the old was all steel.
https://1s18w12tqveh1xfywp1ulx42-wp.../wp-content/uploads/tikka-t3-ctr-review-4.jpg
And new one.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0278/2953/products/s45332_2048x.png?v=1518043172

My guess is that Tikka or their owners do not want to lower the price of TRG 22 mags, so they had to change the CTR magazines to something that did not fit the TRG. Just speculation, of course.

Another new Tikka owner here!
SS T3X lite 6.5 creed with 24” barrel, the special run from Whittakers. I picked up a McMillan Hunters Edge and a S&B 3-12x42.
Really impressed with the Tikka.
Next on my list:
T3X Varmint in 223
T3X Hunter stainless fluted in 6.5x55

I have my first Super Varmint in .223

Jeeeeeeeeeeeezus thats one heavy barrel... be really nice if there was a fluted option too.
I've been looking to get a Tikka T3x Super Varmint in .223, from the little bit of research I did it seems as though this model isn't available in the US. Were you able to find it for sale here or are you not in the US? Thanks!

Has anyone attempted to add an adjustable cheek rest to the T3X CTR stock, or are you just using strap on pads?

I was originally going to swap out for a bravo or a-5 stock, but ended up with a different action/setup for prs and plan on using the ctr as a lighter weight hunting rifle, so I'm looking to utilize the factory stock to allow for more budget on other things.

My (relatively) low-buck rifle... my 1st bolt gun, in fact it's my 1st personally owned rifle, always stuck to pistols and scatterguns.

T3X Lite (for now) .308 in an LSS-XL Gen2, MIAD grip, 2A 8-position tube, MBA-3, and Atlas CAL. Glass is a PST Gen1 FFP, in Warne Mountain Tech mediums, now on a Mountain Tactical 20MOA rail. Somewhere around $2k including all the trimmings.

Next up is hopefully a heavier barrel, wanting to go with a PVA or SA barrel nut prefit... leaning towards getting whatever it is nitrided.
View attachment 6889310
View attachment 6889309

Do the rail covers help with the aluminum in colder weather?

Has anyone attempted to add an adjustable cheek rest to the T3X CTR stock, or are you just using strap on pads?

I was originally going to swap out for a bravo or a-5 stock, but ended up with a different action/setup for prs and plan on using the ctr as a lighter weight hunting rifle, so I'm looking to utilize the factory stock to allow for more budget on other things.

I had one few years ago in my new CTR.
If you are going to use the regular stock, choose the one with the factory adj cheek riser, it is great.
I had no meaning to use this factory stock for a long period, so i took it with out the adj cheek riser, i made it my own diy version, it did worked fine.

Attachments

• cheekrest.jpg
    cheekrest.jpg
    681.6 KB · Views: 154
  • cheekrest2.jpg
    cheekrest2.jpg
    460.4 KB · Views: 153
Reactions: Dthomas3523
I've been looking to get a Tikka T3x Super Varmint in .223, from the little bit of research I did it seems as though this model isn't available in the US. Were you able to find it for sale here or are you not in the US? Thanks!
Hey man.

I'm in NZ so they are fairly common here but I would love one of those specials you guys get!
Particularly the .22-250 with 8 twist....

Just placed my order for the J Allen chassis, should hope to have it the beginning to the middle of June. Will post pictures when I receive it and get it all mounted up.

Last edited:
Do we have any owners of Tikka rifles in GRS stocks on the board? Say what you want but I really like the non-tacticool yet yeally classy and modernist look of the GRS stocks. I had the chance to try a very nice T3 + GRS Berserk combo at the range the other day. Boy, what a shooter! I still think I'd prefer the laminate though...
I've had 2 T3s with laminated GRS stocks and still have one of them.
I recently bought a KRG Bravo and have already put it back into the GRS. The KRG just wasn't doing it for me and didn't make me any more competitive. I'm a bit surprised GRS isn't seen more in matches.
I think the GRS is the most comfortable and user friendly stock I've owned.
Like you, I don't like the "tacticool" look and I haven't found a chassis yet that I fancy. Until then, it's GRS for me.

Do the rail covers help with the aluminum in colder weather?
I couldn't really say, only had it out once since putting it together and it was halfway nice out.

But they're the Ergo ones, and they're actually rubber, so I reckon they insulate a hell of a lot better than aluminum. I honestly only got them because I liked them on my 870 forend. Not like I tote it around like an M16 that much, or hold the forend to fire.

As others have posted if you want to run the TAC A1 stock it is hard to beat the bang for the buck. But while it looks to be a modular design it is not really. Mine came straight out of the box with a defective stock. My first thought was to break the castle nut and tighten up what was inside. There are several torque settings for Tikkas and I spent some time looking for a diagram of the inside of the stock and other intel; to no avail. I have never had a problem breaking a castle nut with a full circle castle nut wrench; but the castle nut on the TAC A1 has to have an open face castle nut wrench due to the design. When I called up Beretta they told me if I broke the castle nut to go inside the stock it would void the warranty. I found at least three other posts on other internet sites where folks had the same issue with a wobbley stock, and the Beretta CS guy indicated I was not the only one who had contacted him about this issue. He sent me an email with a mailing label to print out and I sent the weapon in; and a couple of days later got an email that it was fixed and is suppose to arrive here this week. I am sure it was an easy fix; but did not want to risk voiding the warranty by not sending it in. Not sure I would call this a negative post as much as a QC glitch I had to deal with. In any case this is a vid of the stock issue, which I hope will be fixed when I get my TAC A1 back.

I really like the looks of the new Bifrost they are coming out with later this year,maybe they'll add a CTR and some different colors to it.
http://www.grsriflestocks.com/models/composite-stocks/grs-bifrost

Reactions: BallisticPrimate
You always have the best toys! I look forward to your review.

I wish that were the case, I just sold a lot of what I wasn't using to buy this guy. I've been waiting for this release for a few months now. Hopefully they hold true to the mid may to early June shipping date. I will be adding a timney and spuhr mount shortly as well.

Going over my rifle today I noticed alot of back and forth play in the bolt stop/release. Upon inspection the hole has elongated almost double it's original size (kind of hard to see in the picture). This is from 750 rounds and just as many if not more dry firings. Looks like I will be making a order with Jason McHann at Mountain Tactical for a new one and extras to have on hand.
FB_IMG_1522774780150.jpg

Anybody have experience with a slow tikka barrel? Got a magnetospeed for my birthday and took out the wife 20inch.260 ctr, using factory hornady 130grn match i got an avg velocity of 2430fps for 20 shots with an sd of 11. So the ammo was consistent but it was sure slow. Sadly I didn't have any other ammo to test nor another .260 to test velocities. Just curious to see what your thoughts are? Box states a velocity of 2840, i'm guessing with a 24 inch barrel.

Factory AE 140gr OTM. 5/100m today with the Tac A1 in 6.5cm. Top round was CBS.

Attachments

• 20180403_130925.jpg
    20180403_130925.jpg
    357.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 20180403_140749.jpg
    20180403_140749.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 97
  • 20180403_142255.jpg
    20180403_142255.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: Brighthighlight
Anybody have experience with a slow tikka barrel? Got a magnetospeed for my birthday and took out the wife 20inch.260 ctr, using factory hornady 130grn match i got an avg velocity of 2430fps for 20 shots with an sd of 11. So the ammo was consistent but it was sure slow. Sadly I didn't have any other ammo to test nor another .260 to test velocities. Just curious to see what your thoughts are? Box states a velocity of 2840, i'm guessing with a 24 inch barrel.

Yeah, most box velocities are based 24” barrel. My 20” 6.5 is a bit slower than I thought it would be, but it is still stupid accurate at distance.

All my factory Tiikas shoot my pet loads around 80-100 fps less than the rebarreled ones (same barrel length)

Reactions: Mwalex
Going over my rifle today I noticed alot of back and forth play in the bolt stop/release. Upon inspection the hole has elongated almost double it's original size (kind of hard to see in the picture). This is from 750 rounds and just as many if not more dry firings. Looks like I will be making a order with Jason McHann at Mountain Tactical for a new one and extras to have on hand.View attachment 6890387

The holes come like that from the factory with the newer rifles, my CTR looks the exact same. I think its done that way so the stop itself has some play and will contact the receiver rather than the pin taking the force when th bolt is cycled.

The holes come like that from the factory with the newer rifles, my CTR looks the exact same. I think its done that way so the stop itself has some play and will contact the receiver rather than the pin taking the force when th bolt is cycled.
This is correct

Got my Bravo chassis yesterday, got to say that i really like it, a lot:cool:.
This plastic they use in KRG, is really some thing space kind of plastic, kind of even dont feel like to be plastic, and the Sako green is just awesome color.
I thought to sell my another ESS chassis, because i like this Bravo so much.
I did do some tuning for my chassis straight away, like the poor man spigot and lined cheekpad with rubber sheet, and add the tool-less but pad and the hook on the bottom of the chassis.
Also bought MDT new steel AICS magazine with out the binder plates, these are guys really good magazines, these you should buy, not the over priced AI magazines and not well worked Accurate magazine, where you need to polish the mag feed lips, because it scrape your brass to ruined.

Attachments

• bravo2.jpg
    bravo2.jpg
    465.5 KB · Views: 242
Reactions: dricard