• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tikka T3 Thread

My new Tikka T3x.

Standard Varmint 308 barrel.
S&B PMII 10x42
Optilock rings
GRS Bifrost stock
Vertebrae muzzle break
Harris bipod

It shoots like any Tikka should.

Attachments

• IMG_20180624_133716.jpg
    IMG_20180624_133716.jpg
    409.4 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_20180624_133728.jpg
    IMG_20180624_133728.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_20180624_133815.jpg
    IMG_20180624_133815.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_20180624_133845.jpg
    IMG_20180624_133845.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 226
@AutoSWE

Hows the fixed 300 yard parallax on the 10x42mm S&B working for you at various ranges?
I have yet to shoot farther than 300 m (short shooting ranges here in the south of Sweden), but from 50-300 m I have not had any problems.

The 10x42 was used a lot by military snipers just 10 years ago, and they shot 1000+ m successfully. Rex hails it, so I take his word for it. But as stated - I have not shot farther than 300 m.

Reactions: PBWalsh
Appreciate it, sound like you have no problem focusing at shorter ranges, please do update us whenever you're able to take it out to extended ranges. I've always enjoyed the specs of this optic.

Appreciate it, sound like you have no problem focusing at shorter ranges, please do update us whenever you're able to take it out to extended ranges. I've always enjoyed the specs of this optic.
I most definitely will, although it will probably be quite a while until such an opportunity presents itself. Overall it is a really solid optic - although for the price a lot of 5-25 power scopes can be had. I prefer the weight saving though - as well as the ruggedness - as it is mainly a hunting rifle.

Reactions: PBWalsh
Just got a Tikka CTR. Use will be hunting and shooting during the year for fun out to 600 (farther if I can find a place).

Was going to pretty quickly here grab a Bravo for it until I heard about EH1 Manners with new mini chassis. Model number MCS-EH1TK.

But I can not find current pricing for it. Nore does it seem to be in stock anywhere.

Save a few hundred and get the bravo or wait and get the EH1TK with mini chassis

Reactions: kimberyote
I am planning on taking a train ride, (Sitting next to the bar car, of course), and going to the Manners shop to check all of the selections out. It's about a 5 hour ride for me. There are so many different models to choose from, and I called them months ago, and they said they would have different rigs, already set up with actions, barrels, and scopes on order to get the feel. Im not use to spend so much $$ on a stock, and not knowing 100% for sure what Im going to be getting. From the designs, to the colors, and the weights. It doesn't take a lot to confuse me, and Im about as confused as i can be as to which one I want right now. It should be fun!!
Im retiring now, and I will be considering this my party road trip!!

I am planning on taking a train ride, (Sitting next to the bar car, of course), and going to the Manners shop to check all of the selections out. It's about a 5 hour ride for me. There are so many different models to choose from, and I called them months ago, and they said they would have different rigs, already set up with actions, barrels, and scopes on order to get the feel. Im not use to spend so much $$ on a stock, and not knowing 100% for sure what Im going to be getting. From the designs, to the colors, and the weights. It doesn't take a lot to confuse me, and Im about as confused as i can be as to which one I want right now. It should be fun!!

Sounds awesome! I would love to tour their shop. Do take some pictures!

if you are going to travel all that way, you might as well stop in at GAP and Badger. They are within in sight, across the street.

Just tried some of that S&B 140 FMJ BT in my 6.5CM CTR this morning. Got the box for $12 before shipping.
Very excited because I had 5rd groups ranging from .9"-1.1" at 100yds.

That kind of accuracy out of ammo that cheap is unreal! All thanks to my T3 CTR.

Well, after a lot of research (a lot of that lurking here, thanks SHF!) I finally made a decision and placed an order. Tikka T3X CTR in .308. Most of my shooting will be 500yds or less on white tail deer. But I wanted something that could fill the role as a long range hole punch also. So a compromise gun if you will. And from my research here, it'll be more than adequate for my needs. Really impressed thus far, super slick action, good trigger (haven't touched it yet) pull that breaks like glass, and the stock seems like it's going to fit me well.

One question though, how do I get the cheesy plastic oversized bolt handle off? I removed the grub screw, but it's not budging at all.

agCj5sV.jpg

Well, after a lot of research (a lot of that lurking here, thanks SHF!) I finally made a decision and placed an order. Tikka T3X CTR in .308. Most of my shooting will be 500yds or less on white tail deer. But I wanted something that could fill the role as a long range hole punch also. So a compromise gun if you will. And from my research here, it'll be more than adequate for my needs. Really impressed thus far, super slick action, good trigger (haven't touched it yet) pull that breaks like glass, and the stock seems like it's going to fit me well.

One question though, how do I get the cheesy plastic oversized bolt handle off? I removed the grub screw, but it's not budging at all.

agCj5sV.jpg
Congrats for your new Tikka CTR. The plastic oversized bolt comes glued apart the grub screw. I can't remember exactly how I took out mine but was a PITA.

Last edited:
Reactions: HPIguy
Well, my excitement was short lived. Any opinions on whether you'd ask them to just send a new rail and screws, or go on the assumption that if it's enough to bend the rail, then the threads in the top of the receiver are screwed and just get a whole new gun?

rq8oENO.jpg

Well, my excitement was short lived. Any opinions on whether you'd ask them to just send a new rail and screws, or go on the assumption that if it's enough to bend the rail, then the threads in the top of the receiver are screwed and just get a whole new gun?

rq8oENO.jpg

I’m sure if you buggered up the threads any competent smith can fix it for you.

Were you prying on the rail? Using heat?

I’m sure if you buggered up the threads any competent smith can fix it for you.

Were you prying on the rail? Using heat?

I haven't touched it, it came out of the box like this. I had no need to mess with the rail other than to mount my rings.

I haven't touched it, it came out of the box like this. I had no need to mess with the rail other than to mount my rings.

What the hell! Who's your dealer? Was it used? I'm sure if you bought it new your dealer will take care of it.

CTR's come with a screw on the front of the rail that is used to secure a Sako mirage band. It's supposed to stick up. Either Tikka torqued the hell out of it, or you LGS thought it was a mounting screw and hamfisted it down. I'd be contacting both for a possible exchange, chances are they buggered up the Tikka action rail and at least owe you a new Scope Rail.

Can I ask a question about these swept back bolt handles?
I just got my new Bravo chassis for my Tikka T3X CTR and I had thought that my index finger would not be hitting the factory bolt knob as much as it does with the factory stock but it actually is more noticable. I either have to get used to placing my finger lower on the trigger without hitting the knob or try a different bolt like the swept back ones unless that will make it even worse? I have huge hands(size 14 shoe to go with them). Thanks

Just got my Sterk swept handle and Gen2 shroud. Ordered this set in FDE to match my J Allen when it decides to show up. I know I say this every time I post about it, but @cannoncrossfire fit and finish is unreal. This is my third set I've ordered through him and I've never been disappointed! Hoping to get it out this weekend with the holidays and my work site being shut down for the week.
IMG_20180626_192454_699.jpg

If you happen to have a barrel to replace it with that might be a option.

I guess that it's far away from Finland :) I don't know if anyone here sells Bartlein. 26" left hand gain twist light palma chambered to .260rem AI would be perfect :)

What the hell! Who's your dealer? Was it used? I'm sure if you bought it new your dealer will take care of it.

My dealer is a tiny LGS in a very rural area of NC. The gun was a special order item. You're not going to find this level of gun on a shelf within an hours drive of here. It was NIB, shipped from Davidson's if memeory serves as the distributor.

CTR's come with a screw on the front of the rail that is used to secure a Sako mirage band. It's supposed to stick up. Either Tikka torqued the hell out of it, or you LGS thought it was a mounting screw and hamfisted it down. I'd be contacting both for a possible exchange, chances are they buggered up the Tikka action rail and at least owe you a new Scope Rail.

The LGS never touched it, the owner is a friend of mine. I cut the tape on the shipping box that had the rifle box inside it. The is literally right out of the box.

My rail is actually bent, not sure if the pic shows it or not. It is not true at all, and it makes me wonder since the rail is bent, did that front screw get put in at an angle and mess up the threads in the top of the receiver?

Just got my Sterk swept handle and Gen2 shroud. Ordered this set in FDE to match my J Allen when it decides to show up. I know I say this every time I post about it, but @cannoncrossfire fit and finish is unreal. This is my third set I've ordered through him and I've never been disappointed! Hoping to get it out this weekend with the holidays and my work site being shut down for the week.
View attachment 6916628

Very nice!! This is why I finally broke down and got the real deal. Pics when I get it installed.

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
@tevan0707 great photo and looks good with the gen2 shroud.

@Lunchbox27 Tactical works got their order and glad you got yours!

@patriotnation you're likely to have problems with most large tikka bolt handles due to the fact the handle is 'down' in the same spot no matter what - as dictated by the angled cutout in the rear of the action. Some stocks do move your hand further out - closer to the handle if they have a fat grip (GRS Beserk is one especially with this), so unless you re-shape a handle so it bends upwards - this will then cause issues with your hand too close to your scope etc when the bolt is in the 'up/open' position.

Rail crisis is resolved. Backed the screw out and the rail returned to straight and true. I was just hesitant to mess with it because if I did have to send it in, then I've monkeyed with it. Someone let me know that front screw has no hole in the reciever, someone tipped me off that's it's for a heat shield or some shit, maybe for a different model. Just glad that so far I'm good.

H4tpfZD.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: NiemiPT and coltm4
Rail crisis is resolved. Backed the screw out and the rail returned to straight and true. I was just hesitant to mess with it because if I did have to send it in, then I've monkeyed with it. Someone let me know that front screw has no hole in the reciever, someone tipped me off that's it's for a heat shield or some shit, maybe for a different model. Just glad that so far I'm good.

I'm clad that it sorted out. I would ask for new rail anyway to be sure and compensate the pain. You could update 20 MOA at same time if you wish or event if you don't install it just keep it as a space or sell it. Keep going upstream from dealer until you find who screwed it.

The last screw indeed is for mirage strap. Sako's three ring optiloc scope mount has a hook for that too. The front end can be attached at least to muzzle brake or iron sights. I was wondering that screw when I got my CTR but fortunately it was as it should and I didn't messed it up.

By the way, I prefer 0 MOA rail and one piece tilted mount but having the tilt in rail seems to be in in the USA :) I wonder why. Tilt in the mount allows you to fit the tilt per sight. For example you can have red dot without tilt and S&B PMII with some tilt because those are obviously for different purposes. It's somehow clearer for me that way.

Reactions: HPIguy
View attachment 6916628

Are there any of these left from the latest batch?

Are there any of these left from the latest batch?
People that have emailed will be notified as parts are available from any cancelled orders etc. Tactical Works (site sponsor) have received their order and have them on their site for those that didn't want to wait. I've got a wait list building already so it's doubtful I'll be trying to get rid of anything. Machining runs are based off the emails/pre-orders.

Thank you cannoncrossfire, I figured as much. I was considering the GRS but some reviews concerned me about flexing so I went with the Bravo. I am kind of new at this and this forum is so helpful.

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
Anyone have an extra bolt shroud cover for a T3 Bolt, I don’t care if it’s polymer. Mine magically disappeared on me. I noticed the aftermarket ones are kinda pricey.

I was shooting yesterday with my friend on his sand pit.
Longest targets were 750 yards.
This is the longest that i have had opportunity to shoot, and it was so so nice.
Quite nasty side wind from the left side made it quite challenging, but i made few nice shots.
I also tested the tripod, but only on the 430 yards, but that was the max on this wind, with the tripod, stil need to practice on that.
My two CTR and my friend TAC A1 in 260rem with Zeiss Diavari 6-24x56 mil scope.
It was really good day to shoot, and give us a very nice lesson about the wind, so far we had almost zero wind, so we need to learn a lot about the weather and other obstacles, but that makes this so nice, that you think you are good, but you not that good at all :D
14586687.jpg

P6270004.JPG

I was shooting yesterday with my friend on his sand pit.
Longest targets were 750 yards.
This is the longest that i have had opportunity to shoot, and it was so so nice.
Quite nasty side wind from the left side made it quite challenging, but i made few nice shots.
I also tested the tripod, but only on the 430 yards, but that was the max on this wind, with the tripod, stil need to practice on that.
My two CTR and my friend TAC A1 in 260rem with Zeiss Diavari 6-24x56 mil scope.
It was really good day to shoot, and give us a very nice lesson about the wind, so far we had almost zero wind, so we need to learn a lot about the weather and other obstacles, but that makes this so nice, that you think you are good, but you not that good at all :D
View attachment 6916904
View attachment 6916903

Sweet setup! I need friends like this.

Reactions: viking78
People that have emailed will be notified as parts are available from any cancelled orders etc. Tactical Works (site sponsor) have received their order and have them on their site for those that didn't want to wait. I've got a wait list building already so it's doubtful I'll be trying to get rid of anything. Machining runs are based off the emails/pre-orders.

Ah no worries, thanks for the information. I don’t think tactical works ships to Aus so I’ll be patient, I need another hobby I swear.

Ah no worries, thanks for the information. I don’t think tactical works ships to Aus so I’ll be patient, I need another hobby I swear.
Im located in Australia so buying direct would definitely be a better option. Will check on leftover stock this weekend and email out. Can't yet afford to be a site sponsor yet sadly so can't advertise here.

Reactions: Simia Dei
Do you guys know which grip comes on the CTR? Is is the vertical or the traditional? I'm going to order the other one to try out.

Reactions: Graywolf.260